• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Le Cellier - We're home!

Wazzo

DIS Veteran
Le Cellier - Friday September 8th

This was our first visit to Le Cellier. We had never really spent much time in the Canadian pavilion since we are FROM Canada! :rolleyes: BUT, I had heard SO much about it, we had to try it!

Our table was SO close to the other two, I could barely get to my seat... and then it felt like we were dining with the two other couples on either side of us. The whole restaurant looked a little squished. We were lucky though, the two couples quickly finished, and we were left alone in the middle.

I started with the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup with smoked bacon and Moosehead beer:

DSC00956.jpg

I was a little worried about this one, since I don't like beer, but it was good! Very rich, but very good.

My Mom had the Smoked Salmon and Crab appetizer:

DSC00955.jpg

She loved it! She said it was her favourite appetizer of our trip.

Next, I had the filet AGAIN... and yes, it was because I wanted mashed potatoes AGAIN!! :blush: It was the 7 oz. Filet Mignon with glazed with maple barbecue sauce and accompanied by cream cheese mashed potatoes to be exact:

DSC00957.jpg

The meat was amazingly cooked... again, I recommend medium. I didn't like the BBQ sauce as much as the two previous filets, but the potatoes made it extra yummy of course!

My Mom had the Mushroom Filet Mignon with wild mushroom risotto, white truffle and herb beurre blanc, topped with fried parsnips:

DSC00958.jpg

I had never had risotto before, and it was making wish I had gotten that instead of the potatoes! That risotto was GOOD! :lovestruc She loved it too.

For dessert, they let us get the kid's chocolate Moose:

DSC00959.jpg

It was both cute and yummy! :p

I chose to try the Vanilla Bean and Maple Creme Brulee:

DSC00960.jpg

It was great! I had only tried creme brulee once before, and I didn't really like it. The top was too thick and hard. These two were very good and lightly hardened on the top. I loved the maple side (on the left).

Overall, this was great value for the dining plan. Very yummy and we loved everything we had! Great service too!

Rating: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: (Five out of five Friendly Canadians)

Drooling here, thanks for the play by play yummmmm!!

I LOVE Dining reviews with Photos to go along with it !!
THANKS, that makes it really enjoyable to read.

We are trying LeCellier for the 1st time come November, I hear its quite good. You seemed to like your choices of food. We are looking forward to it!
:woohoo: :dogdance:

Thanks for the review/pics ~ I have an ADR there in December but I am nervous as it is for 7:40pm; I fear I may miss some of Illuminations. How long did the whole meal take? :wave2:

Hi JoAnnPan!

Our ADR was for 8:20pm, but it was so busy that we weren't seated until about 8:40pm. After that, it was pretty fast, since there are no ADRs after 8:50pm. There were EMHs that night, so we still didn't feel rushed. I think we were out of there around 10pm.

Perhaps you could mention to your server that you want to get out for Illuminations? Or skip the appetizer and dessert?

ENJOY!! :teeth:

Thanks for the reviews and photos! Looking SOO foward to going back in a couple of weeks!

I finally get to try it next week! I still can't decide between the two filets; it may come down between the potatos vs the risotto =)

Pics look yummy! Thanks!

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

Eeeee, thanks for the review and pics. I'll be there for dinner on Friday. :Pinkbounc

Yum!!!! We'll be dining there in a couple weeks. I have enjoyed the BBQ Filet before and was planning on it again but I may have to try the Mushroom Filet - oh decisions, decisions. They both look WONDERFUL!!!

I also had the filet with BBQ sauce but asked for the BBQ sauce on the side -that way I could lightly dip each bite into the very warm sauce (or not). It was one of two favorite meals during our 14 day stay.

WOW :thumbsup2 That looks FABULOUS! Thanks for the pics! Question though, for anyone who's been there, do you think the restuarant is too cramped for someone in a power wheelchair?

shovan said:
WOW :thumbsup2 That looks FABULOUS! Thanks for the pics! Question though, for anyone who's been there, do you think the restuarant is too cramped for someone in a power wheelchair?

Our table certainly was! But, I did notice some tables and booths to the left of us in a corner that should accomodate a power wheelchair. Perhaps if you note this on your reservation?

Enjoy!

Isn't the salmon & crab appetizer is new on the menu? Did you notice any other additions?

jjohnson said:
Isn't the salmon & crab appetizer is new on the menu? Did you notice any other additions?

Unfortunately this was our first time there, so I'm not sure of any changes. I looked at the menus online after we got back though, and you're right, I didn't see the salmon and crab.

My Mom said it was the best appetizer she had at WDW, so I know she wants it to stay on the menu! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter