Last time you rode a horse

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by low-key, Jun 18, 2017.

1. low-key

low-key DIS Veteran

When I was 16, a buddy and me went to Philly for a baseball allstar game. They had some big park in the middle of the city where you could ride horse with a guide, I remember it being fun

2. Jdbsfw

Jdbsfw Mouseketeer

Last time was 2011, last time before that was roughly 2002, the horse I was riding started to buck and was heading for a mesquite tree, so I voluntarily exited the saddle.....

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. disneychrista

disneychrista DIS Veteran

2002 at WDW.

5. Meriweather

Meriweather Being a Nana is my superpower

I was about 10....visiting family in WY and rode in a parade to a rodeo

6. E&Cmom

E&Cmom DIS Veteran

In Puerto Vallerta on a cruise shore excursion in 2000.

7. Squirlz

Squirlz DIS Veteran

2010 in Jamaica. Horse excursion included riding them in the ocean. They take the saddles off and just put a rope around their neck and when they get in the water neck deep they just want to RUN and you hang on for your life! It was awesome.

low-key likes this.
  8. Disneylover99

Disneylover99 DIS Veteran

About 25 years ago.
    The saddle was loose and I slid sideways into a bunch of bushes.

Micca and low-key like this.
  9. BrinkofSunshine

BrinkofSunshine DIS Veteran

I think March of last year. I had been leasing a horse and riding weekly for over a year but I had to stop to save money for a move. Hoping to get back into riding soon :)

10. kimblebee

kimblebee now my thoughts will be worth 5 cents

I was about 14 or 15 so many moons ago. I was on it and it turned its head to scratch and my leg ended up in its mouth. I haven't been on or near a horse since.

11. Disney Freak Numero Uno

Disney Freak Numero Uno Mouseketeer

This morning. I ride my leased horse every sat and sun.

Kogo Shuko and BrinkofSunshine like this.
  12. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

When I was in middle school back in the early 70's I would ride every weekend. I loved it. Fast forward to 2015 and we were invited by friends to their Basalt, Colorado ranch for a week. Of course they had horses so we rode for a few hours up into the mountain. Let's just say I should have been in better shape....certainly not as flexible as way back when!! Still had a great time.

532.JPG

The ranch was magnificent....so sad they sold it!!! We spent a week here and it was heaven. If you are interested you can check out the ranch at the link below.

MJ

13. OneOftheB's

OneOftheB's Mouseketeer

I had an acquaintance who had major surgery and needed help with her two horses a few years ago, so that was my last time on horseback. I had a horse growing up and still miss being around them. I couldn't stand being around the acquaintance when she was around her horses; she follows one of those odd horse body language training techniques religiously and I think she takes it a bit too far.

14. adisneyaunt

adisneyaunt LTD

St Lucia on the beach.... long ago

15. elphaba91

elphaba91 DIS Veteran

2003 at year 7 camp

16. Eeyore's the Best

Eeyore's the Best Mouseketeer

Yesterday, I ride 3 or 4 times a week and am showing two horses this summer, one Western Pleasure and one Mountain Trail. I've done the trail ride at Disney and it was a lot of fun as well, I did it in 2010.

BrinkofSunshine likes this.
  17. dotfurio

dotfurio DIS Veteran

The last time I was around 22 - my dad and I paid to ride on the beach. I don't have very good luck with horses - every time I've ridden something's gone wrong (granted, I'm sure a lot of that fault is mine for being inexperienced). I was seriously injured as a kid, and I guess I rode again when I was 22 just to conquer my fears. Everyone else's horses followed the leader and mine threw a hissy fit half way through and refused to move. I gave up on horses after that.

18. JessyP

JessyP Earning My Ears

6 weeks ago...

19. holden

holden DIS Veteran

Three days ago at Fort Wilderness!

Pea-n-Me likes this.
  20. bcla

bcla DIS Veteran

I don't believe that I've ever ridden on a horse. I've ridden on a camel and once on a mule, but never a horse. My kid has been on a pony ride at a county fair, but not myself.

Speaking of horses, I saw a bunch at the Warriors championship parade last Thursday. The brought in the Budweiser Clydesdales. No samples though. The California Highway Patrol had their mounted patrol on the parade route. They're normally working in Sacramento patrolling state property. I remember they had some huge horses too. One looked like a Clydesdale and another was a Shire. It was really strange seeing someone riding a draft horse though.

21. xjillianpaige

xjillianpaige mermaid hair don't care.

2010 on the coast of Wales.