Legal ways to get into Club 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you share any part of that? Was it more than wearing a suit and tie, and limiting consumption of alcohol? Dinner jackets aren't much in style anymore.

Dress Code

For lunch, Guests may come in fashionable casual attire in order to enjoy the Disneyland Resort in comfort. However, no tank tops, cutoffs, swimsuits, bare midriffs, sweatpants, flip flops/sandals or beachwear may be worn. Walking length shorts are acceptable. Jeans are acceptable, provided that they cover undergarments completely and are not extremely faded or torn.

If Guests have been enjoying the day in Disneyland Park, evening casual attire is acceptable for dinner. For gentlemen, collared shirts and slacks are appropriate, and for ladies an informal dress or pants with a blouse are appropriate. (The club is no longer accepting shorts of any type or style for dinner.)

Proper Conduct

Guests must conduct themselves properly at all times while at Club 33. Specifically, lewd conduct, inappropriate attire, solicitation of any kind and profanity shall not be permitted while on Club 33 premises.

The use of cellular telephones is prohibited in the dining areas of Club 33. While in Club 33 dining areas, please place your cell phone on silent or vibrate. When answering or placing a cell phone call, we ask that you go to the hallway so that your fellow Guests may continue to enjoy their dining experience.

MY PERSONAL OPINION:
These are exclusive clubs in California and Tokyo.
People need to behave and dress accordingly.
The current members and management make certain this happens.
With YEARS on the waiting list, no member wants to be expelled.
BRAVO . . .
. . . No Political Correctness here.
. . . No loud or boisterous by adults.

. . . No tattered or unsightly clothing.
. . . No golf caps worn at dining tables.

. . . No children running around or disturbing others, as they must act well.
Unlike the "dress codes" at WDW eateries, these rules are enforced.

And, paraphrasing, these rules ARE NOT more like guidelines.

Last edited:
Dress Code

With YEARS on the waiting list, no member wants to be expelled.
BRAVO . . .
. . . No Political Correctness here.

What on earth does that mean?

And the person you're answering was asking about the vetting process done by the member that allowed REDM to go, which was beyond the normal rules.

Because Adventures By Disney trips are so cheap? LOL.

Is "recent" inside the last year?

Because as of July of last year that wasn't true. It had changed to individual memberships only being allowed 20 unaccompanied guests per year. And many people were *telling* others what you said, just to avoid saying "I have other friends/relatives who I want to send more than I want to send you". Also, apparently (from what I found in a thread on the disneyland boards) the actual *member* has to call to make the unaccompanied reservations; the one "authorized caller" that a member can set up could NOT call to make that reservation. The member had to.

If it's changed again since last July, no one is talking about it online, or not that I can find.

I'm so glad the member who let us go simply trusted me (and by proxy my family) and didn't give me the 3rd degree. I know it was pre 2012 because I hadn't lost my weight yet, so DS was on the young side (8 or younger), but I know that we didn't get a pass included. We had APs and the member knew it, and the member was saving passes for others (we didn't ask for them and the member didn't offer).

@bumbershoot

Perhaps my statement about the rule change is incorrect, I thought that was part of the rule changes put into place after Joseph Cosgrove when his membership was terminated June of 2015.

@bumbershoot

Perhaps my statement about the rule change is incorrect, I thought that was part of the rule changes put into place after Joseph Cosgrove when his membership was terminated June of 2015.

@bumbershoot After doing a quick Google search, you're are correct. It appears that they only limited the party size of unaccompanied guest to 6.

Sorry for the misinformation, but happy that I was wrong.

If you paid BIG BUCKS for an exclusive membership, would you want the general public to gain access?

I get it, I guess..... But at least I can say I had breakfast at Club 33. I also got some merchandise from there too.
Glad I did it, cause it looks like I will never set foot in there again.

I know I might sound glib and I don’t want to offend anyone but…

I don’t understand some of the things people spend their time and money on…

A TWENTY year waiting list and thousands of dollars -- all to be “accepted” into a restaurant?

What are you doing during those 20 years – waiting by the phone, nervously biting your nails? And I’ve eaten all over the world and have yet to taste anything that I’d wait in line for two decades to eat, let alone spend 30 grand on.

What’s the payoff for these people who sell their souls and grovel on their knees , praying to get into Club 33? The right to say, “I waited 20 years for this meal”? Because that’s not anything I’d be boasting about…

Unless they shove bars of gold up your tuckus when you walk in the door, and there’s a genie waiting at your table to grant you three wishes, why go through all of that to eat a $30,000 meal that is going to eventually end up in the bottom of a porcelain bowl, the same as any five dollar happy meal at McDonalds? For 30 grand, I just might save the turd to get my money’s worth.

I guess some people would say, “For the experience” but for 30 grand , I can have twenty amazing experiences that are much more exciting than sitting stiff legged among a bunch of stuffed shirts, afraid to chew my food the wrong way. That experience doesn’t sound fun at all.

Sure, I’d pay decent money and wait a reasonable amount of time to have an enjoyable meal experience at a nice restaurant but 20 years and 30 grand? Pssh! I wouldn’t go through all that to get into Heaven and feast with Christ himself.

Also, any “Club” that employs rules like, “no political correctness” and, “members have the right to choose who they want dining with them”, and to not accept persons they feel will “ruin the experience”, opens the door for all kinds of bigotries, and sounds like sanctioned discrimination – I’m betting there aren’t too many minorities in Club 33, unless they’re washing the dishes or busing the tables.

Doesn’t sound like any Club I’d want to be a part of… I can experience a roomful of snobby, boring, rich bigots for free at one of my aunt’s dinner parties.

But, to each his own … I guess. Good luck to all of you aspiring to experience this Narnia of eateries.

opens the door for all kinds of bigotries, and sounds like sanctioned discrimination

1) Nope . . . zero bigotries and zero discrimination
2) This is an old and invalid presumption.
3) The members just want a secure, peaceful, and sophisticated atmosphere.
4) Same is at Club-33, as it is at private country clubs. *

* That is also why throughout my adult life, I have always belonged to Private Country Clubs.
. . . your know the people, as you see them often
. . . with golf, you always find "a game" with friends
. . . the atmosphere is always cordial, but typically not snotty
. . . the "dress/appearance" of the people is always respectful
. . . the behavior of people is always pleasant

. . . you always know what to expect for food, service, cordiality, surroundings

What are you doing during those 20 years – waiting by the phone, nervously biting your nails?
. . . it is not actually 20-years, however, usually about 4-7 years
. . . but, the answer is YES
. . . you can call, but they do not tell you where you are on the list
. . . or, the time it should take to be next-in-line

Last edited:

1) Nope . . . zero bigotries and zero discrimination
2) This is an old and invalid presumption.
3) The members just want a secure, peaceful, and sophisticated atmosphere.
4) Same is at Club-33, as it is at private country clubs. *

* That is also why throughout my adult life, I have always belonged to Private Country Clubs.
. . . your know the people, as you see them often
. . . with golf, you always find "a game" with friends
. . . the atmosphere is always cordial, but typically not snotty
. . . the "dress/appearance" of the people is always respectful
. . . the behavior of people is always pleasant

. . . you always know what to expect for food, service, cordiality, surroundings

I understand all of that but I wonder ... how does a collective determine which applicants will "ruin the experience" and be disruptive and/or unsophisticated? I can see if you are a member inviting someone, then yes, you would be familiar with that person, but "members" as a whole deciding which applicants pose a threat, sight unseen? Without knowing the person personally, and unless you discover a scathing criminal or public conduct history via a background check, I can't imagine how one could come to any conclusion about a person's character or how they "might" behave, whom they don't know beyond surface impressions, without applying at least a small amount of generalization.
Meh, I'm not in that world, nor have any desire to be so who knows, maybe you all have figured a way around that.
I grew up around what most would consider "upper class", and perhaps that experience is why the word "exclusive" in defining a club is suspect to me -- never saw many brown faces in those "exclusive" clubs, and not because there weren't any that didn't qualify financially, socially, and professionally to be members.

But you're right, I'm making a massive presumption. And I'll never know if it's baseless since I'll never become a member. I guess we'll have to take your word for it, haha!

. . . it is not actually 20-years, however, usually about 4-7 years
Still too long to wait for a meal. I could pick up another degree, serve a term as President, and have six children in that time.

. . . but, the answer is YES

Naaah! you don't! You don't reeeally sit chewing your fingernails, waiting for the Club 33 phone call!:rolleyes: You know how I know? Because that would violate their "etiquette and sophistication" policies, and disqualify you for membership. No one wants a nail biter at the exclusive golden table... that behavior is for common folk!

I'm goofing with you right now, I hope you can see that. No offense intended :-)

A TWENTY year waiting list and thousands of dollars -- all to be “accepted” into a restaurant?

What are you doing during those 20 years – waiting by the phone, nervously biting your nails? And I’ve eaten all over the world and have yet to taste anything that I’d wait in line for two decades to eat, let alone spend 30 grand on.

What’s the payoff for these people who sell their souls and grovel on their knees , praying to get into Club 33? The right to say, “I waited 20 years for this meal”? Because that’s not anything I’d be boasting about…

Unless they shove bars of gold up your tuckus when you walk in the door, and there’s a genie waiting at your table to grant you three wishes, why go through all of that to eat a $30,000 meal that is going to eventually end up in the bottom of a porcelain bowl, the same as any five dollar happy meal at McDonalds? For 30 grand, I just might save the turd to get my money’s worth.

I guess some people would say, “For the experience” but for 30 grand , I can have twenty amazing experiences that are much more exciting than sitting stiff legged among a bunch of stuffed shirts, afraid to chew my food the wrong way. That experience doesn’t sound fun at all.

Sure, I’d pay decent money and wait a reasonable amount of time to have an enjoyable meal experience at a nice restaurant but 20 years and 30 grand? Pssh! I wouldn’t go through all that to get into Heaven and feast with Christ himself.

Also, any “Club” that employs rules like, “no political correctness” and, “members have the right to choose who they want dining with them”, and to not accept persons they feel will “ruin the experience”, opens the door for all kinds of bigotries, and sounds like sanctioned discrimination – I’m betting there aren’t too many minorities in Club 33, unless they’re washing the dishes or busing the tables.

Doesn’t sound like any Club I’d want to be a part of… I can experience a roomful of snobby, boring, rich bigots for free at one of my aunt’s dinner parties.

But, to each his own … I guess. Good luck to all of you aspiring to experience this Narnia of eateries.

Much like some season tickets for sought after sports teams (New York Rangers is a big one in my circle) a membership to Club 33 can be a massive business tool in some circles. Even just booking and taking potential clients and not talking once about work it can swing high doller decisions. Silly things like that do happen to come into play. I know of at least one deal that was made that included tickets to Saturday Night Live and the CEO of my office often uses his amazing season tickets at Madison Square Garden as a business negotiation. I imagine the business memberships (and personal ones) can be used for similar perks.

I'm glad you do not want to be part of it, because you likely would not be welcome.
Why is it so necessary for you to berate others who might like something other than you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter