Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As I shared, they will not go beyond confirmed that in December the current plan was PVB, but every person I have interested with has not gone beyond that and also made sure I understood that it as said “the plan right now” so it was subject to change.
This echos the conversation I had recently with my guide. We also discussed the internet hearing what the internet wants to hear.

I'm back from my latest stroll through the comptroller's database and here are the last 4 DVC direct VGF sales before the DBPR approved the amendment to the license on 7/16/21.

7/1/21 100 points in 2E @ $250 pp
6/30/21 25 points in 3A @ $250pp
6/21/21 150 points in 3A @ $250pp
6/7/21 200 points in 4A @ $250pp [FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS - OUCH]
If same pattern holds, we may be looking at an April 1 timeframe for the timeshare license approval.

That date would be fitting for 2 reasons:
  • Weird Disney information
  • PVB opened April 1, 2015

If same pattern holds, we may be looking at an April 1 timeframe for the timeshare license approval.

That date would be fitting for 2 reasons:
  • Weird Disney information
  • PVB opened April 1, 2015

So what we need to see is an extension to PVBs license and then we know PVB is involved.

If it is a new license then it won’t be part of PVB? Or it still could be?

So what we need to see is an extension to PVBs license and then we know PVB is involved.

If it is a new license then it won’t be part of PVB? Or it still could be?
It can be part of PVB but with an entirely new plan. I have to go grab the exact language; I haven't looked at it in a bit.

It can be part of PVB but with an entirely new plan. I have to go grab the exact language; I haven't looked at it in a bit.

I know it can be a new vacation plan which is why I am hesitant to assume anything.

But, if it’s an extension, we know it will involve it in some way, correct?

If it’s a new one though, that means it’s not going PVB? Or it still could just under a different plan?

Basically, does one situation over the other help us know anything more than we do now?

I know it can be a new vacation plan which is why I am hesitant to assume anything.

If it’s a new one though, that means it’s not going PVB? Or it still could just under a different plan?

Basically, does one situation over the other help us know anything more than we do now?
so my understanding, and I could very easily be wrong, is that there are three items required. #1 the developer [we all know it's Disney] #2 the managing entity & #3 the component site ............ PVB can be the component site, but DVC 2.0 can be the managing entity. This doesn't automatically entitle people to what they are assuming it does. That's my best guess ... it's like col. mustard - in the dining room - with a candle stick. I'll go pull the VGF amendment and see what it looked like.

Last edited:

VGF is the flagship resort.... I don't see the points charts being too much higher than the flagship. Not just because it is the flagship but also because:

1. Number of dining options
2. Walkability to MK
3. Amenities that are different than other properties (i.e. bathrobes)
Tend to agree. For the most part I think points charts will be within 5 points (plus or minus) of Grand Floridians' standard view points chart for an entire week. Where I think we could see a significant increase over VGF is in the Poly tower's theme park views. I won't be shocked if these are 35+ points more per week than VGF's lake view/theme park views. ie: if a 2 bedroom lake view at VGF costs 400 points per week, then Poly theme park view very well could be 435-460 points per week.

I'll even go one step further and say that I won't be shocked if they lower the points at the bungalows in order to put an even larger premium on the Poly theme park view rooms, while simultaneously making the bungalows more on par with the cabins at copper creek.

Last edited:

I don’t believe an amendment guarantees PVB. As others have posted, they could possible assign (or whatever is required to avoid lawsuits in any state) to the trust and then sell it that way. If they opt this direction, I feel terrible for the guides because it will require them to try to explain what all the legal gymnastics mean.

Many things are possible, but there is certainly smoke leaning towards PVB.

A new association guarantees it is not PVB.

The fact someone claimed their guide showed them documentation saying 2 different associations, to me indicates either the timeshare licenses WILL be different associations or why the person saw or wrote was not true.

I don’t believe an amendment guarantees PVB. As others have posted, they could possible assign (or whatever is required to avoid lawsuits in any state) to the trust and then sell it that way. If they opt this direction, I feel terrible for the guides because it will require them to try to explain what all the legal gymnastics mean.

Many things are possible, but there is certainly smoke leaning towards PVB.

A new association guarantees it is not PVB.

The fact someone claimed their guide showed them documentation saying 2 different associations, to me indicates either the timeshare licenses WILL be different associations or why the person saw or wrote was not true.
Unfortunately, some internet testimonials are right up there with gas station sushi in my book. Unless someone personally knows this individual that claims to have seen the documents with two associations, I'm not sure it isn't some attention seeking behavior. That's a very big claim.

Last edited:
IMG_3611.jpeg
Can we speculate what is on the top floor? (or 2)
My first thought was a Grand Villa, but it doesn’t seem right? Is there any indication out there of what is what yet?
GV, Dining, 2bdrm, Lounge?

Yes that’s exactly what I was thinking. Maybe once the balcony’s get installed it’ll make more sense.
Awhile back, Disney submitted some paperwork showing 1 or maybe it was 2 floors. Someone analyzed that information and used it for all but the top 2 floors. They counted 262 rooms. Disney has indicated 270 keys, so it is highly likely there will be 8 rooms on those two floors. Do they have room for 8 two story GVs? Could it be 4 GVs and 4 other rooms on that floor?

Something I just realized with the overhang. I believe the wider area is the direction storms typically come from. We experienced hurricane bands while there and the winds and rain definitely came from that direction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter