• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m convinced it’s a club lounge with fireworks view, which will sell more points. DVC wants to sell points at their new high end Poly Tower. Everything will be deluxe+ imo.
ETA: the buy in, points charts, and offerings will be deluxe+. Get your wallets ready.
But what about the other 3-4 large open areas? They wouldn’t all be club/concierge, right?

I’m convinced it’s a club lounge with fireworks view, which will sell more points. DVC wants to sell points at their new high end Poly Tower. Everything will be deluxe+ imo.
ETA: the buy in, points charts, and offerings will be deluxe+. Get your wallets ready.
I would LOVE for Poly to have a club level. We have stayed at AKL club level multiple times and nothing beats walking out your door, grabbing some food and drinks and then walking back to your room to look at the savanna. Getting food and then walking back to your room to watch MK fireworks would be 👌.
Oh was I thinking along the lines of blue card privilege to pay for these experiences lol, not unlike BLT lounge today.
Blue card access only to the skyliner 😂

Last edited:
But what about the other 3-4 large open areas? They wouldn’t all be club/concierge, right?
The one on the top looks like GV balcony to me. The windows on the top floor look too small to be for a dining location. The other one on the right is still covered in scaffolding, but looks like it could be a lounge or similar. It’s possible one requires a club booking category to access, and one could be with cash reservation/ direct purchase requirement.

I wonder if these floors will be club level, and maybe some of those spaces will be dedicated to that?
I agree.

It matches the conversation a few pages ago. Someone posted the larger viewing area is almost identical to the Hawaii longhouse club level. Many Poly guests love the club level and will only buy DVC if there is a club level.

These four opening are across and adjacent to guest rooms reminds me of the BW Inn club room, but with better views.

If you watch this video

Edit:
If I'm seeing it correctly, middle tower monorail view only has 8 sliding door areas while the lake facing has 16 in that middle section.

Cutouts:
  • Lake facing cutout (2x2 studio size) in the middle tower area on floors 5-6. I think this area is left of the elevator shaft.
  • Lake facing cutout (2x2 studio size) in the closer to VGF section on floors 3-4.
  • Monorail facing cutout (2x2 studio size) in the middle tower section on floors 4-5 (roughly the second and third studio area from the GV large balcony).
  • Monorail facing cutout (1x2 studio size two floors?) in the middle tower section on floors 5-6. Second studio area away from the GV large balcony on the other side.

Last edited:
If you watch this video
There is definitely another large cutout on what I think is the 3rd/4th floor lower right. Also appears to be a smaller cutout to the left on floors 5-6. (Both are in the center section of the tower).

Am I correct that these cutouts don't match the same cutout locations facing the lake?
That’s correct. The one facing the monorail is not in the same location as the one facing the lake.

If you watch this video

Edit:
If I'm seeing it correctly, middle tower monorail view only has 8 sliding door areas while the lake facing has 16 in that middle section.

Cutouts:
  • Lake facing cutout (2x2 studio size) in the middle tower area on floors 5-6. I think this area is left of the elevator shaft.
  • Lake facing cutout (2x2 studio size) in the closer to VGF section on floors 3-4.
  • Monorail facing cutout (2x2 studio size) in the middle tower section on floors 4-5 (roughly the second and third studio area from the GV large balcony).
  • Monorail facing cutout (1x2 studio size two floors?) in the middle tower section on floors 5-6. Second studio area away from the GV large balcony on the other side.
Maybe the first bullet is the club lounge and the second bullet is a y-card reservation only (or Poly guest only) bar/lounge?

Not a popular opinion - but I think they are just viewing areas, cool design effects that are just places to just enjoy the resort. Much like the triangular areas with balconies between the wings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter