Le Cellier? ...Yay or Nay??

Le Cellier...Yay or Nay?

• Yay

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Its a must do on DH's list - he just loves the pretzel bread, filet and decor; not so much on me and DD's list.

Back in the day, when Le Cellier was a single credit and even before the plan, it was an awesome place. The interior was lovely, the food fantastic and the filet was a must

Then it changed. The biggest issue for me is how close the tables are to each other. If I’m paying 2 credits or cash, I want more than a foot between my party and the next. Worst when there are other guests on each side. I don’t find it the least bit relaxing or inviting.

Especially when a 2 minute walk from the international gateway there is the yachtsman steakhouse. Now that is a signature restaurant. The beef choices are wonderful, the staff is professional, welcoming and extremely well trained. Plus onion rolls beat pretzel bread hands down!

So Le cellier went from a must to a never for us.

We love Le Cellier. Just went a couple weeks ago, and the experience was just as good as our first two trips. We've always had a great experience with the waiters there. We love the atmosphere, and the food is delicious. I love the pretzel bread, and DH really loves that cheese soup! Our steaks there have always been excellent. I've never found it to be particularly loud in there. Yes, the tables are close together, but we've gotten lucky and never had any issue with who we're near, so it doesn't bother us too much.

We also don't do the DDP anymore, so we don't care if it's 1 or 2 credits. Though we did pay both 1 and 2 credits on two different DDP trips. Paying OOP, it's just an expensive steak dinner. Not something we'd really do at home, but perfect for vacation.

I will say, we tried Yachtsman this trip because we were staying at YC - phenomenal. Absolutely delicious. Although I do love Le Cellier, if I had to choose between them, I'd probably choose Yachtsman. We didn't choose this past trip; we just ate two delicious steak dinners a few days apart. Hey, it's vacation! It was worth it.

We enjoy going it’s yummy and the restaurant is cozy but if it’s F&W we skip since we get most of the goods at their kiosk ;)

It’s like eating at a Ponderosa Steakhouse, but the tables are squished together like a McDonald’s.

Remember those? Not sure if they’re still around.

We've tried it twice and have written it off. My food has been mediocre... at best, and last visit, they couldn't even get my husband's medium rare steak cooked correctly.

We don't do the DDP, so the 1 credit or 2 doesn't matter, but I understand it does for those on the DDP.
We have never had a bad meal there and our steaks were cooked perfectly medium rare every time.
My only complaint is it tends to be very loud inside and as they've added more tables, the tables can be very tightly packed together.

We don't eat there very often since we can get great steaks in the midwest. So we prefer to do more Seafood when we get to the coasts.
Have not tried Yachtsman or Shulas so can't compare.

I like to go, especially to get a late lunch when it's not crazy. They have excellent Canadian beer. and I've figured out what I like to order.

I don't use DDP, so that helps. I'd probably never go if I had to use DDP.

Nay.

First and last time we ever went to Le Cellier, the CM spent most of her time talking to a table from her home town, we we’re surrounded by dirty tables, because its the end of the night (we were there at 2100) and they don’t clean tables then according to another CM?! Food was cold, drinks were wrong twice. We complained and were comped, but when the F&B manager rang the next day and offered for us to return, we declined - he then started accusing of us playing the system to get a free meal.

Not bad for a birthday treat?....

The cheese soup is actually not very good. I dont understand the hype. But thats just me.

Overall, i am not impressed with this restaurant. Its far too expensive for what you get. Not worth it. Plus the tables are crammed. This is not a signature IMO.

WE hated the cheese soup.

My family finally went back after many years and we really enjoyed the meal. It was not on my list because it was our least favorite meal when we were there about 10 years ago, however my DSIL requested we try one more time. We got a table in a corner with plenty of space for all of us, and not crowded in a cluster like the last time we were there. The server was outstanding and the food delicious. I am so glad we gave it one more chance.

WE hated the cheese soup.

My family finally went back after many years and we really enjoyed the meal. It was not on my list because it was our least favorite meal when we were there about 10 years ago, however my DSIL requested we try one more time. We got a table in a corner with plenty of space for all of us, and not crowded in a cluster like the last time we were there. The server was outstanding and the food delicious. I am so glad we gave it one more chance.
Glad you enjoyed your meal and experience there. Maybe i'll give them another try in the near future as well. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter