Le Cellier? ...Yay or Nay??

Le Cellier...Yay or Nay?

• Yay

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.

NoSoup4U

I am Art Vandelay
What are your thoughts on Le Cellier? My first experience here was not a good one so i'm a bit hesitant. I read a lot of mixed reviews of this place, this is another reason im on the fence. Thoughts?

If it was up to me we would not go. To small of a menu and last time we had a waitress who changed my daughters steak order because she decided that she didn't really want rare (she did and I sent it back) but I pay for my daughters mother and stepfather to come along and she loves the place it was her only request. She loves some kind of cheese soup they have. I cant comment on the soup because it has bacon in it with cheese thus breaking 2 dietary laws (Jewish).

We've gone every trip. It was a must do for us, until we went to Tiffins. I think Tiffins is our new must do.

But I feel like I love their pretzel bread too much to not go...and they have some beverages that are just hard to find back home (and we border canada)

For me, I really wanted to like it. The food was fine. The space is very dark and very cramped. So, unfortunately, I could not justify the cost due to how I felt the entire experience turned out to be.

I haven't been in 8 years, but we loved it back then. The atmosphere is very cool, and the mushroom risotto is amazing...but I love anything with mushrooms. I've read on here that it's become a much more rushed experience.

I've been at least once every year and for me it's worth it. I've always enjoyed my steak, the wine, and the truffle fries. My sister and I did lunch there this past November and we didn't have any issues with being rushed. Maybe it just depends on the time of day and how many people are waiting.

But yes, I will agree that if you get stuck at a small top table you might be a little too close to fellow guests. It just depends on your comfort level - and how much wine you've had!

I used to love Le Cellier more than any other restaurant on property....but I have been there several times over the past 6 or 7 years and every single time, the meat was seasoned improperly. The poutine was not good at all. The prices are now astronomical... and there is no way I'll be going back there until they change chefs or I start hearing positive things about it again.

Le Cellier was the most expensive meal and biggest disappointment of our recent trip. Every signature we have been to has had better food and a more upscale experience.

At a lot of Disney restaurants you can forget you’re in a theme park and enjoy a break from the chaos outside, but I felt the chaos follows you inside Le Cellier. It’s crowded, you wait for a table in a tiny area, the food wasn’t prepared with care, it’s overpriced. We will not be returning anytime soon.

We’re still kicking ourselves that we switched out our usual Yachtsman meal for this.

Too overpriced for the experience for me. I do kind of want to go and try all the poutines, though.
We are relatively frugal w/ Disney dining and we usually do 1 Le Cellier reservation per trip. We stick to apps such as the beer cheese soup, mac/cheese, cheese poutines, and you get the basket of breads to dunk into soup. Since just 2 of us, splitting 3 apps is only something like $20 ea/person, similar to QS prices. I sometimes feel a little guilty for the waitstaff for not spending more, but then I tell myself that they probably get pretty big tabs/tips, and I've already spent a lot at WDW. And we go during lunch time so I feel it's more ok to do this at the table service restaurants - to sample several small plates, and it's cheaper than 2 expensive entrees where we don't eat everything.

If it was up to me we would not go. To small of a menu and last time we had a waitress who changed my daughters steak order because she decided that she didn't really want rare (she did and I sent it back) but I pay for my daughters mother and stepfather to come along and she loves the place it was her only request. She loves some kind of cheese soup they have. I cant comment on the soup because it has bacon in it with cheese thus breaking 2 dietary laws (Jewish).
The cheese soup is actually not very good. I dont understand the hype. But thats just me.

Overall, i am not impressed with this restaurant. Its far too expensive for what you get. Not worth it. Plus the tables are crammed. This is not a signature IMO.

What are your thoughts on Le Cellier? My first experience here was not a good one so i'm a bit hesitant. I read a lot of mixed reviews of this place, this is another reason im on the fence. Thoughts?
If your previous experience there was bad, why even ask? I think you already have your answer.

FWIW, I feel Le Cellier is overrated. There are a lot of Epcot places I would eat before stopping there

I’m going simply for the poutine and maple Creme brûlée. I might get the spinach as well. Lol.

And the a/c.

We stayed away from Le Cellier due to all of the inconsistent reviews but finally tried it last February during an adults only trip and had a fantastic meal. As with other WDW restaurants, it seems to be very inconsistent with service and food quality. We booked a 9pm adr and I was concerned that we'd be rushed out due to closing but that was not the case at all.

Our server was great- best of the trip- we were not rushed at all (I think we were the 2nd to last group to leave), the food was hot and cooked to perfection. I would definitely eat there again.

We thought the food was decent, but it is waaay over-priced, if paying out of pocket, for what you get and definitely not worth two dining credits, if on the dining plan.

The cheese soup is actually not very good. I dont understand the hype. But thats just me.

Overall, i am not impressed with this restaurant. Its far too expensive for what you get. Not worth it. Plus the tables are crammed. This is not a signature IMO.
You are so right. The 1st time we went it was just 1 credit and back then with a larger menu it was worth it not now. Mine is a birthday trip for a 10 year old and she approved it. I was trying for Jiko.

My vote is for anything but Le Cellier. The food is only average and certainly not worth two dining plan credits. It no way qualifies as a "Signature" experience. The tables are crammed so close together that you are included in your neighbor's dinner conversation even if you prefer not to. Service is lack luster.

If you think tables in there are close, NEVER cruise on an older ship - including all 4 of DCL’s. As new ships are coming out and more people are wanting private tables, they are working to make the dining areas larger (at the expense of other areas on the ship), but even in drydock they are NOT rebuilding the footprint of what exists. The dining rooms were constructed with shared tables being the norm - as more and more people demand private tables, they can only pull them apart so far. There are some cases where servers cannot even move between tables.

You are so right. The 1st time we went it was just 1 credit and back then with a larger menu it was worth it not now. Mine is a birthday trip for a 10 year old and she approved it. I was trying for Jiko.
Yes, for 1 credit its worth it. But not for 2 credits. No way!
A friend of mine had the filet at Jiko and he said it was REALLY good. That place is next on my list. :)

For what you get, one of the most overpriced meals, if not the most overpriced meal, on WDW property. And quality has remained level at best (I would argue declined) since going to 2 TS credits. It makes me sad to think of what it once was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter