Laniwai Spa and Executive Lanai Questions

counselormom

Mouseketeer
I haven’t been to Aulani since 2012 so I know much has changed in the last ten years, plus all of the Covid related changes. I have a couple of questions about the spa and executive lanai:

I noticed in some of the reviews that time in the Kula Wai in Laniwai was limited to one hour and had to be pre booked with the treatment. Was this changed pre or post Covid?
Does anyone know if the hour rule is still in effect? I’m really hoping not, the spa is at the top of my, “reasons to book again at Aulani” list and that might be a dealbreaker.

Also, after reading about the pool chair struggles I went ahead and booked the executive lanai for our resort days. When my kids were little getting up early for chairs, standing in line for daily pool towels and wristbands didn’t seem so bad since there wasn’t much sleeping and lounging anyway!😅 But now that we are all older, I’m afraid I’m much less tolerant of such things. Will the lanai booking come with towels and wristbands? If not, has anyone been able to get wristbands for their whole stay? I thought I had read on here someone had been able to to that, but now I can’t find it.

Any other things I should be aware of that have changed at Aulani in the last decade?

Thanks, I’m so appreciative of these boards and all of the great advice!

I haven’t been to Aulani since 2012 so I know much has changed in the last ten years, plus all of the Covid related changes. I have a couple of questions about the spa and executive lanai:

I noticed in some of the reviews that time in the Kula Wai in Laniwai was limited to one hour and had to be pre booked with the treatment. Was this changed pre or post Covid?
Does anyone know if the hour rule is still in effect? I’m really hoping not, the spa is at the top of my, “reasons to book again at Aulani” list and that might be a dealbreaker.

Also, after reading about the pool chair struggles I went ahead and booked the executive lanai for our resort days. When my kids were little getting up early for chairs, standing in line for daily pool towels and wristbands didn’t seem so bad since there wasn’t much sleeping and lounging anyway!😅 But now that we are all older, I’m afraid I’m much less tolerant of such things. Will the lanai booking come with towels and wristbands? If not, has anyone been able to get wristbands for their whole stay? I thought I had read on here someone had been able to to that, but now I can’t find it.

Any other things I should be aware of that have changed at Aulani in the last decade?

Thanks, I’m so appreciative of these boards and all of the great advice!
IMO the biggest changes since 2012 are that quick service food at Aulani is a lot more expensive then when they originally opened ($10 for chicken tenders vs $17 now) and the resort is a lot more popular now and thus more crowded. There’s also no adult pool now, but I don’t remember that they had one in 2012. I‘ve been to Aulani a couple of times since 2012 and have noticed incremental changes each time. I was there last December and noticed that Ulu Cafe and the on site “grocery store” were not stocking as many things as they had previously. I wound up going to the ABC Store across the street for breakfast items and food because it was a much better value.

If you haven’t already, you may want to call the spa to confirm their current policies. I have a spa appointment next week when I’m there and was reminded to come in an hour early to take advantage of the hydrotherapy garden, sauna, etc. When I visited in the past, I remember that we were only allowed to come in one hour before our service to use the facilities.

I hope you still find Aulani as magical a place as it was back then. However, pack your patience if you’re coming during the busy season. You’ll need it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter