Lego Cinderella's Castle

The Lego Battle of Hoth is a set that has been universally derided for its non-value.

Regardless, again, sources speculate $300-$350. Only current way to get Minnie in her classic dress, Mickey in his tails and Tink.

You're right on that...I didn't think it had that many...

A less popular ip though...so it wouldn't sell if they pushed it higher.

Not sure the same is true about the castle set.

The lego battle of hoth set (oh yes...it will be mine...) is $300 for 2144 pieces.

I would expect more along those lines for Cindy
I think $350 is a safe estimate.

The Lego Battle of Hoth is a set that has been universally derided for its non-value.

Regardless, again, sources speculate $300-$350. Only current way to get Minnie in her classic dress, Mickey in his tails and Tink.

I'm sorry...I guess I missed the "universal deridement"

Had it affected sales?

Have they closed bridges in Copenhagen on suicide watch?

They could do $350...like the helicarrier.

But I think that's underselling both lego and Disneys ability and propensity to upcharge for the more popular pieces. Many of the Star Wars sets have been more than than the "per brick" pricing guideline because they knew it would move.

Right that's me in Lego store with my AP 10% discount but mmm slight issue with getting it home on the plane... Might need it's own ticket... Something to do on overnight international flight.

If you want the set box to be likely creased, crushed and generally beat up, Amazon is the way to go.

For those interested in getting it, shop.lego.com is probably your best bet (when it's released in Sept).

If you want the set box to be likely creased, crushed and generally beat up, Amazon is the way to go.

For those interested in getting it, shop.lego.com is probably your best bet (when it's released in Sept).

I think you might be gripping the bat too tight on this lego thing...

It's a toy...not a rolls royce :)

I respect your right to be confrontational, and know that it's kinda your MO around here. I actually like a lot of your posts; they have been really funny and useful.

That being said, you've been all over the map in this thread with your non-knowledge of the subject matter, and you're also projecting your values onto others. I know that there are serious collectors here who are serious about this kind of thing, and I feel they would like to be educated about stuff by those that do have the knowledge.

So please take that as constructive criticism. It's not meant to be hurtful in any way, just honest.

I respect your right to be confrontational, and know that it's kind your MO around here. I actually like a lot of your posts. They can be really funny and useful.

That being said, you've been all over the map in this thread with your non-knowledge of the subject matter, and you're also projecting your values onto others. I know that there are serious collectors here, and I feel they would like to be educated about stuff by those that do have the knowledge.

So take that as constructive criticism. It's not meant to be hurtful in any way, just honest.

Umm...yeah...the price is a tad surprising to me. Got me there.

But the "universally derided" thing got
Me into a "playful" mood.

Sometimes a cake is just a cake.

In 1989 I was a "serious collector" of ken Griffey Jr. Cards...but in the end, it was never "serious".

Might want to have some light syrup on the pancakes...occasionally. Take it as constructive criticism ;)

Part of what drives a lot of those Star Wars sets up is the minifig count. The Assault on Hoth has 14 of them. The last Death Star had 24 and the Ewok Village has 16. Cinderella Castle appears to have 5, 7 if you count the knights that are part of the decor in the castle. That will affect the pricing more than you might realize. It's part of why City sets are usually over 10 cents a brick, where the Creator sets are usually right at or under 10 cents a brick.

$350 seems about right to me for this set, and the places I have seen online seem to point to that as the price. But I guess time will tell. At any rate, I think this looks like a great set. The detail in the castle looks great and I like that Minnie is in her traditional red dress instead of the pink Mickey Mouse Clubhouse dress. I also like that Tink is a minifig not a mini doll.

Part of what drives a lot of those Star Wars sets up is the minifig count. The Assault on Hoth has 14 of them. The last Death Star had 24 and the Ewok Village has 16. Cinderella Castle appears to have 5, 7 if you count the knights that are part of the decor in the castle. That will affect the pricing more than you might realize. It's part of why City sets are usually over 10 cents a brick, where the Creator sets are usually right at or under 10 cents a brick.

$350 seems about right to me for this set, and the places I have seen online seem to point to that as the price. But I guess time will tell. At any rate, I think this looks like a great set. The detail in the castle looks great and I like that Minnie is in her traditional red dress instead of the pink Mickey Mouse Clubhouse dress. I also like that Tink is a minifig not a mini doll.

That is a very good point.

The figure count is very low...which is a bit surprising. It's being designed as more of an architectural set than a IP themed one from that standpoint.

It's similar to the ghostbusters firehouse in many ways.

I'll look forward to seeing the photos from you folks when you get the sets built and on display. Have fun! :)

Don't you have 60 hours to kill ?

;)

Actually I do, I'm retired! I'd actually love to have something like this, it's my lack of confidence in the construction of it that concerns me. I'd feel pretty stupid buying this thing and never getting past the first quarter of it. There's also the question of where I could display it. I already have a complete set of all the monorail playsets in boxes in the garage for lack of space to set them up..

I do have a thought about the original packaging of collectors sets. I've never bought a single Lego, but I collect some books and boxed sets of music where the original packaging is very much a part of the value of the set. I know folks who buy vinyl albums from Amazon, and if something arrives with dinged corner, back it goes. So I think it's fair to be concerned about the condition of the original packaging, especially if resale could be a possibility down the road.

This looks awesome!!!! I only built legos once but, maybe for Christmas I will have to build again. Reminds me of the old playset they used to sell with the castle. Can't wait! :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter