Let’s reschedule for 2021! Who’s in?

I think DH and DS might go Feb 2021 to check out the Star Wars stuff. My YDD and I *might* go Oct 2020, I say might for obvious reasons! As a family, maybe Thanksgiving 2021...I need a lot to look forward to since we had several epic trips cancelled this year :)

I'm wondering when they will start the 50th Anniversary celebration. We are looking into Summer 2021 (possibly August), but then I worry if they dont officially start the celebration until October I'd rather go in the fall. Its just working around pulling kids out of school that will be the issue.

I wanted to start a thread the has something happy to look forward to. We just had to cancel our trip in June, and we decided we will instead go in June 2021. While I’m sad about it.....it was a year in the planning, as you all know from experience, I am looking at it as a ‘dry run’. The nice thing is, it was 90% paid for, (on Disney gift cards, no less), so now it's money in Mickey’s bank’ until we can book again.
next week would have been my fast pass week. Yeah. All the emotions that go with that one.

However, in 2021..... it’s the 50th anniversary! Tron will hopefully be open, Space 220 will hopefully be open, Ratatouille will hopefully be open, Rise of the Resistance might be in a fast pass group, a lot of Epcot might be completed, and so much more! When I sat down with my daughter, to kind of break it to her, she surprised me.... she was happy about it. 😳😳 She said ‘ now we still have it to look forward to, and think of all the fun things they’ll do for the anniversary!”. Wise words, oh 14 year old! So since we’ll still be putting money in the vacation fund, we’ll add another day to our trip for all the new fun.

How many others are bumping it to next year? Tell me what you’re most excited about when you go! Let’s spread a little tiny bit of hope and happiness! 🎉🎉🎉

We already had a room only booked for Feb 2021 for our 30th anniversary and were waiting on package deals. Now I am glad we had already canceled the trip we had planned for June this year to celebrate our daughters high school graduation because we were supposed to PCS in June. We are rescheduled for July at this point, but who knows what the Army is going to do down the line. As long as her college is open in the fall, everything else will work out. My luck Hubby's report date to our new duty station will be when she has to check in for Freshman week though...

Not quite 2021 but...We had an overseas trip planned this fall which is very questionable at this time. My husband promised if we cancel we can go to Disney in early December instead. :cheer2:

Do you think ticket prices and resort prices will stay the same since so many are moving their trips to 2021? Will Disney cut us all a break?

I am debating whether to have them hold my funds and try to transfer or just get a refund and rebook.

Do you think ticket prices and resort prices will stay the same since so many are moving their trips to 2021? Will Disney cut us all a break?

I am debating whether to have them hold my funds and try to transfer or just get a refund and rebook.

personally, (and like Jon Snow, I know nothing...) but I would like to think they won’t raise prices next year. You’re going to have so many people that not only cancelled this year, but may cancel next year, if they lost their job in this whole thing. For us, all our cancelled funds went back to Disney gift cards, since I paid most of it that way. So we’re looking at it like our trip next year is paid.
for a lot of people that lost their job, I suspect they’re having to use vacation funds for the mortgage and food. That’s just a guess, obviously.

Hopefully we’ll see good discounts enticing us to rebook....that’s my hope. I guess all we can do is wait And keep our fingers crossed. Once the new packages are released though, we’re booking. I need my Disney fix after all this is done! 😍😍😍

We had to cancel 2 trips: My daughter's graduation trip to london (we should be there right now :sad1:) and our 20th anniversary Disney trip at the end of April which I just had the heart to cancel last night.

I did schedule a family Disney trip for July. However, if that doesn't work out, we will just skip this year and plan for 2021. Now that I've come to terms with it, I can look forward to future trips. Just happy we are all healthy and safe right now.

Happy future planning everyone!

We cancelled our vacation package May/10/20 to May/23/20. We had a reservation at the OKW 2 Bedroom Suite with free dining, upgraded to the Deluxe DP, Memory Maker, 14 Days for the price of 7 Ultimate Tickets, 200 $ Giftcard + 100 $ Giftcard from the Star Wars Galaxys Edge Opening Special... It was all payed, the ADR´s were made and the fastpasses too. While cancelling I made a new reservation at the GDT Deluxe Suite with Club Level acces April/29/21 and we transferred the money from the first booking to the second. Now we are waiting for a free dining offer with 200 $ Giftcard etc. from Disney Ireland. We are from Germany, so we can book with Disney IE. Hopefully they will roll out this Package again. Next year I´m celebrating my 50th birthday in early May and our son his 25th Birthday one week later. So the 50th birthday in the 50th year of WDW, this sounds not bad at all right? We have to wait for the cancellation of our flights to get a refund or a voucher. We are able to change the date of the flight to latest April/30/21 but Lufthansa is telling different statements. One castmember said, the April 30 is the last day to depart, the other castmember said it has to be the arrival date. So fingers crossed, the departure is right, so we can spend both birthdays at WDW if we are allowed to travel to the USA from Europe.... The best resolution for us would be getting the refund or the voucher valid through end of 2021 to be flexible.

Well we currently have January 2021 booked but now fall 2021 is looking like Thanksgiving 2021 as DD just got accepted into grad school so we will need to go over one of her breaks so she can join. Not complaining as we haven’t seen Christmas decorations in a long time either.

We had a Disney Cruise booked May 2-9 I canceled in February when it all started and they officially canceled it yesterday. No cruise in the future for us instead we are doing Disney World May 2021 Family trip and October 2021 Mother-Daughter Trip!!!! Airfare we should be good as we now have a credit and Disney Cruise refunded all our money!!! :cool1:

I wanted to start a thread the has something happy to look forward to. We just had to cancel our trip in June, and we decided we will instead go in June 2021. While I’m sad about it.....it was a year in the planning, as you all know from experience, I am looking at it as a ‘dry run’. The nice thing is, it was 90% paid for, (on Disney gift cards, no less), so now it's money in Mickey’s bank’ until we can book again.
next week would have been my fast pass week. Yeah. All the emotions that go with that one.

However, in 2021..... it’s the 50th anniversary! Tron will hopefully be open, Space 220 will hopefully be open, Ratatouille will hopefully be open, Rise of the Resistance might be in a fast pass group, a lot of Epcot might be completed, and so much more! When I sat down with my daughter, to kind of break it to her, she surprised me.... she was happy about it. 😳😳 She said ‘ now we still have it to look forward to, and think of all the fun things they’ll do for the anniversary!”. Wise words, oh 14 year old! So since we’ll still be putting money in the vacation fund, we’ll add another day to our trip for all the new fun.

How many others are bumping it to next year? Tell me what you’re most excited about when you go! Let’s spread a little tiny bit of hope and happiness! 🎉🎉🎉
We are booked for June 24, Poly Club Level. My travel agent hasn't cancelled it yet, but she will be checking with American Airlines and see how far out we can push the trip. I would like July 2021 because we have a commitment during the last week of June 2021.

The trip we currently have scheduled is only 7 nights/6 days because it was a deal. For the new trip, we are planning on making it 8 nights/7 days. We are thinking of scrapping Club Level and getting two rooms instead, one TPV. We will get the Deluxe Dining Plan because we eat at mostly signature restaurants and we go through dining points quickly.

We too are excited about the 50th anniversary. I hope they will start festivities in the summer. At least the castle should be done, which might not have been the case this June. Another thing we hope for is the Mary Poppins section of Epcot. I can't find any info online about it...if they have even begun the transformation...any progress at all. Mary Poppins is a childhood favorite of mine, and I would love to experience it. Ratatouille would be cool to experience.

As disappointed as I am that we can't go this summer, I think in the long run, going in 2021 will be even better.

I'm hoping we'll get our July trip in... If not I have a back up booked for Sept but would have to pull DD out of school for that. We did a quick last minute trip in March (RIGHT before all this started), and I went ahead and bought AP's knowing we'd be going back in July, and thinking I could get a 3rd trip in next Feb 2021... we'll see if the AP was a mistake or not.

I'm reading all of you booking for 2021 and talking about all the new things that will be up and running then. Am I the only one thinking that a lot of the things that are supposed to be ready for next year will be at least six months behind? I'm pretty sure with all the parks closed down everything that was in the process of being built are completely shut down for the foreseeable future. Many of the things like the Mary Poppins whatever in the UK that hasn't even been started I can't see being completed by 2021. We are doing a wait and see as we would like to do a trip next year as well. We do have a short trip to Universal at the end of this year.

I'm reading all of you booking for 2021 and talking about all the new things that will be up and running then. Am I the only one thinking that a lot of the things that are supposed to be ready for next year will be at least six months behind? I'm pretty sure with all the parks closed down everything that was in the process of being built are completely shut down for the foreseeable future. Many of the things like the Mary Poppins whatever in the UK that hasn't even been started I can't see being completed by 2021. We are doing a wait and see as we would like to do a trip next year as well. We do have a short trip to Universal at the end of this year.

I think it is more a case we all need something to look forward to. Time enough for reality of these trips next year.

Love your optimism! While we are convinced we'll have to cancel our July trip, DH still wants to hold on a little longer while I'm ready to book July 2021 and move on... Looking at the positive like you that it'll be the 50th anniversary and all that has to offer!

And this means even more saving for even more souvenirs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter