Latest Massive Brawl at Disney Between 2 Families

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet, somehow, in 2012 there were this many people, steaming hot weather, long lines and tight spaces and we didn't see brawls and fighting...
What has also changed since 2012 is the increase in the number of people who have video capture in their phones and pervasive social media to post it on.

Not saying things aren't getting worse, just saying that more and more we have easy access to post and see bad behavior.

What has also changed since 2012 is the increase in the number of people who have video capture in their phones and pervasive social media to post it on.

Not saying things aren't getting worse, just saying that more and more we have easy access to post and see bad behavior.
... and don't forget that it allows posters to monetize bad behavior, which is key.

Amen....
Disney has been able to 'hide' any problem or issue. There was a saying that NO ONE HAS EVER DIED AT DISNEY. In reality, Disney just took the body to a hospital to be declared dead there.

There is no hiding anything any more.

The Indian family (I think they were south Asian) were all trespassed and at least two members of the other family in matching white shirts were arrested plus rest trespassed

the story is one of the younger Indian girls forgot her phone outside while her family remained in line. She then cut her way through the line to catch-up.

white shirt family were having none of it and pushed her back

after the ride white shirts were waiting outside and a shoving match began starting with the same girl cutting the Line

i think this story is a bit one sided as I doubt the white shirts would escalate to punches over a line cut so guessing people were mouthing off on both sides acting all thug

either way outcome is both families banned, some now with records and I would expect a couple to lose their jobs over this. What company wants to employ someone who acts like that

disney - where you go to be an knob
If you listen to the audio, racism was also involved.

I’m sorry - but there is absolutely NO EXCUSE for this type of behavior - no matter the heat, long lines, expense, Genie +, or whatever…people need to be held accountable for their actions…not Disney.

Life time bans and immediate expulsion from Disney resorts/property for anything like this with no refunds.

Yep to that. By endangering the crowd around them alone, they all deserve a lifetime ban.

My other concern was how long it took any real security to get there. With the astronomical ticket prices Disney charges, they should have enough security on hand to squash this type of outburst in a minute. Clearly they don’t.

It's really hard to love a post like this but it is so spot on correct.
All points.
Philharmagic? Who have thunk that anyone would fight over getting in to that of all things. Next it will be Carousal of Progress I guess.

And to add in another bullet point, people have stopped caring about each other, or having empathy for others especially strangers. Heck, they have a hard time having it for those they know.
I actually think empathy is the number one thing missing today. Heck just look at these boards and you'll see how people put down anyone that thinks even slightly otherwise to them and this is a Disney message board where most people have something special in common! Absolutely noone puts themselves in the shoes of others and even considers anything from their point of view.

I that's what is the most baffling of all

Personally it has never bothered me at all when someone wanted to go catch up to their party. For sure not just 1 or 2 people. It's not going to impact my wait at all. There's a myriad of reasons why 1 or 2 need to scoot out and back in, especially when you're waiting a while. I simply don't understand why it is an issue. Maybe if 20 folks try to push by to join 1 line holder, then I get a reason to be annoyed but that wasn't the case here at all.

This was clearly a family of entitled jerk holes. More power to Disney for removing them. Don't need their attitudes in the parks any way. Wish they could install jerk detectors along with metal detectors quite honestly. I'd like the keep them out almost as much
Our disneyland trip in May, large groups pushed past on Radiator Springs constantly. One or two people ok. This was either straight up cutting or 1 person holds the line for 10 more. That's super frustrating.

Yep to that. By endangering the crowd around them alone, they all deserve a lifetime ban.

My other concern was how long it took any real security to get there. With the astronomical ticket prices Disney charges, they should have enough security on hand to squash this type of outburst in a minute. Clearly they don’t.

I didn't see this post before I asked about security. 100% spot on. It looked like it only stopped because everyone was so out of shape that they couldn't fight anymore. lol

Amen....
Disney has been able to 'hide' any problem or issue. There was a saying that NO ONE HAS EVER DIED AT DISNEY. In reality, Disney just took the body to a hospital to be declared dead there.

There is no hiding anything any more.

Disney isn't the only one that will do that.

Line catch up, jumping, cutting whatevwr you want to call it should be banned. Its been a huge problem and causes alot of resentment among guests and is always an argument waiting to happen.

Before you get into an hour long line, goto the bathroom first, get your food first, etc etc.

If your child has an issue, leave the line and re enter the line at the back.

Its a common sense thing, and the idea of leaving a line and coming back to where you left off is a bit entitled to me.

I would never dream of doing it.

Should be signs up, saying this is not allowed. Problem solved.

Line catch up, jumping, cutting whatevwr you want to call it should be banned. Its been a huge problem and causes alot of resentment among guests and is always an argument waiting to happen.

Before you get into an hour long line, goto the bathroom first, get your food first, etc etc.

If your child has an issue, leave the line and re enter the line at the back.

Its a common sense thing, and the idea of leaving a line and coming back to where you left off is a bit entitled to me.

I would never dream of doing it.

Should be signs up, saying this is not allowed. Problem solved.
I agree to some extent. Line cutting has been a HUGE issue for a long time and it needs to be cracked down on more. I do have leniency for little kids that have to go to the bathroom and join up with the families again. When kids have to go, they gotta go. No fault in that. When it's a party of 6+ joining the one person in their party on line, then it becomes a problem.

I remember when I went to Tokyo Disneysea, I was on line for Indiana Jones and I actually saw a line cutter be removed from the line by a Cast Member. Made me wish the US Disney parks would do the same.

I agree to some extent. Line cutting has been a HUGE issue for a long time and it needs to be cracked down on more. I do have leniency for little kids that have to go to the bathroom and join up with the families again. When kids have to go, they gotta go. No fault in that. When it's a party of 6+ joining the one person in their party on line, then it becomes a problem.

I remember when I went to Tokyo Disneysea, I was on line for Indiana Jones and I actually saw a line cutter be removed from the line by a Cast Member. Made me wish the US Disney parks would do the same.
The problem is , you cannot have half a policy. Its all or none. Its either deal with the groups of 4-8 cutting line to game the system (which was becoming a huge issue in WDW) and is obviously leading to issues, or do not.

It will be unfortunate for the little kids. My thinking is they could do a card like pass, you could ask for from a CM, that would allow 2 people to leave the line and return after a short time to rejoin your party

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter