Ladybug and Cat Noir

Ronneeaght

Mouseketeer
Now that Disney has acquired the Miraculous franchise, do you think that we might see Ladybug and Cat Noir on the ships? I can imagine a sweet deck party with Mickey zip lining in to save the day from an akumatized villain. Hahaha. I suppose that doesn't have quite the same passenger costume opportunities as pirate night, but think of dinner with all sorts of goodies from the Dupain-Cheng bakery.

This is obviously a silly thread. Just dreaming about fun ideas while we wait to get back on board! What Disney owned characters would you like to see more of? How could Disney tie them in with current themed activities?

I didn’t know they acquired Miraculous! DD discovered Miraculous right at the tail end of her little kid cartoon phase. It’s a cute show! I think it would be fun if they could incorporate those characters onto the ship! I could see Kids Club doing something on theme :)

My kid would love it. She LOVES miraculous. We were supposed to go on a disney cruise in europe this summer and hit paris after. Had a whole iternerary planned for places in the show.

Disney France was already one of the "production partner" of the TV series and Disney Channel progressively started to own the distribution rights when Nickelodeon shut the door on the series in 2016 and Disney now has exclusive distribution rights in select countries. Unless something recent happened though, I do believe that as of March 3rd they only own the exclusive distribution rights... but Disney does not appear to own the actual intellectual property (owned by ZAG animation and Median Group).

Maybe they show up at Disneyland Paris if Disney has negotiated the rights for "promotional activities" with the characters...

Disney France was already one of the "production partner" of the TV series and Disney Channel progressively started to own the distribution rights when Nickelodeon shut the door on the series in 2016 and Disney now has exclusive distribution rights in select countries. Unless something recent happened though, I do believe that as of March 3rd they only own the exclusive distribution rights... but Disney does not appear to own the actual intellectual property (owned by ZAG animation and Median Group).

Maybe they show up at Disneyland Paris if Disney has negotiated the rights for "promotional activities" with the characters...

Ahhh, I don't understand the nuances of intellectual property. I saw that they were getting the first three seasons on Disney Channel and Disney+ and they had ordered two more seasons (yay). I figured that meant they "owned" the franchise.

Ahhh, I don't understand the nuances of intellectual property. I saw that they were getting the first three seasons on Disney Channel and Disney+ and they had ordered two more seasons (yay). I figured that meant they "owned" the franchise.
...not to say that one day Disney does not acquire the full rights.

PJ Masks might be an example of something similar. Disney Worldwide owns the broadcast rights for most countries (except notably France and UK) and is one of the production company... but I can't really see the day where PJ Masks start showing up in a park or the Disney Junior show at Hollywood Studios

The last thing to consider for park or cruise presence is "fit" with a Disney universe. It's not Star Wars, it's not Marvel, it's not Pixar and technically isn't Disney Animation either. Yet, I could see a fit in one of the catch all park such as Hollywood Studio at WDW or Walt Disney Studio at DLP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter