Las Vegas Shooting

Many of these lone wolf attacks here and around the world have been as a result of people following ISIS - so why are people so hesitant to explore that possibility?
I don't think anyone is hesitant to explore the possibility. They are simply hesitant to shout it from the rooftops as the gospel truth ... as I saw when my FB page exploded with the news that DASH declared responsibility.

You are just spreading gossip and conspiracy theories. Yeah nothing anyone says here will change the investigation but spreading gossip and conspiracy can have a very negative influence on what the public knows and understands. It can negatively impact people involved in the situation.
To a certain point it's really distasteful. It's coming of like you are enjoying all your digging, gossiping and theorizing.
It didn’t ocur to me until this morning reading some FB posts why people are so quick to blame her for what happened.

I don't think anyone is hesitant to explore the possibility. They are simply hesitant to shout it from the rooftops as the gospel truth ... as I saw when my FB page exploded with the news that DASH declared responsibility.

I am certainly not claiming that it's the truth but I don't think we should be quick to shut down the possibility, and many in this thread are quick to hush the idea. Just like they were when I mentioned the girlfriend knowing more than she is saying....

Well, even though I commented on the girlfriend thing, I did not say she was completely innocent. I think immediately jumping to her having ISIS ties because she is Filipino (which has been done) is jumping to conclusions.

I agree. My gut instinct is no ISIS ties and I'm skeptical of the girlfriend being involved. That's hardly a definitive determination of anything, merely speculation -- and from an absolute distance at that.

I'm curious about his mother, not in regards to knowledge of plan or involvement, but I'd like to know what type of personality she has been over her lifetime. I'm curious if she overlooked her husband's criminal activities and psychopathic tendencies and kept having children with him, or whether she was merely caught in the circumstances of women in her generation. It sounds like another son has quite a criminal background. At this point it seems as if the brother speaking to the media is unraveling, but I don't know how much to read into that. How hard would it be to deal with the knowledge that your previously upstanding and very successful sibling has gone so far beyond the bounds of civilized behavior -- and deal with it in the white hot media spotlight?

Someone who's been law abiding, successful and of substantial means with a reclusive personality isn't inherently worthy of suspicion -- and may be forever, and frustratingly, beyond anyone's ability to understand in this situation.

He was wealthy but he was a loner, kept to himself. Wealth does not equal happiness or connection to people.
Oh please, the man was not Ted Kazinsky in a cabin. You do not know him personally i presume? He was obviously relatively successful at being integrated into society, was employed etc. Had good jobs, had failed marriages, girlfriends. Not on any FBI watch lists, not on anyone's radar... THAT is what makes him so scary. Everyone will feel so much more comfortable once we have a label to slap on him, so we can know where to direct our anger at this horrific event.

IDK, just as likely since psychopathy runs in the family... that he snapped after several days without sleep, abusing alcohol and drugs... and finally slid into total insanity.

Thank you for your post. It's important to discuss these things. I'm making these posts on this board bc I always shy away from speaking my opinions about guns in conversations and I want that to change. So I'm using this as a first step type of thing- building up my courage if you will. I think this thread has had a lot of good posts and thoughts on all sides, which is exactly what we need.
I suggest looking at posts #520 and #545 in this thread.

Oh please, the man was not Ted Kazinsky in a cabin. You do not know him personally i presume? He was obviously relatively successful at being integrated into society, was employed etc. Had good jobs, had failed marriages, girlfriends. Not on any FBI watch lists, not on anyone's radar... THAT is what makes him so scary. Everyone will feel so much more comfortable once we have a label to slap on him, so we can know where to direct our anger at this horrific event.

IDK, just as likely since psychopathy runs in the family... that he snapped after several days without sleep, abusing alcohol and drugs... and finally slid into total insanity.

I'm not saying that psychopathy is out of the realm of possibilities either. And I would agree that I do want a REASON why he did this, no matter what it turns out to be. I don't want to believe that a seemingly "normal, regular guy" could do something this horrible. He obviously didn't just snap though because he was planning this for awhile.

ETA: And perhaps when we find out the reason then we can have further conversations about how to try to prevent this again.

People are not that interested in discussing this theory because maybe it does not make a lot of sense. Why would a very wealthy older white male with a penchant for big stakes gambling become radicalized by ISIS?

Usually radicalization follows disenfranchised youth, this man does not fit the profile.

Killing 59 people and wounding over 500 also doesn't make sense. ISIS did take responsibility and even if it is a dead end, shouldn't it be investigated? I have heard Antifa being thrown in by News stations, there are all sorts of people and ages in Antifa. Shouldn't that be investigated? I think you can be radicalized in any age.

Has anyone read about shots being fired at other hotels down the strip? This woman has video of people being locked down in the Bellagio due to fire through the lobby.

I am certainly not claiming that it's the truth but I don't think we should be quick to shut down the possibility, and many in this thread are quick to hush the idea. Just like they were when I mentioned the girlfriend knowing more than she is saying....
So, disagreeing with you is "hushing the idea"? That's a new one.

But you can still buy it.
When most people talk about gun control they do not mean they want all guns banned. They want more restrictions. They don't want people to be able to stockpile guns and bullets and think that certain weapons shouldn't be available to the average person.

The federal government had no problem restricting Americans decongestant purchases but says it's not fair to limit people's gun purchases.

Posting facts as given by law enforcement to debunk whatever the latest conspiracy theory is is not hushing the idea.

Kidnapping citizens of foreign countries tends to be frowned upon.

Really? I don't recall seeing anyone frowning when the Israelis snatched Adolf Eichmann in Argentina back in 1960 and shipped him back to Jerusalem to stand trial.

And in 1992 the Supreme Court ruled that the United States can kidnap a criminal suspect from a foreign country, over that country's objection and without following the procedures set out in an extradition treaty, to put the suspect on trial in a Federal court.

That 6-to-3 decision reinstated a Federal case against a Mexican gynecologist who had been kidnapped and brought to the U.S. accused of taking part in the torture and murder of an American narcotics agent outside Guadalajara in 1985.

Has anyone read about shots being fired at other hotels down the strip? This woman has video of people being locked down in the Bellagio due to fire through the lobby.

There was a lot of confusion in the beginning and people thought there was gunfire coming from more than one location. That was found out not to be true. Of course now conspiracy theorists are posting it all over the internet.

Really? I don't recall seeing anyone frowning when the Israelis snatched Adolf Eichmann in Argentina back in 1960 and shipped him back to Jerusalem to stand trial.

And in 1992 the Supreme Court ruled that the United States can kidnap a criminal suspect from a foreign country, over that country's objection and without following the procedures set out in an extradition treaty, to put the suspect on trial in a Federal court.

That 6-to-3 decision reinstated a Federal case against a Mexican gynecologist who had been kidnapped and brought to the U.S. accused of taking part in the torture and murder of an American narcotics agent outside Guadalajara in 1985.
Since she isn't a criminal suspect, nor under arrest for any crime, your point is moot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter