Late breakfast buffet ADR

married2mm

DIS Veteran
A couple of queries;

we have a reservation at 10.30am at tusker house
What time are the lunch options available?

We have an early lunch reservation at crystal palace .....
I'm thinking of changing this to late breakfast to have the best of both worlds also..
What time are lunch options brought out at cp?

CP lunch starts at 11:30, so before then the close 1/2 of breakfast (the buffet area has (2) mirrored sides meeting at the omlet station) and the. Start up lunch on that former breakfast half.
For a while you can get breakfast and lunch (without the omlet station).

Usually a late breakfast ADR is running late and any 10:30+ ADR would have the opportunity to try both. (But I generally fill up on the wonderful French Toast puffs in the Kids breakfast section and don’t have any room for lunch)

CP lunch starts at 11:30, so before then the close 1/2 of breakfast (the buffet area has (2) mirrored sides meeting at the omlet station) and the. Start up lunch on that former breakfast half.
For a while you can get breakfast and lunch (without the omlet station).

Usually a late breakfast ADR is running late and any 10:30+ ADR would have the opportunity to try both. (But I generally fill up on the wonderful French Toast puffs in the Kids breakfast section and don’t have any room for lunch)

Thanks very much for your reply.
Switched ADR for cp to 10.30am -French toast puffs sound delightful....

Smart move to try and get both. We love Tusker House and always book a late breakfast (1030-1045) so we get to try lunch too and only pay breakfast prices!

Does it get really crowded because the lunch crowd is coming in?

I have never been to CP or Tusker when it wasn't bursting at the seams crowded regardless of the time... does that even exist? My wife always books a late breakfast so she can get some breakfast and lunch... double dip if you will..

Thanks very much for your reply.
Switched ADR for cp to 10.30am -French toast puffs sound delightful....

French toast puffs are delicious, and chef also does made-to-order omelettes and Mickey shaped pancakes (with chocolate chips if you like!). DD14 also discovered the ice cream machine this time due to seeing sprinkles and wondering what they were for (guess she never noticed it in last 5 trips!) and had dessert after brft as well!

I didn't know they do this either. My guess is that they started this within the last 10 years. Last time I had a late (10:40) reservation for breakfast at Tusker House, they left the breakfast buffet up until after I left-no lunch offerings were put out. And when I left, I was one of the last ones out and they locked the door behind me!

I would make the latest TH breakfast ADR you can. We once had the earliest lunch reservation and lunch wasn't even out yet when we were seated.

I had a 10:30 ADR at CP in 2014 (last visit) and my family says that they were told the couldn't have more when they went up for seconds because they were switching to lunch. I don't remember this, as I was in a state of Hundred Acre bliss! Has this ever happened to anyone before. I'd like to make late breakfast ADRs for CP and TH this upcoming trip, but family has requested earlier so history doesn't repeat itself. The problem I have with earlier is I feel it's a waste of prime, uncrowded touring time. Advice would be greatly appreciated!

I have a 10:30am CP reservation booked in August. We prefer breakfast but will take whatever is up at buffet (it's a gamble you take making the latest breakfast ADR). I do think that most people go up for seconds so if we were denied a second trip to the buffet, I would ask to speak to a manager. I think that you should be given an hour to get in/see characters/eat, so if you sit down at 10:30 you shouldn't be told no more food after one trip (it might not be breakfast food though, depending on the time). Also, if you have an ADR for 10:30am you might not be seated on time- as PP mentioned, CP is usually quite busy. We've always been happy with CP- that's why we keep going back. We try for a 10:30am sitting so we get to ride many rides at park open. We have never had any issues here, but we are all adults/teens, so everyone can look after themselves at the buffet-get through pretty quickly. I can see if you have young children who can't look after their own plates that it would take longer at buffets. We also booked latest breakfast ADR's at 1900 Park Fare, Garden Grill and Cape May (but I don't think 1900 or CMay have lunch after).

We had 10:30 reservations at TH last month. They were slow to seat (I've read this is typical there by late breakfast, it seems reasonable to plan on a 10-20 minute wait after you check in) so we didn't get inside until about 10:50. Breakfast was still out but we were told we should hurry if we wanted it, because lunch was coming quickly.

They gradually consolidated the breakfast offerings and put lunch out in its place, so when we went for seconds there were still some breakfast choices available but mostly lunch. If you want a full selection of breakfast choices I would recommend checking in early enough to be seated before 11 (so 10:30-10:40, later than that might be risky?), and you should also have plenty of time to enjoy lunch.

For our group the kids loved the breakfast choices and the adults were really pleased with the variety of lunch options. I was amazed at how many great salads and vegetable dishes were available.

As far as this being new, maybe it varies by restaurant? We did a late breakfast seating at Hollywood and Vine three years ago and were able to have a bit of each meal then, too. They were trying harder to turn tables there so we didn't linger over the lunch options, but they were definitely available. I know a few restaurants do actually "close" between breakfast and lunch, so at those I wouldn't expect to be able to get both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter