Last day of your trip.

lovethesun12

DIS Veteran
Just curious: What is your typical itinerary on the last day of your trip? Parks? Relax? Resort? Special Restaurants/events?

ETA: The last park day, not necessarily departure day =)

Last edited:
It all depends on what time we're leaving. This time the flight is very late, so we're doing the bon voyage breakfast and hitting EPCOT for awhile.

I tend to end the trip with a day at the Magic Kingdom but plans can change. I usually start all my trips at the Magic Kingdom too and then the 2nd day at Magic Kingdom is a more laid back type of day.

RD park in the morning - kids pick the park. (The other days are planned out well in advance.) They can also choose extra pool time if they'd rather.
Nap/rest in early afternoon
Dinner in/near the Magic Kingdom
Tour MK a bit if there's time
Watch HEA
Get kids to bed and pack as much as possible!

Well, actually I guess that's the second to last day. The last day is just pack the rest, get ready, go to airport for a late morning/early afternoon flight home. Though we're squeezing in a breakfast at Boma this time. (So excited to stay at AKL!)

Our last day is spent packing up in the morning, afternoon at either Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon, dinner at the resort, and an early evening Magical Express pick up.

Last day is pack and head to the airport. Last time we were able to snag a later flight so we added a late breakfast at Chef Mickey's and that was fun - got to watch the monorail and kids said goodbye to Mickey. Not going to lie, there were some tears!! But it was low- key and relaxing and fun. Added bonus - we were full so we didn't have to deal with trying to eat a meal at the airport. :)
Planning to do that again this time!

Our last trip we had a post-9pm flight so we had a relaxing morning, packed up, left our luggage with guest services and hit Epcot for a few hours...then back to resort for a quick swim, one last treat, and pick up for the airport around 6. We left it open though, and didn't add the extra day until the day before when we were sure we were up for one more park.
The trip before that we just did a morning of swimming and lunch at the resort, as our pick-up was noontime.

RD park in the morning - kids pick the park. (The other days are planned out well in advance.) They can also choose extra pool time if they'd rather.
Nap/rest in early afternoon
Dinner in/near the Magic Kingdom
Tour MK a bit if there's time
Watch HEA
Get kids to bed and pack as much as possible!

Well, actually I guess that's the second to last day. The last day is just pack the rest, get ready, go to airport for a late morning/early afternoon flight home. Though we're squeezing in a breakfast at Boma this time. (So excited to stay at AKL!)
Our flight is usually early the next morning too so I meant the final "real" day :) We stayed at AKL last Easter and it was so awesome! The food at Boma and Sanaa was excellent!

Sometimes our flight is early so we do nothing fun (just all sad that we have to leave).

Otherwise we hit a park again like a bonus day. For example - AK at rope drop, lunch then to the airport.

We just left on Friday. We had an 8pm flight so we went to Magic Kingdom until about 3. We did rides in the morning then a later lunch at BOG. We went back to CBR to do some last minute shopping in the gift shop and use our last as credits for a grab and go meal to eat at the airport. I like to start and end at MK.

Our last full day in Orlando is generally about one last visit to our favorites - which for us means Animal Kingdom in the morning, back to the resort for swim and relaxation/lunch mid-day (when it's hottest), then back to MK later afternoon into the evening (and we skip a fancy meal and just snack on favorites at MK). We always have early morning flights home (easiest time of day for us to get a direct flight), so the next morning it's wake up super early, throw on some clothes (usually what we flew down wearing) and head to the airport.

Spend morning putting last few things in luggage, early breakfast at resort and on DME by 10-11am.

Always do MK last day and eat at The Plaza restaurant

This is when we fly of course, usually catch a PM flight

When we drive we are on the road by 8 am at the latest so no park for that day

we always try to get a late flight back home around 8 or 9pm. We do a TS breakfast either in MK or close to MK and spend our last day in the park. Ride our favorites, spend some $$$ and the rest of our credits if I have any and then head back to the resort for the Magic Express back to the airport.

We tried doing a park once but we were too dressed about getting back to the resort on time for Magically express so it wasn’t great. Last trip we just did pool time. This time around our flight home leaves at 6am so ME will be picking up at 3.

We do MK rope drop with our FastPasses a bit earlier than normal. Lunch at CHH. Walk back over to BLT with about 3 hours before our flight. Uber to the airport. Start planning the next trip at the gate!

We always book an early morning flight home. Our last day/night is usually spent seeing anything we want to see again, buying some last minute souvenirs, relaxing with some wine and a light dinner and mostly being kind of sad. :( But excited to get home to kitties! :)

We would traditionally eat breakfast at Kona, then go to the beach and take a picture with the Contemporary in the distance. We have pictures of the DDs growing up with the same background. Now with the villas on the lagoon, the picture is no longer the same but Kona Cafe is still the routine but now for the grandkids!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter