• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Language on the shows getting a little too salty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You get this for free?

I base these types of issues on how we talk at work. It is a professional environment but some things said would make Jes blush. I never laughed at me computer until the Aulani Mothers day rapid fire and hearing the triumvirate making side comments. There are so many podcasts where people spot off figures and stats that bore me.

It is almost too easy to picture the whole group sitting around the thanksgiving dinner table, like my family does, making comments at each other. Then my Mother (in this case Kathy) gets mad because I want more rolls. By the time pie is served we are out of wine and my brothers new boyfriend is too terrified to talk. At the end of the day we all hug and leave with some pie, though part of me still thinks they all live in Pete's house.

I completely lost track of where I was going, and maybe that was my plan. I think that anyone that comes off as bashing the OP is not intentionally doing so, rather defending this family we have come to love.
1. I'm fairly sure no one has actually come off as bashing anyone, period.
2. Trust me on this: not much makes me blush. You could throw your best shot at me, and I guarantee I could hit back with something worse. :) my skin is far from thin, if only others were the same.

I doubt that.
^^ what he said

I wouldn't get offended by this. Sometimes it helps to read a poster's past comments or see where they are from, how long they've been members, what they've said about other things, etc. in order to understand their perspective.
for the record: that ^^ didn't happen :rolleyes2o_O

1. I'm fairly sure no one has actually come off as bashing anyone, period.
2. Trust me on this: not much makes me blush. You could throw your best shot at me, and I guarantee I could hit back with something worse. :) my skin is far from thin, if only others were the same.

^^ what he said
I will find a way to send you an example.

Love the salty talk. As a listener from almost the beginning, there has always been double entendre and salty talk. I'm sure it would go over any kid's head and I think it keeps things funny on the show. I have never found a comment to be downright crude so no worries.

Love the salty talk. As a listener from almost the beginning, there has always been double entendre and salty talk. I'm sure it would go over any kid's head and I think it keeps things funny on the show. I have never found a comment to be downright crude so no worries.

I think we'll know we have a real issue when someone with the handle "Stacy's a freak" thinks the line has been crossed.

I think its important to remember that they do these shows live, so the things they are saying are off the cuff at times. There's no script. Something said may strike them funny or come out the wrong way, etc. If these shows were scripted and that stuff was written in, maybe it would be different. But I like that their personalities can come out and they can be playful with it.

Theresa: Look at the one coming on stage, poor thing looks uneven

Jacke: I think she's great - so unique!

JL: The rest rooms are, let's just say not clean, so this place gets the frowny spatula
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

You reminded me - I still MISS the Rastafarian spatulas! They NEED to be FOUND before the anniversary live show!! :)

As another listener from almost the beginning (started to listen after the original radio hosts were gone), I agree! In fact, there use to be less "salty" talk when the show was not live. I can remember discussions of how Pete had to edit a lot of things out of the (at the time) audio podcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter