Lets try this again....a Sept 10 PTR - UPDATED 11/18 - NEW Trip Review POSTED

Worry not! Leeanne is back! And hopefully things are going to calm down a bit (but I don't count on it! :rotfl: ). I am very happy to announce that I now have an AC unit! When the floods came thru West/Middle Tennessee, I considered myself very lucky, as I had almost no damage, only a bit of landscaping fencing and some dirt wash away. What I didn't know is that apparently, it took out my compressor on my AC unit. We hadn't run the air for a while, because it was still cool enough to just use fans, windows, ect. When we went to run it, we noticed it wasn't cool enough, but just figured it need coolant. When the guy came to put some coolant in it, we found out that we needed a new compressor. So we now a brand new unit, and it is finally cool in the house and I can get in there and clear out everything, and clean! Sorry about the length between posts, but I do have some Disney news!

So while we are at Disney this Sept we are going to be able to go to the first Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party! We love Halloween so we are super excited! I am trying to find all the information I can and have subscribed to a couple of the threads on here but I want to know, have any of you gone to MNSSHP? How is the party and what types would you give? And does anybody else love Halloween as much as us? We started having some people over two years ago to pass out candy, which bloomed into a Halloween party last year and plans for this year!

65 days and counting!!!! :teacher:

Welcome back! :goodvibes I'm glad you finally have some air!

Yay for MNSSHP! :woohoo: I've never been but I would love to go! I think it sounds like a lot of fun. Are you going to dress up?!

Welcome back! :goodvibes I'm glad you finally have some air!

Yay for MNSSHP! :woohoo: I've never been but I would love to go! I think it sounds like a lot of fun. Are you going to dress up?!

We are so happy we have air! When its 90 degree in Tennessee.....well it makes even the most patient person a little 'short tempered'. :rolleyes1

We both love Halloween and are so excited to get to go to MNSSHP! We are thinking about costumes now. We both want to dress up and are trying to talk my mum into dressing up as well. As of right now I have her somewhat agreeing to be a Mouseketeer! I told her a simple tee, with the Mickey Mouse Club symbol on the front and her name on the back. Then add a pair of mouse ears (which we brought her back last year) and bingo-chango…..instant costume! Now the big thing comes in, how the heck to find a Mickey Mouse Club symbol.

Welcome back!!

I've been doing a lot of MNSSHP research, too!

Wonderful....we may need to share the info across the lines!

I am working on an update now so be on the look out for it! This will be where I delve into daily details!

Well we are at 53 days and counting! So what else to talk about but our daily schedule! Because I am now obsessively checking and rechecking everything! So as a reminder, for the first 7 days I will have my best friend and her family and for the entire time it will be Brian, my mum, and myself.

So my friends are going to drive to Florida two days before our trip, so they can enjoy the beach and the ocean. They will then meet up with us sometime on Sunday, Sept 5, either at Downtown Disney or the hotel.

Brian has decided he is going down a day earlier (Saturday) than mum and myself. He isn’t telling why he wants to go down, only that he wants to go and walk Downtown Disney. I am hoping that he has something that he wants to get…..for me! :rotfl: Lol

So mom and I are coming down on Sunday and have decided that we really don’t want to lose a day in the park so we are going to Downtown Disney! I think this is one of the best places to start a trip with. It slowly gets you into the magic with the décor and some of those shops are wonderful! I can’t wait to show mom The World of Disney store with its fifty thousand rooms and the Christmas shop. I remember the first time I went to Downtown Disney and walked in the World of Disney. I was amazed and more than a little overwhelmed by the amount of stuff for sell! Then I walked into what I call the main room. It’s the one that has the castle with the tv screens in it. I am sure if security was watching they saw my mouth drop open and I just stood there and stared at it. I couldn’t believe the size of it! Even now it still brings a smile to my face and I have to take a picture of it. I also love the Christmas store because they have such unique items there! And Brian found last time that you can bring other items into and have them embroidery on it. My sister is a pastry chef, so he bought her a chef's hat at the kitchen store and had her name embroidered on it. She loved it! And when we went in June, we found a glass shop, with some items I had never seen before!

So what other stores could I have been missing out on? We love the shop with all the art work and large figures and drool over all the pieces. But I am thinking that we have missed some of the shops because of location or just overlooking. We just went into Goofy's Candy Company for the first time in June! How have we overlooked that one!?

Then we have bought gift certificates off www.restaurant.com for House of Blues. We have never eaten here so I am nervous about this. I told my friend and her family about it and showed them a sample menu and we both got gift certificates so now I am hoping that it is good food! Wouldn't be a good thing to start our trip off with really bad food! Please somebody tell me its going to be a good place and that they have decent food?! Everybody is placing their trust in me and I want it to be good!

Hi Leanne! I'm going in Sept too, so I wanted to read your PTR. I LOVE the ring your BF gave you & the pictures of him giving it to you are so priceless! Can't wait to read more.

Hi Leanne! I'm going in Sept too, so I wanted to read your PTR. I LOVE the ring your BF gave you & the pictures of him giving it to you are so priceless! Can't wait to read more.

Welcome aboard! Let me know if you are doing a PTR or a TR and I would love to read it. As you can tell, life keeps me busy, so updates are random but I think that just adds to the charm! It is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get! I love the ring as well and is now the only piece of jewelry I always wear! Earrings, necklace, ect they all change (sometimes daily) but that ring remains a constant. And I know it a cliché but I thought it was a perfect gift, in front of Cinderella’s castle for his princess! :rotfl: Those pictures are perfect! I love the story! :cloud9:

I love starting off at DTD, too! :thumbsup2 And I wonder what Brian is up to, going down a day early :rolleyes:

I love DTD and figure this is a great way to slowly get mom in the Disney spirit! Plus it is shopping....and my mother loves to shop! And I would be very grateful if you could figure out what Brian is up too! Because I am getting nothing out of him at all! :headache: He just says he wants to go to DTD and just look around the shops. Goober

The plans are sounding great; your trip is going to be here before you know it!

You'll have to share any party tips you come up with when you get back!!

The plans are sounding great; your trip is going to be here before you know it!

You'll have to share any party tips you come up with when you get back!!

Of course I will share party tips! I actually think I am more excited about the party than everything else!

So the second day (Sept 6) is our first official park day. We are going to the Magic Kingdom and I can’t wait for this one. The last time Brian and I were there we had a wonderful time, not to mention the wonderful night that Brian gave me my promise ring. I love the pre-show and that first look at the castle is simply wonderful. So we are hoping to be able to see both the stage show and the parade (what time is that parade again? :rotfl:). Then we have reservations at Whispering Cannon Café that night. I had heard a lot about this place and I am hoping that it lives up to its reputation. I am thinking this would be a fun place for dinner the first park day. Then it’s a boat ride back to Magic Kingdom for SpectroMagic (or the Main Street Electrical Parade) and Wishes.

Next day, we are planning on going to Epcot and are really hoping to be able to spend some time in the World Showcase. We went through last year and just walked around and did the KidCot, but we really didn’t spend any time going through each one and didn’t get to see the shows or the entertainment. That night we are going to Ohana for dinner. We have never eaten here so we are really excited to try this out. My plans for the rest of the night are the Electrical Water Pageant from the beaches of the Poly hotel, as well as Wishes. Lets hope it works, I can’t wait!!

I think the party is the thing I'm most excited about too!!

I love the electrical water parade; it's so much fun. Very simple, but a great WDW touch!

Before I jump back into my daily agenda I want to apologize for neglecting you all! I have just got back from a wonderful <note sarcasm> business trip to a state park. Needless to say my updates didn’t happen as the Internet was here….then there…..then here….then there….ect, ect. But I am finally back to civilization! (and enjoying every minute of internet and cell phone use!) And right before I left, this guy hit Brian’s car when he was at work, so we have been working with police reports and insurance, as well as trying to find a new car! But without further ado, here are days 4, 5, 6, and 7!

Our fourth day we are going to Animal Kingdom. I know some people don’t like Animal Kingdom, but I really do. I enjoy the animals and the beautiful foliage. The flowers and flora, oh how it speaks to me! There is just something about this park that I really enjoy. I love Festival of the Lion King and Nemo. Its just so fun! For dinner that night we are going to Chef Mickey’s. This is the one restaurant we wanted to go back to. I know a lot of people have had really bad experiences at but it is one that we had a ball at! Where else would Donald Duck <cue music> shake his tail feathers <end music> right in front of you?! Then we are going back to the Animal Kingdom for Extra Magic Hours that night. We haven’t done evening EMH at Animal Kingdom so that should be fun to see it at night!

Next, we are planning on going to Hollywood Studios! This park Brian is looking the most forward to. We didn’t get to do some of the shows (Lights, Motors, Action) last time and Brian is determined to see it this time! Dinner will be Fantasmic! Dining at Mama Melrose. We love Fantasmic! The show and water and characters….it is just wonderful!

Sept 10 we plan on going back to Magic Kingdom….why? Well why not! We may hop over to Epcot later. We really just kinda go with the flow after we have hit all the parks. We are planning on going to each park twice but if the spirit moves then it moves! Dinner that night is at Cape May Café and then back to EMH at Epcot!

The next day we are going back to Hollywood Studios….I didn’t think we could handle only one day with TSMM! We love that ride (along with everybody in the park!). Also, Brian likes RNRC and I like TOT, so I figure we can split up and go on each! Dinner that night is at Garden Grill. We ‘chased’ those heathen chipmunks around the parks last year and never got to see them! Brian threatened to bring buckshot this year, so I decided that we needed to have a dinner with them, to keep him out of jail! lol

Okay major questions. I thought about posting this on the main page but it has taken me a minute to comprehend this and be able to post it here. Currently we are at 25 days before our trip. My mom and I are in one room, and Brian is in another. We have split the cost of the rooms 3 ways. However, we have just found out that my grandmother is in A-Fib (no idea how to spell that) as well as kidney failure. Basically, her heart isn't pumping blood and parts of it is just quivering, as well as kidney's shutting down. She has been in progressively bad shape for several years, and my mother lives with her to care for her. Mom has said that she is not going if my grandmother is still here. No problems with that, I understand and seriously considered canceling our trip, but my best friend's family is depending upon us to help them out with everything. I know I can change the dates on one room and my mom and I go in the spring, however my question is can I add myself to Brian's room and change money over from one room to the next? Also the free dining promo will end on sunday. Will this affect my ability to change and add people (ie Brian's name comes on my reservation, and mom's goes on his, and we add one more day to the reservation). I know the answers are on here, but honestly I am not thinking clear enough to find them. I know it is coming down the wire but honestly I really don't care. I know we all need a vacation due to other factors but this has just set us for a whirl. I just don't know.

So Brian went to see my mother on Wednesday to see if he could convince her to come to Disney even for a short period of time. She had to see if she could get somebody to stay with my grandmother, and today……..SHE DID!!! Somehow my wonderful fabulous man :lovestruc has convinced my mother to come down for a week!! Weeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am super excited! :banana: So my wonderful mother is going to be able to come down for a week!! Squeal!!! :dance3: So I get my mother for a week ,then my wonderful DBF for a few days. I am so excited!! I took her the new Cricut cartirege and her scrapbook we purchased a few months back. She is so excited and LOVED them!!! Mum is going to fly home on Sept 11. So all the previous stuff involves my wonderful mother! Yah!!!
Okay the rest of the schedule is just myself and my wonderful Brian! Wow I love that man! :lovestruc:cloud9:
Sept 12 we plan on heading to Animal Kingdom and the Hoop Dee Doo Revue. I understand that this is the longest running show and I love shows so this should be good!
Sept 13 is a toss up on which park. We are going to dinner at Boma and I am hoping that are able to see some of the animals on the savannah! Then EMH at Magic Kingdom.
Sept 14 is again any park we want to go to, with dinner at Akershus! Yah, my princess dinner!! Then its MNSSHP! We love Halloween, and are so excited about the party. We actually have a ‘schedule’ for how we want to attack the party. First Snow White and the 7 Dwarves, the Cinderella Carriage, and lastly Haunted Mansion for the special pictures. Of course the parade, and fireworks show! pirate:
Sept 15 I am thinking that because the party ends at 12, we probably are going to not want to get up early, early. But again we can pick our park and just go. This is our last day so we will try to get as much magic in to last us until the next time we are there!
Well that’s the end of it all…..4 days, a party and a wonderful surprise in my mom getting to come! So as of today, two weeks until we are on the plane headed to the most magical place on Earth!! :cloud9:

Yay! I'm happy for you that your mom is coming!

And, you only have 13 days left right?

Finally joining in! I've caught up and am so happy that your mom will be able to join you for a week - yay!!! :thumbsup2

Finally joining in! I've caught up and am so happy that your mom will be able to join you for a week - yay!!! :thumbsup2

Hey Welcome aboard! We had a few panic driven moments but hopefully everything will get cooled down and is now smooth (er) sailing! I plan on turning into a trip/dining review (if I can remember to take pics!) when we get back. Again, welcome aboard!

Hey Leeanne! I'm still trying to get caught up on all of your updates since I've been out of town. :goodvibes I'm so excited that your mom will be coming after all! How sweet of Brian to work all of that out. :cloud9: Your trip is getting so close! Have you started packing yet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter