Laughing Stock Co. question

Brina78

Mouseketeer
Hello!
There was a topic about this subject a few months ago, but I'm afraid it's too many pages back to find! I remember someone being an expert on the Laughing Stock Co. show and mentioning a new actor for the Mayor. When I saw the show in July, he was wearing a top hat and dressed, well, like a mayor! I even have a picture of him. But, with the past few times my sister and I just went, the Mayor wore a different hat and another style of clothing. Do the actors provide their own costumes, or was the character of the Mayor recreated to fit the new actor? Thanks!

Since it's a 7 day a week show, obviously they can't have the same actors in the show each day. And no, Disney provides the costumes for them, just like all the other CM costumes. Also, some of the actors are able play more than one role in the show. For example, Ken Parks usually either plays the Mayor (wearing a top hat) or Sallie Mae (he makes such a cute ugly woman), but on rare occasions plays Clem. Danny (who plays the mayor wearing a cowboy hat) only plays the mayor. Frank and Mike play either Clem or Sallie Mae. Those are the only actors who I know the names of. Suffice it to say, they're my favorites in the show.

Wow, that's awesome! I kind of figured they switched the actors around because it'd be a lot of strain for one person per character. It's cool the two actors also switch their outfits. Gives it a little variety. I wanted to talk to them after the show to say how great they were, but they took off and went backstage! How did you get to know the actors by name?

I never call them by their real names when they're out in character, but some have let it slip to me and others I've gotten from other guests or from websites. Ken used to be a WWTBAM host, so that's how I learned his, as he used his real name for that. He also has a tendency to let stuff slip about real names (also a pretty good source of info as far as Frontierland entertainment goes). If they're in character, it's Clem, Mr. Mayor or Sam, Sallie Mae or if they're just chatting with the crowd or doing the shoot out, Black Jack. If you want to talk to them you need to be in front of the Golden Horseshoe at 10am. That's when they go out and chat.

That's so cool! I never got to see the WWTBAM show before, but now it's no longer in DCA. Neither is the Soap Opera Café. My mom was very bummed about that. I like talking to actors, or performers in general, so if we're ever around the Golden Horseshoe at 10 a.m., I can probably convince my family to stop and say hi to them. Thanks for the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter