Le Cellier new menu? OFFICIAL New Menu Discussion

Thanks L-Harper for posting the menu. I have been waiting for this for a while and couldn't wait to see it. Really not that impressed with the improvements. Also from MI where Duck and Venison are a plenty. Oh well! Only time and reviews will tell!

I am going to cancel my dinner ressie and keep the lunch ressie since the mushroom filet is staying on the lunch menu, at least that is what I was told. My family just was not excited about the new menu. At least I get to save TS credits!!

Melissa

I'm really sad to see the prime rib option gone. That was the only reason I made my reservation there in May. I'm going to have to re-evaluate and more than likely change our dinner reseverations now. Any suggestions??

Ok, so now the big question is lunch or dinner!! We have never eaten there before, so we won't feel like something is "missing" if we go for dinner. I don't know what to do?!?!?

Prices increased for the same thing that was on the old menu? The Cheddar Cheese soup is the same soup whether it's the new menu or old but it's more expensive on the new.

I think I'm going to have to rethink my Dinner reservation that I have this May. Although that 16 oz bone-in Rib Eye does look good.

Hmmmmm....really need to decide here. LeCellier is our traditional last night menu. Glad to see the Filet is still there, but I really liked the cream cheese mashed potatoes. I had no trouble subbing them in 2009, but if they're removed all together...that would probably be difficult. I know DH will like the Rib-Eye, that's his favorite cut.

Debating about switching to Yachtsman, though....

I'm really sad to see the prime rib option gone. That was the only reason I made my reservation there in May. I'm going to have to re-evaluate and more than likely change our dinner reseverations now. Any suggestions??

I too will miss the prime rib (as that is the reason we went there and for the mashed potatoes), so with that gone so will our want to dine here.

I would recommend if you are looking for prime rib, the Turf Club Grill at SSR.

DH will be hurt that the coffee strip is also gone....nope bye bye LC for us!!!

is the soup a cup or a bowl..?

I have a dinner reservation on the 12th for my birthday and really all I wanted to reservation for was for the soup but I dont want to spend 9$ on a cup of soup

OFF TOPIC BUT......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY darthspud!!!!!

My bday is the 12th also and me and the fam will also be at POP! I'm spending my bday dinner at Artist Point. But have a Lecellier lunch reservation march 16th ..... surely somebody will post a lunch menu pic by then

It's a steakhouse and now there are only 3 steak entrees on the menu?!?!?!?!

REALLY?!? are you kidding me? $42.00 for NY Strip and $9.00 for flippin SOUP. I gotta say that better be the best damned steak and soup for what they are charging. Thank goodness for the DDP. Gee, I wonder what they'll try and charge for a drink there.

Really Disney?

The menu DOES look yummy - but I'm a bit disappointed all the same. I think my family will say no to the price increase. They understand its now signature etc. but still probably won't want to spend that much.

I might try and get a lunch ressie - but probably not gonna happen is it!

Hope you all enjoy! xxx

Here is the new dessert menu (stolen from another site ;) )

DESSERTS

Trio of Chocolate 10.00
Canadian Club Chocolate Mouse, Chocolate Sorbet, and warm Chocolate Almond Cake

Le Cellier Mont Blanc Semifreddo 9.00
Semi-frozen White Wine Sabayon with Chilled Fruit Soup

Maple Creme Brulee 8.00

Seasonal sorbet 8.00

Lemon Cheesecake 9.00
with a citrus salad and mandarin ornage gelee

No Sugar Added Chocolate Mousse 9.00
with wild berry compote and no sugar added raspberry sorbet

and Lunch

Le Cellier Steakhouse lunch menu
Mar 01, 2011

Lunch served from 11:30am to 3pm

Appetizers

Appetizer trio to share 17.99
-tomato stack, lump crab, and canadian cheddar cheese soup

Roasted duck meatballs 10.99
with a roasted onion tartlet and a cherry gastrique

Sauteed prince edward island mussels 11.99
-with celery, shallots, ginger, garlic and coconut milk

Spicy chicken and chipotle sausage 9.99
-with roasted corn polenta and sweet onion jam

Canadian cheddar cheese soup
-made with moosehead beer and bacon
-cup 5.49
-bowl 6.99

Lump crab and sweet corn custards 10.99
-with paprika aioli

Tomato stack 8.99
-with caramelized onions, cucumbers, crumbled blue cheese, and yuzu vinaigrette

Entree Salads

Grilled sirloin salad 17.49
with Baby spinach, potato and fennel tart

Caesar salad with grilled chicken 14.49
-romaine lettuce, parmesan, sourdough croutons, and creamy caesar dressing

Sandwiches

Pan roasted Salmon burger 15.99
with cilantro lime aioli and an asian cabbage slaw

Open-faced Canadian cheese steak sandwich 15.49
with sauteed onions and peppers and a Boursin cream sauce

Le Cellier House Burger 14.99
with Maple barbecue, black diamond cheddar and crispy onions

Chicken Crepe 14.49
with roasted portobello mushrooms, peppers, and a blue cheese Bechamel sauce

Entrees

Le Cellier mushroom filet mignon 26.99
-served with wild mushroom risotto and white truffle herb butter sauce

Sauteed potato gnocchi 18.99
-with grilled eggplant, cherry tomatoes, pesto broth and parmesan

New york strip steak 31.99
-topped with butter served with gruyere yukon gold potato gratin

Walnut-crusted 20.99
with sage infused cream corn, pickled mushrooms and a Maple whisky glaze

Desserts

Chocolate on chocolate whiskey cake 7.99
-finished with honey-thyme anglaise and a chocolate vanilla walnut sauce

Bumbleberry Cobbler 6.99
with an oatmeal streusel and cheesecake ice cream

Le Cellier mont blan semifreddo 6.99
-with chilled fruit soup

No sugar added chocolate mousse 5.99
-with wild berry compote and no sugar added raspberry sorbet

Maple creme brulee 6.99

Seasonal sorbet 6.49

Chocolate "Moose" 5.99

Campfire S'mores 5.99

Thanks!!!! Maestro for posting menu. Will the cream cheese mashed potatoes be available for lunch??? Thanks

Thanks!!!! Maestro for posting menu. Will the cream cheese mashed potatoes be available for lunch??? Thanks

I asked the same question lol. Unfortunately we can't find any listings for sides available at lunch time, so I suppose we will just have to wait for someone to visit and request it to see if it is available. I do hope so because for me Fillet and Rice are not a marriage made in heaven :sick: and I did love the cheesy mash.

Debating about switching to Yachtsman, though....

Comparing menu prices, the new 2 TS Le Celllier is pretty much now the same exact price as Yachtsman. I've eaten a both plenty of times, and I can tell you that Yachtsman was far superior in food and service to LC. I'll wait to see what the new LC reviews are like, but for my trip in October, I'm planning on dropping LC for Yachtsman. It's just a few minute walk from LC, and they have a great Ribeye and Porterhouse.

I've got a strange feeling that LC will become a 2 TS similar to the Brown Derby, which I don't feel is worthy of it's prices or 2 TS either.

A good friend of mine's brother works in the restaurant department at disney and he sent me a copy of the menu last night and I have to say I WAS NOT IMPRESSED. IMO you can't charge one price for the same soup at lunch and then charge more for the same soup at dinner when your giving the same portion. Usually luch is smaller portions and thats why you can charge a less price. I chatted a little with him on the phone and secretly I think he agreed with me about the menu (He can't say that out loud though).
Something else I found interesting about the conversation, was that he felt disney was testing the concept of 1 credit lunch and 2 credit dinner with le cellier and that possibly in the future we may see other restuarants going this way as well. Coral Reef because of the atmosphere, Kona cafe because Poly is the only Deluxe without a Signature and Tutto Italia because now with Via Napoli being open they have the opportunity to do this.
He believes that disney will continue to improve their signature dining and down the road we will continue to see more places open up!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter