Lets see just how many empty nesters

Empty nesters here. Son (32) and daughter (27) are both out on their own now. We're flying out to WDW this afternoon and this will be the first trip in a while that we're not taking anyone with us. I am looking forward to a nice week with just DW and myself. Hopefully sooner or later either DD or DS will give us some grandkids that I can take to WDW but it seems to me that for that to happen they have to first meet someone to go out on a date with :rotfl:.

Ours "flew the coup" long ago (38 and 32), but now there are grandkids to consider, so is the nest ever REALLY empty?

I like watching the little ones enjoy the "world", but I am constantly amazed at how rude some families are. It isn't the kids who are the problem either. It's whole families who think THEIR experience is more important than inconveniecing everyone else. You see it in lines, you see it at restaurants, you see it at shows. It has definitely gotten worse in the last few years. Folks just aren't as polite or considerate as they used to be.

We're empty-nesters but we usually re-stock the nest with grandchildren on each trip.

Quite frankly, if we consider PI to be an example of an essentially adults only area, I would have to say absolutely not. I'd much rather be subjected to whining children than adults who don't know where the limit line should be drawn.

I somehow don't envision any "adults only" designated area being filled entirely with peaceful, quiet people enjoying novels or engaging in the serenity of meditation (napping). One or two mis-behaving adults is worse than a pool-full of bellowing children, IMO.

We have a 19 year old and is away from home most of the time :banana: I`ve never felt other kids have impacted on my enjoyment at WDW, in fact some of the best moments have been seeing their joy.
Then again we`ve never been in a room next to a noisy family - so its possible I might change my mind!

We would like an adults only area, but we have no complaints with the way things are now.

My wife and I usually eat later dinners at some of the better restaurants. This is almost like an adults only thing, as there are not many kids at the Yachtsman Steakhouse at 9:00. :smokin:

MG

I know what you mean at the Steakhouse. We were there one time early and there was a party of three young couples with small kids totally out of control. The kids kept coming to our table. No matter how we tried to chase them away they kept coming.

I finally went over and asked them if I could have my bill presented to them for payment.

Not only did the kids come under control the group was extremely quiet until they left.

If Disney Cruise Lines can offer adults only areas on the ship, I guess DVC could. However, I don't see them doing it.

Ours "flew the coup" long ago (38 and 32), but now there are grandkids to consider, so is the nest ever REALLY empty?

I like watching the little ones enjoy the "world", but I am constantly amazed at how rude some families are. It isn't the kids who are the problem either. It's whole families who think THEIR experience is more important than inconveniecing everyone else. You see it in lines, you see it at restaurants, you see it at shows. It has definitely gotten worse in the last few years. Folks just aren't as polite or considerate as they used to be.

And... you see it at the pools. And it is the kids not being supervised by the parents.

Even though we should be empty nesters at this stage, we have a full house. People are in transition here. And I have a granddaughter, just born this March. I will definitely enjoy watching her romp around WDW. So I am okay with an occasional adult vacation, with just the DW and me. In fact, we're doing that next May!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter