Laid off & cheering up w/a PTR: updated 4/29- I hit my goal weight! plus CM's & EPCOT

I finally was able to take a picture of the Disney-themed items we bought at the sale when DD woke up this morning. I think I am most excited about the backpack. It is the perfect size for Gin to carry herself and we can easily take it when we are standing in line for rides. I'm glad we won't have to lug around our big diaperbag like last year. Waiting in line with that wasn't fun. We can stick a diaper and some snacks and a few diversions in the backpack and still have room to spare. All of the items together cost $6.

4457938803_eec337fdf6_m.jpg

As for the rest of Gin's clothes while we are in Disney, my sister bought Gin a cute Minnie Mouse pillowcase dress on etsy (not sure of the seller but I will find out) but the problem is that she bought a 2T- Gin still sometimes wears 18 month clothes!! Maybe she'll have a big growth spurt in the next few months, if not maybe I'll just shorten the straps and the hem a little bit so it fits. Last week I tried to get some tees from the Disney Store in the mall (they were on sale for $6) but we found out the store closed sometime after Christmas and the next closest Disney Store is 45 minutes away :eek: We were super bummed. I haven't had any luck finding Disney themed clothes at places like Target or Walmart. When you aren't looking for them they are EVERYWHERE and when you finally need them they disappear.

Since I work in the school system I don't get laid off until the end of June (4 days before the trip to WDW actually). Therefore I still go to work knowing that 3 months from now I won't see many of my co-workers or any of the students that I now see every day. It is a bit depressing especially since I loved my job. I sent an email out to the staff today regarding a fundraiser I am doing with one of my clubs and I got an email from the principal about how he was happy I was being professional and continuing on with my duties. I felt it was a little condescending :confused3. A few co-workers have said that I should just slack off and not do anything the rest of the year, but that would be a total waste to me. I emailed my principal back and told him that there are still some people in the school that value my services and that I would continue to do my job until the end of the school year. I felt like adding a big fat raspberry to the end of the email since he is one of the people in administration that obviously doesn't see the value in a librarian. I told a few of my student workers today that I wouldn't be back next year and they cried (2 very emotional teenage girls) and that made me feel horrible. I was feeling OK all weekend and even yesterday but today had to be the worst since I was told I would be laid off :sad1: Here's wishing for a better day tomorrow!

Things are still kind of blah at work, more and more people find out every day that they are being laid off at the end of the school year but one of the things I know I get to look forward to everyday is a little more Disney trip planning :goodvibes

So lately I have been focused on the drive down -all 2000 miles round trip:drive: I'm still looking around for a good deal at a hotel somewhere around southern North Carolina or northern South Carolina. We like to split the driving almost exactly in half between 2 days. We aren't able to drive straight through the night, for whatever reason DD will not sleep for an extended period in the car even when we have tried different kinds of car seats. I'm trying to get a nightly rate somewhere under $75 but I think I need to look some more before booking. There has to be a fantastic deal out there somewhere and I'm going to find it!

Our next big concern about driving down is the food. DD (Ginny) has an egg allergy and if you aren't familiar with food allergies you may think, well just don't feed your daughter any eggs :laughing:. I wish it was that simple. Eggs are in EVERYTHING, especially at fast food places. I spent some time today going through all of the websites of the big fast food chains to find out which of their menu items are safe to eat. We really only eat at one fast food place around us, Chick-fil-a :cool1: We love us some Chick-fil-a and we know their menu by heart but since they aren't too common down I-95 we need to be aware what food items at other restaurants will cause Gin to get a ridiculously uncomfortable rash and probably ruin our vacation. Being the meticulous librarian that I am I created a spreadsheet of the different restaurants and the foods to avoid and the foods safe for Ginny. I find it confusing that in most fast food restaurants she can have the chicken nuggets, but not the chicken sandwiches. You would think they would have the same type of breading but the chicken sandwiches almost all have egg in them :headache: I get freaked out by stories of ecoli in hamburgers at fast food places so she already isn't allowed to eat those. Here's a little sampling of what I've found so far about fast food restaurants and egg allergies

Burger King
Avoid:
Veggie burger, Tendercrisp Chicken filet, Cini-mini’s, Funnel cake sticks

Safe:
Crown shaped chicken tenders, French toast sticks , Soft serve cone, Dutch apple pie

Tomorrow I am going to spend some time calculating the amount of Weight Watchers points in some common fast food items. I've lost a good bit of weight so far and I don't want junky fast food on the road trip to pack on the pounds.

subbing
So sorry to hear have you lay off--here in virginia they are laying off or cutting our education budget. My #2 daughter was an education major untill she got wind of this and has switched to horticultural instead, and i know education majors who are working other jobs until they find work in their field.
Great finds at the sale--
We drive from Virginia but always make it in one day--going in June also--
Did you look around the South of the Border area, there might be some deals to be had.

Am I crazy? Nah, crazy would be sitting in my misery at home instead of looking forward to all of the great times we'll have on this trip

You have the EXACT right idea, girlfriend. I love your attitude. Congrats on the weight loss as well! I've just lost 20 lbs myself and I am trying to burn as much off as possible before my trip next month when all that Disney food hits!

Excited to read more!popcorn::

Congrats on the weight loss!!!!:thumbsup2 Looks like you got some cute things for Disney!! I didnt know you were driving! That is very brave!

subbing
So sorry to hear have you lay off--here in virginia they are laying off or cutting our education budget. My #2 daughter was an education major untill she got wind of this and has switched to horticultural instead, and i know education majors who are working other jobs until they find work in their field.

It is a shame that colleges don't make students aware of the prospects of finding a job in certain fields. I know too many people that have recently graduated with Bachelors or Masters degress in education and are just subbing or waitressing. At least your daughter was able to switch tracks in time!

You have the EXACT right idea, girlfriend. I love your attitude. Congrats on the weight loss as well! I've just lost 20 lbs myself and I am trying to burn as much off as possible before my trip next month when all that Disney food hits!
I'm one pound away from a number that I haven't seen on the scale in a LOOOOOONG time and I won't let stress or anything else get in my way of losing this weight :cool1:

Congrats on the weight loss!!!!:thumbsup2 Looks like you got some cute things for Disney!! I didnt know you were driving! That is very brave!
Very brave would be getting on an airplane, but since I am a wimp and don't fly we have to drive:rotfl:. DH is such a trooper for putting up with all of the driving we have to do! When I was a kid my dad was a pilot who had his own 4 seater plane. We would go flying on the weekends just for fun, which I loved and when I got older I always had problems (aka anxiety) flying on commercial planes. I know for most people it is usually the reverse and they get freaked out flying in smaller planes. It got worse and worse every time I had to fly and I eventully just gave it up, it wasn't worth the extreme anxiety I would feel. I still like to travel so we drive everywhere or we go on cruises. DH and I love to take road trips up and down the east coast but we just have to make a few adjustments now that we've added another little passenger :goodvibes

i used to be terrified of flying. we have done lots of road trips - drove cross country for our honeymoon! the more I fly the better I am! Now with kids I am MUCH better. I still cry atleast once on every flight. :rotfl2: But the three hours of anxiety is better than the 24 hours in the car with the 2 kids!:scared1:

I had to proctor detention the other day and had a good hour on my hands so I decided to take out my trusty Weight Watchers slide rule points calculator that I got eons ago and I calculated some points for common fast food items. I really don't want my weight loss sidetracked by 2000 miles worth of fast food. So far I looked at Chick-fil-a, McDonald's, Burger King, Arby's, Hardees, Sonic, KFC and Wendy's- can anyone think of another common fast food restaurant that I might find on I-95?

Sidenote/rant: I refuse to even look at Church's Chicken, we stopped there a few years ago (our first and last time ever) on our way down to Disney and had the worst fastfood meal of our lives. We actually pulled over on I-95 to dump out our soda since it was so gross. It tasted like melted cherry lollipops and not in a good way and their popcorn chicken tasted like fried wads of plastic :confused:, you couldn't even chew through them.

Anywho, here's a small portion of the points values for some fast food items that I found (I calculated the points value for about 50 items- if you want my whole list just ask!... I'm allowed 20 points per day right now

McD's:
SW or Bacon Ranch Salad with grilled chicken (no dressing)= 6pts small fries= 5pts

KFC:
Tender Roast Sandwich without sauce = 6pts
BBQ beans = 2pts
Honey BBQ sandwich =6pts

Hardee's:
Roast Beef & Cheddar = 5pts

Burger King:
4 Crown Shaped Chicken Tenders = 5pts

Arby's:
Chopped Turkey Club salad (no dressing)= 6pts

Tonight I am putting together Ginny's Easter Basket. I've been collecting items for the past month or so to fill it up, so I'm not even sure of everything that I have. Everything has been sitting in bags in the closet so I can't wait to see what's there. I do remember I have TinkerBell eggs and a cute Easter book about Thumper. I'll update with pics before she tears into it on Easter!

There is a great website that has all fast food WW points... I am trying to remember the name... Debbie's WW points I think!!??

Sounds like it is going to be a nice basket! I cant wait to see the pics.

13.1 pounds! :banana:

Don't sweat it! Disney is going to majorly bring your spirits up! This is the lift you need.

Enjoy it, have fun, and soak it all in.

There is a great website that has all fast food WW points... I am trying to remember the name... Debbie's WW points I think!!??

Sounds like it is going to be a nice basket! I cant wait to see the pics.

13.1 pounds! :banana:

Oh, I found it! The site is Dottie's Weight Loss Zone and it fantastic :thumbsup2 every possible restaurant is listed!

Don't sweat it! Disney is going to majorly bring your spirits up! This is the lift you need.

Enjoy it, have fun, and soak it all in.

Thanks! I am trying to do one "Disney" thing each day related to the trip to make me a little happier ;)

I received 2 awesome emails from Disney today :cool1:

The first was letting me know that the free customized Disney parks maps I ordered about 3 weeks ago are on their way. I completely forgot I had even ordered them!

The second email was from the Mickey Mom's Club saying that I had been selected to host a WDW "What will you celebrate?" In-home Celebration :banana: Another thing that I totally forgot I signed up for! I have to say that my Spring Break is starting off way better than I thought it would! Two great emails in one day! In-home celebration email said I should be receiving a big red box by April 19th.

" In addition to the fun assortment of activities, recipes, decor and goodies for your guests, you'll find suggestions for making the most out of your party. And to get your creative juices flowing, visit www.momselect.com/mickeymomsclub for awesome party ideas and even more celebration tools to enhance your gathering."

I have to host my party by May 20th- another fun Disney related event to plan :cloud9:

I received 2 awesome emails from Disney today :cool1:

The first was letting me know that the free customized Disney parks maps I ordered about 3 weeks ago are on their way. I completely forgot I had even ordered them!

The second email was from the Mickey Mom's Club saying that I had been selected to host a WDW "What will you celebrate?" In-home Celebration :banana: Another thing that I totally forgot I signed up for! I have to say that my Spring Break is starting off way better than I thought it would! Two great emails in one day! In-home celebration email said I should be receiving a big red box by April 19th.

" In addition to the fun assortment of activities, recipes, decor and goodies for your guests, you'll find suggestions for making the most out of your party. And to get your creative juices flowing, visit www.momselect.com/mickeymomsclub for awesome party ideas and even more celebration tools to enhance your gathering."

I have to host my party by May 20th- another fun Disney related event to plan :cloud9:

wow what a exciting disney email weekend for you this weekend:) I am going to have to order the custom maps too!! And when did you sign up for the in home celebration? You will have to let us know whats all in the big red box-- thats so exciting!! thats so exciting you have another disney event to plan! I cant wait to hear more about your planning:)

I had to proctor detention the other day and had a good hour on my hands so I decided to take out my trusty Weight Watchers slide rule points calculator that I got eons ago and I calculated some points for common fast food items. I really don't want my weight loss sidetracked by 2000 miles worth of fast food. So far I looked at Chick-fil-a, McDonald's, Burger King, Arby's, Hardees, Sonic, KFC and Wendy's- can anyone think of another common fast food restaurant that I might find on I-95?

Sidenote/rant: I refuse to even look at Church's Chicken, we stopped there a few years ago (our first and last time ever) on our way down to Disney and had the worst fastfood meal of our lives. We actually pulled over on I-95 to dump out our soda since it was so gross. It tasted like melted cherry lollipops and not in a good way and their popcorn chicken tasted like fried wads of plastic :confused:, you couldn't even chew through them.

Anywho, here's a small portion of the points values for some fast food items that I found (I calculated the points value for about 50 items- if you want my whole list just ask!... I'm allowed 20 points per day right now

McD's:
SW or Bacon Ranch Salad with grilled chicken (no dressing)= 6pts small fries= 5pts

KFC:
Tender Roast Sandwich without sauce = 6pts
BBQ beans = 2pts
Honey BBQ sandwich =6pts

Hardee's:
Roast Beef & Cheddar = 5pts

Burger King:
4 Crown Shaped Chicken Tenders = 5pts

Arby's:
Chopped Turkey Club salad (no dressing)= 6pts

Tonight I am putting together Ginny's Easter Basket. I've been collecting items for the past month or so to fill it up, so I'm not even sure of everything that I have. Everything has been sitting in bags in the closet so I can't wait to see what's there. I do remember I have TinkerBell eggs and a cute Easter book about Thumper. I'll update with pics before she tears into it on Easter!

i love www.dwlz.com website its great!! I also love being able to eat fast food within reason too! I also gets 20 points a day! i usually save my points for a mcdonalds happy meal every other friday LOL i call it " happymeal Friday" :lmao: I get the happy meal for portion control and its like 12 points! Aww I am sure making ginny's easter basket was a lot of fun i am sure she will love it:)

Gin loved her Easter basket!! I never got a chance to take a picture of the Easter basket before she dove into it but here's a pic from one of the Easter egg hunts we had today in the backyard

24005_1328841152802_1584172280_30765834_7125586_n.jpg

Our first Easter egg hunt was Thursday at a local farm and that included a wagon ride too, Gin had so much fun! We had one this morning at my mom's house for my sister and her two boys who are visiting from Florida. Gin was very gung-ho about collecting eggs and was disappointed when there weren't any more to put in her basket. My mom then re-hid all of the eggs so Gin could keep searching for them. Then this evening DH's family came over and Gin couldn't have cared less about the Easter egg hunt in our back yard with her 3 cousins. We waited to give her the Easter basket until DH got home from work (about 4 o'clock). After going through the basket and playing with a few things she was pretty much done for the evening and got more fun out of playing with her cousin's sunglasses than searching for plastic eggs :goodvibes . I searched everywhere for Elmo and Tinkerbell eggs for this Easter, oh wellm at least my 3 year old neice enjoyed collecting about 30 eggs! Gin's Easter basket included Minnie & Tinkerbell bowls, Mickey & Pooh coloring books, Mickey and Minnie forks and spoons, 2 board books about Easter, 1 book about Thumper and my sister-in-law gave Gin a chocolate teddy bear from their weekend trip to Hershey, PA. Her favorite thing was the teddy bear, but Gin did make sure to put both bowls and all of the utensils on her high chair tray for Easter dinner - she is such a cutie :cutie:

And the dress in the pic is one I got from the super cheap baby clothing sale a few weeks back- I LOVE IT!!

happy easter:) Ginny look adorable in her little easter dress:) That is so cute with the easter egg hunt that that eggs had to get hid again so she could look for me:) that is too cute:) She looks like a little princess:) Thats great that she liked her easter basket too:) i remember way back when-- lol-- how exciting it was to get a easter basket :rotfl: I am glad you had a great easter:)

Subbing-- Your little one is precious! We'll be doing Disney with a 2 year old in June too! I love your reasoning- thank goodness for doing Disney pre-child. We definitely take a whole different approach to our park strategizing now :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter