Last Trip to the World...better make it good! Pre Trip Report!

StirlingSilver83

DIS Veteran
So as you read in the title this will be our last trip to the World for a very long time. We are pretty frequent visitors and HUGE fans of the mouse! But we are planning a HUGE move hopefully by the end of next year into 2016 to live on a farm so we can have our horses in our backyard.

Anyways let me start and introduce the crew again. I am an avid poster on here. Mostly on the restaurant forums. We are big time Disney foodies, lol. This vacation will consist of me of course, my DS8, DS1 1/2, and my hubby. This will be my older sons 4th time to the world and my younger sons second time to the world. His first time he was only 8 months old. Here is a pic of the crew from our last trip to the world! I hope this works...its my first time posting pics to the board!

Our Trip dates are scheduled for April 9 - April 19. We are driving down from NJ. We drove down last time and it surprisingly went well and I would rather drive than fly its less stressful. We are planning on stopping overnight in SC, then driving the rest of the way to Orlando on the 10th. We are actually checking into an offsite hotel for 2 nights about a mile from DTD. I really love DTD but the last time we went there parking was a mess, so I figured if we got there right when they opened in the morning we still have a shot of getting some parking.

Anyways we are scheduled to get into the Orlando area around mid afternoon. This gives us time to get settled into our hotel and rest a bit. Then around 5ish I thought we would head out to Disney's boardwalk. I heard they have great stuff there at night and the arcade is awesome. My older son loves Arcades and its a good place to unwind after the drive. I figured for dinner we could eat at the ESPN Club or the Pizza Window place. Never been to the board walk so if anyone has any other suggestions that would be great!

On the next day, April 11, I am planning on taking the kids to Sea World. We haven't done Sea World in the past 2 trips bc we didn't really have time for it. This trip I decided to make some time bc my little guy loves fish! I can't decide where we want to eat for lunch though. Its between Dine with Shamu or The Sharks Underground place. If anyone has any help on that, that would be great. Which is the better experience? Now I am trying to decide for dinner that day do we just do a local restaurant or do I live daring and get tickets for Medieval Times? I know they don't have high chairs at Medieval Times but do they offer booster seats? My older son loves it there, but we didn't start taking him there til he was like 4 or 5, bc he has ADHD and is on the spectrum and sitting still was not a strong suit for him when he was younger. My younger son on the other hand can sit still, has already been to the movies, will sit through an entire movie, loves horses and loves to see the horses run. So my question is has anyone ever taken an almost 2 year old to medieval times? Did you get a booster seat? Did u still pay for the child ticket? How did it work out for you? TIA!

These are my plans so far! Stay tuned for the rest of my plans for when we get to Disney on the 12th!

Ok, as we did for our previous trip we purchased the Deluxe Dining Plan. It worked out well for us. We like having everything or pretty much everything paid for in advance. We also like getting Apps and Deserts so the Deluxe is the way to go for us. So here's the rest of our dining plans!

April 12th - Today we are checking into our hotel. We are staying at the Contemporary. But like I said in my previous post we are staying off site for a couple of nights so we can get into DTD when they open. We are planning on hitting DTD Marketplace for 10 when they open and do some shopping. Then we have reservations for Rainforest Cafe at 12:00 which we are paying OOP for. After lunch we are going to head to the hotel to check in and get settled...Then off to Magic Kingdom for Dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table at 5:45. We also have tickets for the Wishes Dessert Party for me and my older son. I am also hoping to squeeze in some fast passes between dinner and the wishes party.

**From here on out going to make this short and sweet, LOL**

April 13th
Breakfast - Wave's of American Flavors - The Contemporary - 7:30 AM
Lunch - Coral Reef - Epcot - 12:00 PM
Dinner - Garden Grill - Epcot - 5:55 PM

April 14th
Breakfast - The Crystal Palace - Magic Kingdom - 8:00 AM
Lunch - Liberty Tree Tavern - Magic Kingdom - 12:00 PM
Dinner - 1900 Park Fare - The Grand Floridian - 6:00 PM

April 15th
Breakfast - Hollywood & Vine - Hollywood Studios - 8:00AM
Lunch - Sci Fi Dine In Theatre - Hollywood Studios - 12:10 PM
Dinner - Beaches & Cream - Yacht Club Resort - 6:00 PM

April 16th
Breakfast - Akershus Royal Banquet Hall - Epcot - 8:00 AM
Lunch - Tutto Italian Ristorante - Epcot - 12:00 PM
Dinner - Whispering Canyon Cafe - Wilderness Lodge - 6:25 PM

April 17th
Breakfast - Chef Mickeys - The Contemporary - 7:15 AM
Lunch - Grand Floridian Cafe - The Grand Floridian - 11:45 AM
Dinner - Be Our Guest - Magic Kingdom - 6:10 PM

April 18th
Breakfast - 1900 Park Fare - Grand Floridian - 8:15 AM

The 18th is our last day in Disney. The beauty of driving down is you can leave when you want to. So we are doing breakfast, then hit the park for a couple of hours in the AM for some fast passes and then start our drive back up the coast. We we will be stopping in SC again on the way up over night. The driving the rest of the distance on the 19th back to NJ.

Now I am just counting my days down til I can book my almighty fast passes! I will keep everyone posted on our fast passes when fast pass time rolls around. I have to say...the planning of the trip has to be my favorite part of the trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter