Last time you rode a horse

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
When I was 16, a buddy and me went to Philly for a baseball allstar game. They had some big park in the middle of the city where you could ride horse with a guide, I remember it being fun

Last time was 2011, last time before that was roughly 2002, the horse I was riding started to buck and was heading for a mesquite tree, so I voluntarily exited the saddle.....

2010 in Jamaica. Horse excursion included riding them in the ocean. They take the saddles off and just put a rope around their neck and when they get in the water neck deep they just want to RUN and you hang on for your life! It was awesome.

I think March of last year. I had been leasing a horse and riding weekly for over a year but I had to stop to save money for a move. Hoping to get back into riding soon :)

I was about 14 or 15 so many moons ago. I was on it and it turned its head to scratch and my leg ended up in its mouth. I haven't been on or near a horse since.

When I was in middle school back in the early 70's I would ride every weekend. I loved it. Fast forward to 2015 and we were invited by friends to their Basalt, Colorado ranch for a week. Of course they had horses so we rode for a few hours up into the mountain. Let's just say I should have been in better shape....certainly not as flexible as way back when!! Still had a great time.

532.JPG

The ranch was magnificent....so sad they sold it!!! We spent a week here and it was heaven. If you are interested you can check out the ranch at the link below.

MJ

I had an acquaintance who had major surgery and needed help with her two horses a few years ago, so that was my last time on horseback. I had a horse growing up and still miss being around them. I couldn't stand being around the acquaintance when she was around her horses; she follows one of those odd horse body language training techniques religiously and I think she takes it a bit too far.

Yesterday, I ride 3 or 4 times a week and am showing two horses this summer, one Western Pleasure and one Mountain Trail. I've done the trail ride at Disney and it was a lot of fun as well, I did it in 2010.

The last time I was around 22 - my dad and I paid to ride on the beach. I don't have very good luck with horses - every time I've ridden something's gone wrong (granted, I'm sure a lot of that fault is mine for being inexperienced). I was seriously injured as a kid, and I guess I rode again when I was 22 just to conquer my fears. Everyone else's horses followed the leader and mine threw a hissy fit half way through and refused to move. I gave up on horses after that.

I don't believe that I've ever ridden on a horse. I've ridden on a camel and once on a mule, but never a horse. My kid has been on a pony ride at a county fair, but not myself.

Speaking of horses, I saw a bunch at the Warriors championship parade last Thursday. The brought in the Budweiser Clydesdales. No samples though. The California Highway Patrol had their mounted patrol on the parade route. They're normally working in Sacramento patrolling state property. I remember they had some huge horses too. One looked like a Clydesdale and another was a Shire. It was really strange seeing someone riding a draft horse though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter