Ladies, what shoes does your man wear when walking around Disney?

I only wear Altras now. They are primarily a running shoe company, but they make walking and dress casual styles too. All models are "zero drop" no heel so they can take a little bit of time to get used to them. They also have wide toe boxes so your feet stay in a more natural position and toes don't get bunched together.

They have different models with different levels of cushion and stability. I wear the black Provision walking shoes at work and rotate between a couple of other pairs of the running models for everything else. Haven't had athletes foot since switching to them (several years now) and I don't get shin splints or plantar facitis pain anymore either.

My newest pair are the Paradigm model (Max cushion) and I am planning on those being my go to pair for our upcoming trip. I am hoping the extra cushion helps with all of the standing in line in addition to covering so much ground each day.

This. I wore some New Balance 880v6 for my 4 day trip last week including Saturday when my fitness band recorded 39000 steps/19 miles with no foot issues. I stuck with just the one pair.

A good running store will fit you properly and I was also impressed with the employees at the mall New Balance store.

The New Balance store and most running specialty stores will do a good job of figuring out what you need in a shoe, if you haven't been fitted before. This can make a ton of difference.

I only wear Altras now. They are primarily a running shoe company, but they make walking and dress casual styles too. All models are "zero drop" no heel so they can take a little bit of time to get used to them. They also have wide toe boxes so your feet stay in a more natural position and toes don't get bunched together.

They have different models with different levels of cushion and stability. I wear the black Provision walking shoes at work and rotate between a couple of other pairs of the running models for everything else. Haven't had athletes foot since switching to them (several years now) and I don't get shin splints or plantar facitis pain anymore either.

My newest pair are the Paradigm model (Max cushion) and I am planning on those being my go to pair for our upcoming trip. I am hoping the extra cushion helps with all of the standing in line in addition to covering so much ground each day.

Just one thing to note about zero drops (including Altras): if you're not used to zero drop, be sure to take a lot of time walking with them before trying something like Disney. It works the muscles in your leg differently, and takes a bit of getting used to.

The same goes for the opposite: if you're used to zero drop, don't use Disney to switch back to a high drop. More or less any major change to gait needs to be worked on gradually.

My husband wears Nike sandals or Vans. If we're on a multi-day trip he takes both and alternates. He's low maintenance though and doesn't pay much attention to what he wears.

I only wear Altras now. They are primarily a running shoe company, but they make walking and dress casual styles too. All models are "zero drop" no heel so they can take a little bit of time to get used to them.
I second this. I've had foot pain for my entire life, and Altras are the best I've found. I didn't have a problem adjusting to zero drop, but my previous go-to shoes had a pretty small drop (Nike Free, also a good choice), so I imagine it would be more difficult coming from a typical walking shoe.

I also wear good socks, alternate shoes, take breaks, and try to get some good sleep after the trip to recover.

Skechers Go Walk 3 are the most comfortable shoes my husband has ever worn. Not any of the other Skechers (Go Walk 2, Go Walk Air, or the ones with memory foam) - the Go Walk 3 are the most comfortable. He can't believe how much better they are than any other shoes he has worn.

Wow! Thank you so much to everyone for your reply. Such a great community here :)

New Balance sound like great ones to go for, will double check the list again.

Can't believe some guys walk around all day in sandals, crazy!

I've worn boots most of my adult life - both for work and motorcycle riding. But I've become a real fan of New Balance since being fitted at one of their stores about 6 years ago. I currently have 7 pairs in rotation.

The pair I use in the parks are 645s, which are tan and brown. They don't really "go" with anything, but they sure are comfortable.

My husband wears supportive running shoes at Dl, as do I. The best advice is to bring two pairs and switch them out half way through the day. Changing shoes midday really makes a big difference in minimizing soreness.

Definitely agree with folks on here about the shoes and to also make sure have good pairs of socks. I don't think I would do sandals myself, though have contemplated it. I wear sandals (prefer Teva's more sporty type sandals) pretty much all the time when not at the parks, but I am not sure if would want to do that much walking in them in a single go.

Just make sure with the new shoes to wear them awhile before going. Also bring moleskin just in case. Can be a trip/foot saver.

My DH wears Clarks tennis shoes. They are specifically for walking. He says they are super comfortable.

Why not just ask us guys directly, rather than going through our spouses? ;) Anyway, I'd guess that it's a very individual decision. What's comfortable for one guy may not be for another. As for me, I found these Reeboks about 5 years ago, and they're now my every day shoes, as well as my Disney shoes. They're incredibly comfortable, with lots of cushioning in the soles:
http://www.reebok.com/us/walk-ultra-v-dmx-max-rg-4e/AQ9228.html

A good sandal works OK, as long as it has support. But in any case, I highly recommend that he bring at least 2 pairs of shoes, and alternates.

HTH,
Bob

Don't be silly, men don't know stuff! ;)

Also, thanks for a smile today. My son used to call my grandfather "Bob" and all the younger kids called him, "Grandbob." Reminders of him are always happy.

my Dh wears whatever he feels like wearing, no input from me appreciated:rotfl2: usually it's his Nike sneakers.... he likes to have a pair to swap out

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter