"Let's Ride Every Ride in WDW" - The Trip Where Everything Went Right (April 2018)

1) Most park tickets are transferable. While the ticket was connected to my wife's MDE account, it was just a matter of switching it to my daughter. I was able to do this online through MDE, but in some cases you may need to call to get it done. In any event, you should be able to transfer tickets between members of your party if you want. There may be some kinds of tickets that cannot be transferred, but I believe that most can.

2) There is no such thing as getting too hung up on logistics for me ;) I live for this stuff.

Could've sworn Disney tickets were nontransferrable but I'm glad it worked to be able to follow along on the story!! I was actually just listening to a podcast of women who did 46/47 in one day with Parkeology and it blows my mind!!

Could've sworn Disney tickets were nontransferrable but I'm glad it worked to be able to follow along on the story!! I was actually just listening to a podcast of women who did 46/47 in one day with Parkeology and it blows my mind!!

I think I may have seen the video of her and her friend's attempt. We're they the ones who got to 7DMT like 2 minutes after it closed, costing them the 47? If you have a link to the podcast, I would be interested. Thanks.

cinderEA, I checked into it, and it turns out that we're both right. Once you start using a ticket, it does become non-transferable and can only be used by that person. But before you use the first day, it can be transferred. So I guess the key is to only start using a ticket if you know you will finish it.

In our situation, my wife was supposed to come with us back in November and had a 4 day ticket, but ended up having to stay for work. She did join us for the last park day, but she did not use her 4 day ticket for it. We also had a ticket for her to MVMCP for a night she was not there, so I went to Guest Relations and traded that ticket for a one day park ticket (they were nice and didn't make me pay the modest price difference). So she used that one day ticket for her one day in the parks with us, preserving the 4 day ticket for future use. Because she had not started using it, it was transferable to my daughter. Thus why it was so easy for me to do so with a few clicks on MDE.

So, unused tickets are transferable, partially used tickets are not. Sorry that I spoke too broadly earlier, but was just going off my personal experience.

Last edited:
cinderEA, I checked into it, and it turns out that we're both right. Once you start using a ticket, it does become non-transferable and can only be used by that person. But before you use the first day, it can be transferred. So I guess the key is to only start using a ticket if you know you will finish it.

In our situation, my wife was supposed to come with us back in November and had a 4 day ticket, but ended up having to stay for work. She did join us for the last park day, but she did not use her 4 day ticket for it. We also had a ticket for her to MVMCP for a night she was not there, so I went to Guest Relations and traded that ticket for a one day park ticket (they were nice and didn't make me pay the modest price difference). So she used that one day ticket for her one day in the parks with us, preserving the 4 day ticket for future use. Because she had not started using it, it was transferable to my daughter. Thus why it was so easy for me to do so with a few clicks on MDE.

So, unused tickets are transferable, partially used tickets are not. Sorry that I spoke too broadly earlier, but was just going off my personal experience.

Like I said, I most certianly got caught up in the minutia of the initial posting, so I appreciate the thorough search, that makes total sense!! hahaha

Yep I believe we're talking about the right ladies because I was so crushed for their last ditch ride 47 efforts. @Greg Lembrich and other interested posters, they spoke on the DoleWhipped podcast last week, episode 187.

Like I said, I most certianly got caught up in the minutia of the initial posting, so I appreciate the thorough search, that makes total sense!! hahaha

Yep I believe we're talking about the right ladies because I was so crushed for their last ditch ride 47 efforts. @Greg Lembrich and other interested posters, they spoke on the DoleWhipped podcast last week, episode 187.

Yes, these are same ladies. Here is a link to the video they made chronicling their attempt:

What an amazing trip report so far! My dad and I are besties (even though I’m 34!) so I really loved reading this. I’m so impressed with the research and plans and the way you were able to able to adjust your plans according to the weather. I’m learning a lot from this so thank you! You have a great writing style with lots of details that I didn’t need pictures on the parts you were too into the tour to take pictures. Sometimes, it’s best to be in the moment!

What an amazing trip report so far! My dad and I are besties (even though I’m 34!) so I really loved reading this. I’m so impressed with the research and plans and the way you were able to able to adjust your plans according to the weather. I’m learning a lot from this so thank you! You have a great writing style with lots of details that I didn’t need pictures on the parts you were too into the tour to take pictures. Sometimes, it’s best to be in the moment!

Thanks! I'm enjoying writing the report and reliving all the great memories. I hope that my daughter and I are still close when she is in her 30s, but right now I just wish I could freeze her at 7 for a while. She is growing up too fast. This was our longest daddy-daughter trip yet, and we've already starting planning Disneyland for next spring break :)

Thanks for sharing. We’re going in June and bringing my daughter’s friend who’s never been and wants to ride almost everything so it’s great to see it’s possible!

Love, love, loving your report! Your planning is awesome but the best part is the time that your spending with your sweet girl! My son is 19 and still loves WDW just as much as he used to! We still have a blast on our trips! My husband doesn't share the love but is happy for us to go! Great job Dad! These are times she will always remember and cherish!!

Love, love, loving your report! Your planning is awesome but the best part is the time that your spending with your sweet girl! My son is 19 and still loves WDW just as much as he used to! We still have a blast on our trips! My husband doesn't share the love but is happy for us to go! Great job Dad! These are times she will always remember and cherish!!

Yes, this is definitely a trip that both of us will always treasure. So cool that you and your soon are still going and have a great time. Thanks for following along!

What a great trip!!! Thank you for posting. I was reading it with my kids - they are older now but we still have so much fun going to Disney. We love reading trip reports. We have never done the HEA Dessert Party - and now my girls really want to go. Thanks for the review.

This is such a great report and what a fun trip. We have been 5 times and haven't done all the rides. Thinking about trying to do this when we go in May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter