Lets see just how many empty nesters

HUFF590

DIS Veteran
So is there a need in the future for maybe an adults only area in DVC? (just for fun)

I don't think so really. My kids are 23 & 25, but I enjoy watching the little brats... just kidding... they're all angels. Although, it has been nice on the ship to have an adult pool. That might be nice at the resorts.

We would like an adults only area, but we have no complaints with the way things are now.

My wife and I usually eat later dinners at some of the better restaurants. This is almost like an adults only thing, as there are not many kids at the Yachtsman Steakhouse at 9:00. :smokin:

MG

Empty nester here, and I for one love watching all the little ones enjoy the magic! I even enjoy watching them when it's not so magical! The only time I think to myself that there should be an adults only area is when there are families who are obnoxious....that is the whole family though...the parents don't get along, the kids don't get along, and everyone is just pushing each others buttons...and annoying the rest of the guests. And, actually, when you think about it...all those empty nester have an adults only area...their room!

My baby is turning 21 in a few weeks, but we love watching the little ones....except when they're having a meltdown (and that's usually not their fault!)

Empty nesters here and a pool area would be nice.But both of our kids are trying to start there own families and a pool area won't matter then but more points would:goodvibes

Do "Never had a nest" people count?

I would love to see some areas for adults only. Or "family only" rooms at restaurants!;)

Almost empty nesters here, too. 'Kids' are 26 and 25 - though both still live at home. We go to Disney to get away from them!
I see no need for an adults only area. I enjoy watching the little ones express their joy and excitement as they experience the magic.

Empty nester here, and I for one love watching all the little ones enjoy the magic! I even enjoy watching them when it's not so magical! The only time I think to myself that there should be an adults only area is when there are families who are obnoxious....that is the whole family though...the parents don't get along, the kids don't get along, and everyone is just pushing each others buttons...and annoying the rest of the guests. And, actually, when you think about it...all those empty nester have an adults only area...their room!

Empty nesters here too. One of our fondest memories at OKW on a recent visit was listening to the little princess (she was dressed at Cinderella) below us at 7:00 am every morning calling, "Wheerre aahh yooooo, geeeese?" It was so cute!

I know this will sound crazy...but I have 4 kids (and no...that's not the crazy part. Wait for it...) Even though I have 4 kids, I don't always love other people's kids...(Usually though not due to the kids but rather the parents that seem oblivious to their precious little "sally" hitting other kids or doing things they shouldn't be doing....please don't flame me yet..I have a point) Anyway, at WDW, I LOVE to see all kids react to characters, parades, and all the other magic...I don't see that it is necessary at Walt Disney World to have adult only areas. Adults can go to PI in the evening or do a late ADR. I can't imagine that Walt would have wanted to separate them in HIS world that he created primarily so that adults and children alike can enjoy it together....I think that's the way it should be.:goodvibes

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."
~Walt Disney

I don't particularly mind being around kids at Disney. It's the one place I can enjoy the little miscreants. Now when I'm at home and trying to work or clean, that's when they can grate my nerves. But on vacation I'm such a big kid myself that kids are more relatable.

the only time that I don't want kids around is when I want to go into the hot tub.:dance3: But, as a retired teacher, I usually just use my teacher voice to say, "Please go and visit the pool while I am in the hot tub". Oddly enough, it usually works!;) But, the rest of the time, I like having kids around.:grouphug:

Almost empty nesters here. DS, 25, is moving out this summer. He farms with us. DD, 22, has just moved home and will be teaching in a nearby school district. DS doesn't get to travel with us very often as either DH or DS needs to be home on the farm. On the other hand, DD is always ready and willing to go with us if invited.

We don't mind not having adult only areas at WDW. We enjoy watching the little ones awe and wonder at the magic of Disney and look forward to sharing that someday with grandkids. What I don't like is the "adults" who scream and holler at their kids because their kids are screaming and hollering. I wonder where they learned how to do that?????? Thankfully, they are a minority!!!!

Donna

Sometimes I wish that the quiet pools were adult only. There are some parents who do not monitor their kids' behavior well at the pools and I like to relax and read when I am at the pool. But I realize that it kind of goes with the turf, so, no, I can't see DVC ever making adults only areas.

Do "Never had a nest" people count?

Never had a nest here too!

I actually enjoy seeing the kids and families having fun. I wouldn't mind an adults only floor though. We splurged {big time for us}, for a couple of nights at GF and the kids playing {screaming and running} up and down the hall was much more than I thought it would be.

I also wouldn't mind a few more different tours, not that kids couldn't come but it does ruin the magic for them.

We're empty nesters. I had an adult only experience this morning at VB, had the pool to myself from 8 - 8:40ish when I had to get out to pack and leave.
We often enjoy early mornings in the pools alone, or just with the group we're with. Yes, I do like it then, but don't expect it.

Bobbi:goodvibes

DH and I got married late in life- no kids for either of us. Still, we have no need for "adults only" space at Disney. We enjoy seeing the kids have fun. And even the ones who aren't so much angels are fine because we just look at each other and agree how lucky we are that we don't have any of our own!

We took the Disney cruise last December and never used the adults only areas on the ship even once. I guess we felt no need to "get away" from anyone.

We are coming up on the empty nest for the second time - two of the kids are in their 30's and long gone. The youngest is now 16. We can envision the time when she won't come to WDW with us - one reason I added on two 100 point contracts instead of a single contract this spring is so that we can gift one to her at some point (like when she has kids). We don't really see a need for adults only. We enjoy watching the little kids and are hoping to take grandchildren with us someday. Kids in the restaurants don't bother us. We tend to eat later now when there aren't as many young kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter