Last Day/Late Flight/Bus to Disney Springs/Daytime

apxstitch

Mouseketeer
I'd like to plan my last day relaxing at Disney Springs, do the buses run during the day from the All Star Resorts to Disney Springs? How long should I give the journey each way? I don't want to miss the Magical Express back to the Airport, is 2 hours enough time to take the bus back to the All Star Resorts?

I'd like to plan my last day relaxing at Disney Springs, do the buses run during the day from the All Star Resorts to Disney Springs? How long should I give the journey each way? I don't want to miss the Magical Express back to the Airport, is 2 hours enough time to take the bus back to the All Star Resorts?
It depends on traffic and how long you end up waiting for the bus to arrive either at the hotel and at DS.
The All Stars are relatively far from Disney Springs; I'd allow for at least 30 minutes on the bus each way, plus 20 minutes of wait time for the bus.

So 60-75 minutes sounds like a good compromise. Twio things to remember: you should be ready and waiting 15 minutes before your scheduled time; and that time is when the DME bus is expected to leave your resort.

Yes, 2 hours before your DME scheduled departure would be a good time to be at the DS bus stop for return to your resort. You'll likely arrive at the resort an hour before your departure time, but things can go wrong, and it's best not to risk the hassle of missing your DME unless you're willing to spring for an Uber or taxi to the airport as Plan B.

Shoot to be back at your resort an hour in advance of your Magical Express bus back to the airport. A little more if you need to get bags back from the bellhop, or other known miscellaneous tasks.

Although I have not traveled the route recently, there are various trip reports mentioning service to Disney Springs being worse than service to the theme parks. So 30 minutes wait instead of 20, together with the 30 minutes travel time to the All Stars seems more like it than the times mentioned previously. Plus the planned arrival an hour in advance of your DME bus brings the total to 2 hours when you need to be at the DS platform.

Last edited:
Thirty minutes to go maybe six miles, on what is effectively limited access highways? I'm not saying not to allow at least an hour, but 20 miles an hour?
The All Star resorts often share a bus to/from Disney Springs, and the load/unload process at each resort can be quite time consuming, especially if there is an ECV to load or unload.

I think the All Stars only share buses when usage is slow. Normally, each All Star has its own bus.
I've seen them share at very, very busy times, including post-dinner returning from Disney Springs; granted, I have not stayed at the All Stars since 2013, so I'm not sure whether or not that's still the case.

Thanks everyone for your feedback :) The last day is my only relaxed unplanned day of my trip. Just want to make sure I have enough time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter