Last Trip? It was until we met Food & Wine -- Recap 2/12

Firstly, I want to extend my condolences to Nikki and her family. I will keep her in my thoughts.

Page 10?? :sad2::sad2: Not good.

I'm sorry that some people decided that it was their business to tell you and Mark how to run your lives. Personally, you two are adults and therefore can make your own decisions. :grouphug:

Ooh, nice about the extended AP!! That makes for a nice little bonus! They better keep you happy anyway, considering the fact that this won't be your last trip for a while!! :lmao:

Great departure day Kathy!
You have only got to look at the smiles on both yours and Mark's faces to know that taking this trip was 100% the right decision :-)

Yay for arriving in Disney!! Looks like you had a pretty smooth start to your trip :)

And I think that you guys definitely deserve to still take your trip, a job loss like that is a tough thing to go through!

Kathy, let me give you "my opinion" what you need to do with your money. When someone tells you how you should or shouldn't spend it... Do as you please. :rotfl2:

And can you believe it, you haven't even begun to really get into this TR and you already have 10 pages of responses. :worship::worship::worship:

I don't blame you for keeping the trip, you guys needed that time away. ::yes::

Sounds like a smooth trip down there.

How bad was the parking, construction and crowds at DTD? It was quite the mess in May.

First update and two Starbucks stops already. :rotfl:

I'm out of school this week, so I finally have a little time to DIS. I will check in when I can. I enjoyed seeing all the FB pictures along the way. I hated it when you had to leave warm Florida for the cold north.

I enjoyed the DTD pictures. It's nice to get on Disney property for the first moments, be it a resort, a park, or Downtown Disney. There will be big changes from when I am there again in March as opposed to what it looked like this past summer. It's going to look nice when it's finished, but it was and is a mess now.

Sorry I'm so late...I still have to finish your last report! Not sure if I can keep up, but I'll check in from time to time.

I'm here!!! :yay: Thanks for the link. So sorry for your friend and her grandmother. I usually love when people come to Boston, but not for things like that. Hope there wasn't too much rain on your trip! Can't wait to keep reading along!:beach:

It is definitely a much needed trip for you and Mark. I wouldn't think twice about it. Only you know if you can swing it or not! :thumbsup2

I caught your comment about Starbucks. I'm shocked. Really. But I guess we'll see how many times you actually went by the time this thing is all said and done! :lmao:

I'm impressed that Disney extended your APs by a month. May or may not make up for the issues on past trips, but that is a nice gesture on their part. :thumbsup2

Despite everything, I'm glad ya'll went on your vacation anyways! I know I DEFINITELY shouldn't have gone in August (though that wasn't really apparently until after....I did all the budgetting prior to :teacher: , and then with them putting the replacement bartender in due to me leaving we got cut hours & cut tips and it sucked) BUT it was well needed!!

Thanks, Katt. Sometimes it really is the best medicine.

Ah! O'hare! We fly through there regularly...okay...maybe like half the time lol!

Wave to me the next time you do. :)

Damn people and being late! I get it if you're rushing from another plane, but at least BE RUSHING then! Also boarding planes....people need to learn how to do that better, it shouldn't take that long! Lol.

Seriously, put your bag in, sit down and buckle up.

How nice of Disney to extend your AP's an extra month! That's awesome!!

They really went above and beyond.

Ooo! Split stay! Yay!

It was a great split stay.

I'll give credit to my DD Maddie, it made her smile :goodvibes

Nice job, Maddie.

Why do people think you need to cancel a trip just because you don't have a job (see my life update)? Once Mark starts his new job he may not have as many vacation days so you gotta take em when ya can right?! And what better place to clear your head than the Happiest Place(s) on earth?

Absolutely! I promise to get to your life update as soon as I can.

Your travel day sounds like it went super smooth! Cannot ask for better conditions!

It was great!

:dance3: Ms. Kat is doing her TR!!

Yes she is.

I wish I could say I'll keep up, but you know me. :laughing: I'll do my best, I always read, but I don't always get a chance to comment. :rolleyes:

No worries; I've fallen behind everywhere again.

As you know AKL is where Ty and I will be staying for a couple of nights on our next trip, thanks to you. :goodvibes
I keep hemming and hawing back and forth about wanting to do a savannah view, but it really comes down to money. As much as I would love to sit there the first two days and watch those animals, I think we'll just have to do a pool view and go find them instead. It will still be amazing to be there. :thumbsup2

If you can save the extra, the savannah is so much fun.

I'm sorry people gave y'all a hard time about going on your trip. Sometimes people mean well but don't realize how offensive they come off. I'm sure I've been guilty of it a few times. :rolleyes:
Either way, I think this trip is exactly what you two needed, in times like this you have to get away from it all if you can and you two were blessed enough to do just that, God knew what you two needed even before you did. He's good that way. ;)

Thanks, Camille. Trust me, these were not people who meant well. But it didn't stop us.

Can't wait to hear more about your trip!! :cheer2:

Thanks; hope to get an update done soon.

I would never say to cancel the trip. After something like that, you would need the time to yourselves to re-coup. I'm totally with you on going.

Thanks, Danielle.

Oh you pre-check people!

It's great! I gather you've not gotten it.

Yay for arriving! We actually go to DTD often to get the pass thing out of the way too. It's a much less busy Guest Relations than at the parks.

We've been hit or miss with the lines at GR at DTD, but were very lucky this time.

You two are so cute! :lovestruc

Awww....thanks Billie.

I catch flack from my family for my Disney trips. I live on a shoestring budget and have to really scrimp and save to make them happen. They love to tell my how I'm wasting what little money I have on Disney World, when I could be putting those funds to better use. But my bills are paid, and my essentials for life are purchased. People, especially family but even some friends, always think they have a right to speak up about your choices. :sad2: But only YOU know what's best for you, and what will make you happiest in your heart. I'm so glad you didn't let them discourage you from taking this trip! You and Mark so obviously not only needed to go, but you deserved it! :hug:

I figured as long as we weren't losing our house and our bills were paid, we were fine.

Can't wait to read more! :hyper:

Thanks.

We've gotten the TSA pre-check a few times and it has always been for both of us. It is very nice not to have to take off shoes, etc. We always fly out of Midway, since it is so close to us.

Isn't it great?!?! We obviously live closer to O'Hare; we will go out of Midway when we get a great deal.

What leagues do Mark ump for? It is nice he was able to ump this summer to bring in some cash and keep busy. :)

He umps for Fox Valley Blues and another group. He travels all over--North, South, East and West in Illinois and goes to Milwaukee too.

I'm here!! A little late to the party...but here!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Julie glad to have you here.

I'm here! :cool1:

:wave2: Katie. I'm so happy you are here.

Great start so far - looks like a pretty easy arrival day!

It was and I was so glad.

I'm glad Disney extended your APs for a month, that was very good.

It was VERY nice of them.

I'm also glad you went on this trip. It seems a shame not to go, since it was pretty much all paid for. I loved following along on FB, looks like you had a great time!

We did have a great time and I can't wait to recall it all.

You and Mark look so happy in each of those photos - there is no way you could have cancelled this trip! So happy that you guys made it.

Thanks, Sarah. Absolutely no way I was cancelling it unless I had to live on the streets.

I'm so excited to read all about this long vacation. I'm so glad you both decided to take the trip, the smiles on your faces make it obvious it was the right decision!

Thanks, Lauren. It definitely was the right decision.

The pictures of you and Mark waiting for the limo are adorable. :goodvibes

Awww....thanks.

I LOVE your Dumbo bag!

Thanks; a DISer made that for me.

The TSA Pre-check is GREAT, we got it on our way to Disney too!

It's awesome...love it.

That's great that Disney was able to extend your Annual Passes a month. I need to look into this as it seems a lot of people who go once or twice a year get annual passes.

It was very nice of them. It is well worth getting an AP if you go more than once ayear.

Can't wait to see more pictures of your first resort because it's where I want to stay next!!! Also can't wait to hear about how you liked doing a split-stay!

I hope to get them up on Friday.

Now page 10? possibly 11.. This is what i get for NOT posting during weekends... :rotfl2:

You have three kids who are very active...hard to be everywhere, friend.

Whatever.. I still got to MEET YOU! :hyper:

Yes you did and so very happy about it.

people... like they need to tell you anything. It's YOUR money. you do as you damn well please with it. no one else's opinions matter..

Yep; as I often tell my kids, I'm going to spend it and enjoy it...they are on their own.

I hope all is well with Nikki and Todd and will be in my prayers.

Thank you!

Nice car!!

It was a nice ride, but it made a lot of noises. :eek:

OK off to go to Tim's report. Well for one you told me too.. @nd the two of you crack me up like nothing else and can't wait to hear the 'other side' of the story!

You will love his family.

popcorn::

I hope you enjoy it.

Don't ya just love how people like to give out unwanted advise? I would have gone on the trip too. Like you said, it was almost completely paid for anyway. After all that you two have been through, you deserved a nice long trip away from home.

I know you've been there. Thanks, Lisa.

Every single picture of you two have you both smiling from ear to ear. That's just what the doctor prescribed. :thumbsup2

Mark was so happy it warmed my heart.

Firstly, I want to extend my condolences to Nikki and her family. I will keep her in my thoughts.

Thanks, Sheresa.

Page 10?? :sad2::sad2: Not good.

No worries...we're not that far.

I'm sorry that some people decided that it was their business to tell you and Mark how to run your lives. Personally, you two are adults and therefore can make your own decisions. :grouphug:

I tend to ignore people who butt into my business unless I ask them. Thank you!

Ooh, nice about the extended AP!! That makes for a nice little bonus! They better keep you happy anyway, considering the fact that this won't be your last trip for a while!! :lmao:

It was very nice of them. And, yes, F&W probably changed our mind.

Great departure day Kathy!
You have only got to look at the smiles on both yours and Mark's faces to know that taking this trip was 100% the right decision :-)

Thanks, Linda, that means a lot.

Yay for arriving in Disney!! Looks like you had a pretty smooth start to your trip :)

Krysten, it was a great start.

And I think that you guys definitely deserve to still take your trip, a job loss like that is a tough thing to go through!

Thanks; it did Mark a world of good (even if I did run him ragged).

Kathy, let me give you "my opinion" what you need to do with your money. When someone tells you how you should or shouldn't spend it... Do as you please. :rotfl2:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Thanks Bob.

And can you believe it, you haven't even begun to really get into this TR and you already have 10 pages of responses. :worship::worship::worship:

A lot of chit chat is all.

I don't blame you for keeping the trip, you guys needed that time away. ::yes::

Thanks, Ariana.

Sounds like a smooth trip down there.

It was...despite the slow pokes boarding the plane.

How bad was the parking, construction and crowds at DTD? It was quite the mess in May.

We got very lucky with parking both times we went. And the rain kept most of the crowds away, but still tough walking with all those walls.

First update and two Starbucks stops already. :rotfl:

You are the second one to point that out. :lmao:

I'm out of school this week, so I finally have a little time to DIS. I will check in when I can. I enjoyed seeing all the FB pictures along the way. I hated it when you had to leave warm Florida for the cold north.

Caren, I know you will be here when you can. I appreciate that very much. I'm glad you enjoyed the updates; I hated leaving too. It's not too bad this week...60's and upper 50's. But I'm sure it won't last.

I enjoyed the DTD pictures. It's nice to get on Disney property for the first moments, be it a resort, a park, or Downtown Disney. There will be big changes from when I am there again in March as opposed to what it looked like this past summer. It's going to look nice when it's finished, but it was and is a mess now.

I can't wait until their done. All the walls at all the parks are getting depressing.

Sorry I'm so late...I still have to finish your last report! Not sure if I can keep up, but I'll check in from time to time.

Thanks for joining, Glenn.

Hi Kathy!

Great start to the TR! Love how happy you both look. :goodvibes

I think you got one of the best pictures of the WDW entrance signs I have ever seen in a TR! WOW!

Can't wait to read more!!! :woohoo:

Great start! Sorry people gave you such a hard time about going. I'm sure if you felt it wasn't a good idea, you would have cancelled your trip. I think you deserved it!

You guys looked so happy at the airport. Mark looks like a little kid in the picture of him under the terminal sign.

Glad you got your APs taken care of right away.

Can't wait to hear about the best cast member EVER!

I'm here!!! :yay: Thanks for the link. So sorry for your friend and her grandmother. I usually love when people come to Boston, but not for things like that. Hope there wasn't too much rain on your trip! Can't wait to keep reading along!:beach:

Casey, thank you; I'm sure Nicki appreciates that. We had our fair share of rain. :(

It is definitely a much needed trip for you and Mark. I wouldn't think twice about it. Only you know if you can swing it or not! :thumbsup2

Thanks, Andy.

I caught your comment about Starbucks. I'm shocked. Really. But I guess we'll see how many times you actually went by the time this thing is all said and done! :lmao:

Well I've got two DISer's already keeping count.

I'm impressed that Disney extended your APs by a month. May or may not make up for the issues on past trips, but that is a nice gesture on their part. :thumbsup2

It was extremely nice of them.

I'm In! Needing a Disney Fix so reading every report that I can!
:)

:welcome::welcome: Barb; thank you for joining.

Hi Kathy!

:wave2: Roni.

Great start to the TR! Love how happy you both look. :goodvibes

Thank you. :)

I think you got one of the best pictures of the WDW entrance signs I have ever seen in a TR! WOW!

Thanks; I just wish those cars had not been there.

Can't wait to read more!!! :woohoo:

I hope to get an update done by Friday.

Great start! Sorry people gave you such a hard time about going. I'm sure if you felt it wasn't a good idea, you would have cancelled your trip. I think you deserved it!

Thanks, Clare. Trust me, if I felt it would have hurt us, we wouldn't have gone. But 80% was paid for and I knew we were going to be fine.

You guys looked so happy at the airport. Mark looks like a little kid in the picture of him under the terminal sign.

He may be aging, but he will NEVER grow up. :)

Glad you got your APs taken care of right away.

Me too; we wanted to get in our room and were hungry.

Can't wait to hear about the best cast member EVER!

Next update when I get it done.

I knew work would be busy and keep me off the DIS for a bit. Unfortunately, other things have kept me off.

My mom has pneumonia; they hoped to keep her home with antibiotic. Today she was taken to the hospital in an ambulance because she couldn't breathe very well at all. They did a cat scan today and she has Lung cancer in both lungs. She had a small mass for about six months and that one has stayed stable. However, her other lung has a huge mass. They won't know for sure until tomorrow, but it is probably Stage 4.

Alisha goes to Mayo on Friday for her appointments and that has been on my mind nonstop.

And, for those of you who are friends with me on Facebook, you have seen my sharing of "Cocktails and Chemo." This is a friend of Andy's that he played baseball with in high school. Joe has colon cancer for the second time and there is nothing further that they can do. It has spread. They took him to the hospital last night with kidney failure. He is 31 years old and will be leaving a wife and a young daughter under age one. It is just heartbreaking and I've been keeping friends posted on it.

Some good news is that I am going to be a great Aunt hopefully before the night is over. The brother that I'd not talked to in four years, Chuck, is going to be a grandpa. We've talked on the phone several times over the last several months. Although we will never be close, we are at least civil and getting along. Any way, his son (my nephew) and his girlfriend are having a baby girl. She just started pushing.

I do hope to get an update done tomorrow or Friday for sure. And I promise to get caught up on all of your reports as soon as I can.

Just caught up in your report! Condolences to Nicky and her family. That was so great that a Disney extended your passes. I am glad customer service is still alive as it seems to be a thing of the past with big companies. Looking forward to hearing more.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter