Let's use this thread to keep track of IGT, OGT and VGT assignments?

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship?

VGT Nov 30 Fantasy

#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room?

11 days

#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get?

5a 10012

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location?

Thrilled

#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?

N/A

#6. How many days before departure date did you book?

70 days

#7. Castaway Club member level?

Gold [/QUOTE]

Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship?
VGT, Fantasy, December , 2013

How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room?
11 days

What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get?
4e

Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location?
Very happy

If you booked more than one room, are they close together?
connecting!

How many days before departure date did you book? 35 days

IGT Dream, 12/5

9 days

11A

Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location?
We are just fine - my friend wanted to experience the magical portholes and it's just a quick 3 nighter!

N/A

How many days before departure date did you book?
About 2-3 weeks

Castaway Club member level?
Gold

IGT, OGT, on the Wonder

11 Days

9B 26** (Deck 2 aft), 10C 10** (Deck 1 Forward)

:( Not happy, feel like we got leftover/undersireable rooms

If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Not even close! I think this is what makes me :sad: Our reservations are linked so I hoped that we would be close especially when I see that there are open rooms still available for purchase

How many days before departure date did you book? 22 days

Castaway Club member level? Gold

OGT Wonder 11/30

5 days

9B

I'm ok, don't feel thrilled or upset. I'm glad we are in the middle though instead of at the front as DD tends to get sea sick with a lot of movement.

N/A

7-8 weeks?

First Disney Cruise

Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Dream 12/5
How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 9 days
What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5C
Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I'm happy. I was kind of hoping for a CAT 4, but for 3 people this will be fine.
If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
How many days before departure date did you book? October 17th for December 5th
Castaway Club member level? Silver

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

VGT on Magic 01/06/14

Cat VGT Stateroom with verandah, 7136

Can't complain! I'm going on a cruise!
N/A

25 days

Platinum

IGT on Dream 1/9, 3 Day Bahamas

12 Days

What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever)
Cat 11 C, Deck 2

More forward than I like, but that's the gamble with IGT.

Yes

Approximately 50

Silver

still waiting for our VGT assignment on the same 1/9/14 Dream 3 night. Surprised to see that you (DisneyChick) got your assignment on a Saturday! I didn't think they assigned rooms over the weekend. I will keep checking all day now.....

I was surprised also since it was Saturday, maybe work weeks are different this week because of Christmas??? I have been checking and re-checking everyday, and this morning both of our cabins were there!

VGT-- Jan. 4 Fantasy Western
12 days prior to cruise
4E Deck 5
Very happy. We had a similar stateroom assigned as a VGT last year and loved it
Booked 50 days in advance
Silver CC Level

VGT 1/9/14, 3 day Dream
assigned 5A, deck 9, forward and port side
happy. was hoping for a 5E or 6A all the way aft but happy nonetheless
assigned 9 days before cruise (on a Tuesday).
booked about 59 days before, the day the cruise went GT
Silver CC level

Finally!

1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT on 1/12/14 Dream
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 10 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5c deck 7 midship
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy with any verandah but of course would have liked higher category.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
About 58

1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT on 1/9/14 Dream
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 8 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 4a deck 9 mid ship
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Super Happy with assignment
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
About 24

IGT Dream 1/12
10 days
11A
Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"?
I'm happy just to be on board, preferred a higher deck and was given deck 9
N/A
around 40
Gold

I have a few questions about booking last minute. I have a four day cruise reserved on June 8 Disney dream with two cabins. They are inside cabins and They were almost $6000 because I booked only a month ago. I have never bookled last minute and I am a little nervous to try it.

Does anyone know if the beginning of June is a hard time to get a last minute cruise? And also when they open the IGT VGT rates do you book them right away or do they get lower if you wait a little Longer? I have read quite a bit of this post so I think I understand that they come out about a month to two months before the sail date? Do you have to book these reservations online or can you call Disney Cruise line?
I guess I am just trying to get the confidence to cancel this reservation and wait till it gets closer to try to get a l better price? Thanks for any help for advice

I'm wondering the same thing. Would it warrant waiting until 75 days out from a June-August sail date? TIA

It's a gamble so booking now or not booking would depend on how much you can stand to not have your plans set.
Things keep changing with DCL over the years so it's hard to predict how the summer will sell.
When there were only 2 ships, you would be gouged in price if you didn't book within the first month that dates were released. Sometimes, the first day of release, cruises would sell out. Specials were so rare it was practically unheard of except for a couple of Kids Sail Free specials once the Dream was under construction. Perhaps people were holding out to sail on the new ship?

Then demand for the Dream was crazy high the first 1yr to 1.5 years then leveled off. Now I see *GT rates for the Dream which 2-3 yrs ago I would never have believed. Then the Fantasy entered service which also had high demand for the first year. So now that they have 4 ships to fill and the new-ship smell is gone they will have to try harder to fill all those cabins.

Overall I've found that when you look at prices across kids' summer vacation (which up here is around June 18 until the day after Labor Day) the later in August you look, the cheaper the prices. The only way we could afford to do Alaska was to choose the last week in August and came home on Labor Day. We were tired the next day but it was worth it. Prices were thousands more for late June & July.

Who knows what the summer will bring? :confused:

I'm looking for a *GT for a 3-nt escape in March but it's just ds13 & I and we're not so picky. I have a dummy date I could use to book if *GT rates never come out but I don't mind playing the waiting game. It was a little bit of torture at first but if we can get a VGT rate for the same as February's, it will be the same price as an 11C with the 10% OBB discount.

That is worth waiting for. popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter