Legal ways to get into Club 33

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhoman

Mouseketeer
Hi All, I was wondering if there is a list of ways to get into club 33 without being a member or having a member invite you? I am not asking anyone to invite me, just want to know if there are known ways to get a reservation. Below are ones I have heard of. If anyone has information on any of these or experience using one of these methods can you share your experience?

1. Charity Auctions. I heard sometimes there are charity Auctions were you can buy a reservation to club 33. Does anyone know how to find these auctions? This is a way I want to bid on an auction, but I don't know how to find them.

2. ABD. I have heard that the LA adventure by disney trip sometimes has breakfast at Club 33. I heard it is not guaranteed or advertised. Does anyone have any experience on how often this works out? This is what I am leaning on trying personally.

3. I have seen D23 do events in the past, but they don't seem to be planned any more from what I am seeing.

If you have a method please share your information, thank you!

Prior to retirement, I used to go to Club-33 when I was in California, since my company was a member.
To answer your questions . . .

1. Charity Auctions. I heard sometimes there are charity Auctions were you can buy a reservation to club 33. Does anyone know how to find these auctions? This is a way I want to bid on an auction, but I don't know how to find them.
. . . these are usually members who donate a meal to various auctions
. . . there is no database or advance announcement
. . . one just has to look for charity auctions, and get lucky

2. ABD. I have heard that the LA adventure by disney trip sometimes has breakfast at Club 33. I heard it is not guaranteed or advertised. Does anyone have any experience on how often this works out? This is what I am leaning on trying personally.
. . . these are rare
. . . these are being cut out, as the amount of tables available to members gets reduced, and members can't get a ressie

3. I have seen D23 do events in the past, but they don't seem to be planned any more from what I am seeing.
. . . this happens seldom, as there is no way to assure the behavior of the guests
. . . there have been "incidents" in the past
. . . for this question and #2, Club-33 members are very guarded as to who they want dining with them
. . . some say "snotty", but it is an exclusive club and they do not want the experience ruined

These three methods used to be commonly available prior to the refurbishment of the Club a few years ago. At that time Disney instituted new rules that drastically reduced the number of reservations ( or maybe it is unaccompanied guests total) a member could make without the member being physically present.

These changes have virtually eliminated the chances of scoring a Club 33 reservation via charity auction. ABD no longer goes into Club 33 from what I have heard. They will probably take you into the 1901 Lounge in DCA, but it will be prior to opening.

While that has happened in the past, its pretty much been stopped.

I know for a fact that ABD does not go there for breakfast anymore. This was from a higher up cast member who works for ABD. This cast member was doing an "audit" on our Alaska trip last year. Upon learning this terrible news, I asked him to try and get this back into the itinerary..... He said it will probably be unlikely that ABD will be able to return to Club 33. He did not get into too much detail but I figure that the members of Clud 33 did not want ABD there.... Very sad :(

I know for a fact that ABD does not go there for breakfast anymore. This was from a higher up cast member who works for ABD. This cast member was doing an "audit" on our Alaska trip last year. Upon learning this terrible news, I asked him to try and get this back into the itinerary..... He said it will probably be unlikely that ABD will be able to return to Club 33. He did not get into too much detail but I figure that the members of Clud 33 did not want ABD there.... Very sad :(
I understand it, though. Unless your company is a member, you're paying $36,000 for the first year + $11,000 every year thereafter & you waited nearly 20 years for the privilege. The members have every right to a say in who does & does not get access, and if they don't want the tourists traipsing through, so be it.

I understand it, though. Unless your company is a member, you're paying $36,000 for the first year + $11,000 every year thereafter & you waited nearly 20 years for the privilege. The members have every right to a say in who does & does not get access, and if they don't want the tourists traipsing through, so be it.

I agree
I don't think it is sad at all. And it is something I will never get to experience.

This is interesting. We were on an ABD tour the DAY that Carsland was opening. I told my DW that there was no way we'd get into Club 33 with all the VIPs around. However, we did eat Breakfast there. Now, I'm not debating whether ABD goes there anymore or not, but if not, I doubt it was due to members protesting since Club 33 is not usually open for Breakfast, so our impact on the members was minimal. We had our meal and were out of Club 33 only a little past park opening.

And I'm pretty sure all the food for our breakfast came from the Blue Bayou just underneath Club 33.

Just sharing what happened to us.

Currently, a club 33 member must accompany any guest they make a reservation for. This is a recent rule change. A number of years ago, I was going to San Diego for a convention. I planned on making the treak to Disneyland prior to the start.

I decide to shoot for the stars and email everyone of my email contact list asking if they could get me a reservation. I was clear that I didn't want a free dinner, just somone to make the ADR for me. I won't bore you with the many responses I received. Everything from you are crazy to just plan no.

Then out of the blue, an email came in from a contact that he would have someone email me. She and I emailed back and forth numerous times. She told me her friend was reluctant to make the ADR as their membership were on the line if I misbehaved, so to speak. In the end, afte an extensive email interview, she agreed to talk to her friend.

He agreed to make the ADR for me. It was a once in a lifetime experience for me and my nephew. My contact was a former choreographer at DL and her friend was Walt Disney's great grand son.

Where there is a will, there is a way. Yes it has become more difficult. You just have to be more resourceful. Start emailing and making phone calls. Nothing comes easy.

This is interesting. We were on an ABD tour the DAY that Carsland was opening. I told my DW that there was no way we'd get into Club 33 with all the VIPs around. However, we did eat Breakfast there. Now, I'm not debating whether ABD goes there anymore or not, but if not, I doubt it was due to members protesting since Club 33 is not usually open for Breakfast, so our impact on the members was minimal. We had our meal and were out of Club 33 only a little past park opening.

And I'm pretty sure all the food for our breakfast came from the Blue Bayou just underneath Club 33.

Just sharing what happened to us.

That is exactly what is said to the cast-member, "we went for breakfast.... Not lunch". He said they didn't care, they (the Club33 members) didn't want us there. So, ABD doesn't go there anymore.

1) I am not trying to be snooty.
2) But, people and companies wait YEARS to gain entry as a Club-33 member.
3) They do not want their membership status risked by allowing folks in who might not comply with the accepted behavior/decorum.
4) AND, the diners who are allowed entry via membership want to have the meal remain VERY civilized (as per the rules and dress codes).

NOTER: I am a member of a PGA Tourney golf club in Northern Ohio, and we guard the on-course golfer appearance/actions and eatery behaviors carefully. We come for civilized golf and gracious dining, and do not want that disturbed.

She told me her friend was reluctant to make the ADR as their membership were on the line if I misbehaved, so to speak....
...her friend was Walt Disney's great grand son.

Boy, that would be an interesting conversation when the Membership Chairman started the process of stripping Walt Disney's great grandson of his membership.

Boy, that would be an interesting conversation when the Membership Chairman started the process of stripping Walt Disney's great grandson of his membership.

Trust me, it was a stringent vetting process, and I had to agree to comply with guidelines above and beyond what the club requires.

Trust me, it was a stringent vetting process, and I had to agree to comply with guidelines above and beyond what the club requires.
Oh, I have no doubt that you were given the full vetting treatment. I just wonder what the Membership Chairman would be thinking if he ever had to pick up the phone to make the call to the Disney progeny.

Oh, I have no doubt that you were given the full vetting treatment. I just wonder what the Membership Chairman would be thinking if he ever had to pick up the phone to make the call to the Disney progeny.

That was five years ago, before things hit the fan. But you are right, it would not have been an uncomfortable phone call to make.

I do believe however, that with the number of corporate memberships, it is not impossible to get in even today.

Can you share any part of that? Was it more than wearing a suit and tie, and limiting consumption of alcohol? Dinner jackets aren't much in style anymore.

If you paid BIG BUCKS for an exclusive membership, would you want the general public to gain access?

Because Adventures By Disney trips are so cheap? LOL.

Currently, a club 33 member must accompany any guest they make a reservation for. This is a recent rule change.

Is "recent" inside the last year?

Because as of July of last year that wasn't true. It had changed to individual memberships only being allowed 20 unaccompanied guests per year. And many people were *telling* others what you said, just to avoid saying "I have other friends/relatives who I want to send more than I want to send you". Also, apparently (from what I found in a thread on the disneyland boards) the actual *member* has to call to make the unaccompanied reservations; the one "authorized caller" that a member can set up could NOT call to make that reservation. The member had to.

If it's changed again since last July, no one is talking about it online, or not that I can find.

I'm so glad the member who let us go simply trusted me (and by proxy my family) and didn't give me the 3rd degree. I know it was pre 2012 because I hadn't lost my weight yet, so DS was on the young side (8 or younger), but I know that we didn't get a pass included. We had APs and the member knew it, and the member was saving passes for others (we didn't ask for them and the member didn't offer).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter