Last Trip? It was until we met Food & Wine -- Recap 2/12

Just caught up in your report! Condolences to Nicky and her family. That was so great that a Disney extended your passes. I am glad customer service is still alive as it seems to be a thing of the past with big companies. Looking forward to hearing more.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thanks, Lori. It was very kind of Disney.

I will pass your condolences on to Nicki.

Kathy, I'm so sorry about all the cancer in your life, especially your mom. My heart is breaking for you. Cancer sucks. My parents are both survivors of different types, but it just sucks all around. I will keep your mom and you in my thoughts.

And the friend of Andy's, that's awful. I will also keep his family in my thoughts.

Please keep us updated on Alisha. I hope you can find something out soon.

But congratulations on becoming a Great Aunt! New babies are so wonderful.

Take all the time you need. We aren't going anywhere.

Dear Kathy-

Just want to know that I am thinking of you and all of the people who are dear to you who are going through so much.

Sending blessings to all, and positive wishes for Alisha that she gets answers and relief for the pain she is going through.

Please keep us posted.

:grouphug:

Oh, Kathy! I'm very sorry you are going through so much right now. Your mother and daughter-in-law are in my thoughts and prayers. I certainly hope Alisha gets the answers and help needed.

Congrats on the new great neice!

Oh Kathy I'm so sorry. In fact I'd like to use much stronger language than the DIS allows.

Thinking of you.:goodvibes

I'm really sorry, Kathy. Cancer sucks.

Congrats on being a great-Aunt! Hopefully the baby can bring some joy during this otherwise difficult time.

Sorry for all the bad news. I'll be thinking about you and your family.

I'm glad to hear that there is some minor mending of fences between you and your brother though. A new baby in the family will be a nice distraction from some of the bad.

I'll be back with responses and an update soon. In the meantime, here is a picture of my Great Niece -- Mia Rose with her Grandpa Chuck

:grouphug: to you Kathy. I'm so sorry there is so much sickness and sadness but your new grand-niece is a welcome spot of sunshine.

Hang in there.

Jill in CO

Kathy, my heart breaks with hearing about the news of your mother as well as a couple others you are very close to. I can't think of something more I'd like to see than a cure for cancer. My mother has been battling cancer for four years now; like you, I know how tough it is. :hug:

What an adorable baby! I hope that brought a little sunshine to your day.

I am so sorry to hear about all the cancer. I lost my mom to what was technically ovarian cancer, but by the time it was in her lungs and diaphragm and stomach and everywhere else, probably her brain too but by that point they weren't even bothering to scan. I was 13, and it was 1998.

Luckily, I've heard of similar cases to my mother's since then that doctors hardly bat an eye at. Treatments have been improving by leaps and bounds every year.

I know I'm totally an internet stranger, and one about the same age as your sons no less, but if you ever want to talk to somebody, feel free to PM me. <3 Hug your mom for me. (Gently of course; I'm sure you know her shoulders may hurt.)

Eeep! The boards aren't letting me quick reply or edit my last comment, but I just saw Mia Rose! What a lovely name, and such a beautiful wee one! Congratulations, family!

Kathy, first of all I'm so sorry about your Mom. :hug: I hope that at the very least they can find a way for her to be comfortable and pain free.

My thoughts are still with Alisha and hoping that Mayo can figure out what's wrong and get her better!

That's so very sad about Andy's friend. I just had someone I went to high school with pass from brain cancer and leave behind her daughter who turned one 2 weeks before her death. Cancer is so cruel.

Congratulations on becoming a great aunt! It's good that you and your brother can at least be civil and you can have new additions to your family! :goodvibes Mia Rose is a beautiful name and an adorable baby!

Kathy, I am so very sorry to hear about your mother. I pray that the doctors will give you answers sooner rather than later so that a plan can be made. I know that you are worried about her and Alisha too. You know, it's tough when you hear of someone who is sick but it seems even worse when it's a young person such as your son's friend. On a brighter note, your sweet littel grand niece is adorable!

Keeping you in my prayers my friend! If you need a shoulder to cry on, you know that there are many of us here who will be there for you.

:grouphug:

I hate cancer

I am so sorry for all your loved ones and what they are going through and Alisha has been in my thoughts and prayers that they can figure out what is going on.

I knew work would be busy and keep me off the DIS for a bit. Unfortunately, other things have kept me off.

My mom has pneumonia; they hoped to keep her home with antibiotic. Today she was taken to the hospital in an ambulance because she couldn't breathe very well at all. They did a cat scan today and she has Lung cancer in both lungs. She had a small mass for about six months and that one has stayed stable. However, her other lung has a huge mass. They won't know for sure until tomorrow, but it is probably Stage 4.
I'm so sorry Kathy. I hope it isn't as bad as they initially thought. I will keep your family in our prayers.

Alisha goes to Mayo on Friday for her appointments and that has been on my mind nonstop.
Hopefully they can figure out whats going on.

And, for those of you who are friends with me on Facebook, you have seen my sharing of "Cocktails and Chemo." This is a friend of Andy's that he played baseball with in high school. Joe has colon cancer for the second time and there is nothing further that they can do. It has spread. They took him to the hospital last night with kidney failure. He is 31 years old and will be leaving a wife and a young daughter under age one. It is just heartbreaking and I've been keeping friends posted on it.
I've read some of the blog and it is heartbreaking.

Some good news is that I am going to be a great Aunt hopefully before the night is over. The brother that I'd not talked to in four years, Chuck, is going to be a grandpa. We've talked on the phone several times over the last several months. Although we will never be close, we are at least civil and getting along. Any way, his son (my nephew) and his girlfriend are having a baby girl. She just started pushing.
Congratulations! Now you are a great aunt! :thumbsup2

I do hope to get an update done tomorrow or Friday for sure. And I promise to get caught up on all of your reports as soon as I can.
No worries.. take your time. We aren't going anywhere. :grouphug:

I'll be back with responses and an update soon. In the meantime, here is a picture of my Great Niece -- Mia Rose with her Grandpa Chuck

What a cutie!!! And look she's already a Disney fan!!! (Looks like a hidden Mickey on her forehead) :rotfl2:

I'm sure that was just a mark from birthing and will go away quickly. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter