left land?

fboy9287

DIS Veteran
how much land does the universal proporty have left? Enough for another island? Couple more attractions? Does Earl have enough room to build another hut?

Yeah, I remember seeing an empty lot behing the JP area, are there any plans for that area? A Jeep tour would be cool.

Lots and Lots and Lots of undeveloped land.

Enough for 2 more theme parks and probably a dozen more resorts.

There is even a lot of land directly on site of the 2 current theme parks.

Darn that CoasterFEV!

Now that you have sparked our interest give us a little something to naw on! ;)

This abundance of land is not contiguous to the existing attractions, though - correct? From what I have seen of aerial photos, once the Hawaiin themed resort is built, there will only be enough room to add attractions, not really another theme park or resort. Am I wrong?

Where is all this land that Universal owns, and how far from the existing parks is it?

From the pics I have seen there could be enough room for a third theme park between the two exsisting parks, and room behind HRH and next to USF. I know UO bought land not too long ago and is in the process of cleaning it up for expansion.

Check your local Orlando map:

Universal now owns ALL of the Lockheed Martin property. This area stretches from Sand Lake Road to Route 528 (Beeline Expressway). A small corner of this land has been sold to the county for the new convention center expansion in addition to a hotel (Hilton I believe) that will be attached to the expansion. This sale was needed to pay for all the toxic waste cleanup of the property that is required prior to development.

In addition, Universal DOES own Wet 'n' Wild - which sits smack in the middle of their two properties.

I have already seen plans for a large interchange to be built on the Beeline expressway where the current Orangewood Blvd. exit sits. This interchange will serve as a gateway to all future developments. Universal Blvd will also connect to the Beeline at this point.

All other future developments are still under wraps and will not be able to be discussed on this board.

But just think - connect the two areas of Universal - with Wet 'n' Wild in between - and the Orlando Convention Center basically ON Universal's property - and this could be a mega-resort VERY competitive to Disney's !!!!

Aww, come on raptor. Tell us how you really feel!;)

Originally posted by CoasterFEV

In addition, Universal DOES own Wet 'n' Wild - which sits smack in the middle of their two properties.

But just think - connect the two areas of Universal - with Wet 'n' Wild in between - and the Orlando Convention Center basically ON Universal's property - and this could be a mega-resort VERY competitive to Disney's !!!!

OK but please no more long walks from the parking garage. That takes half the fun out of it. How about some themed trams to ferry guest ?

Man, if only someone had one of those time machines or something to check out what 10 or 15 years down the road looks like and report back-either that or sneek a peek at the papers in someone's top secret file...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter