Life After Marathons: A Running/barre3/Coffee/Life Journal

On DME on the way back to the airport. We had fun (yesterday especially was an adventure), but I am #done with Florida weather. I was told it rains for 20 minutes in the afternoon. The closest we got was a 30 minute torrential downpour on Tuesday. The rest of the time was either mad hot, mad humid, or rain on and off throughout the day. Or all 3. We had two nighttime experiences postponed by rain. Not a fan of this weather.

Finally all caught up. Sounds like you had a very fun trip. I was following you on insta and enjoyed seeing Toy Story Land. However, I am sure the weather was miserable. It has been very humid here in MA, I can only imagine what it was like in Orlando.

Finally all caught up. Sounds like you had a very fun trip. I was following you on insta and enjoyed seeing Toy Story Land. However, I am sure the weather was miserable. It has been very humid here in MA, I can only imagine what it was like in Orlando.

Yeah, the weather wasn't so fun ... hot, humid, rainy ... the trifecta of yuck. But we had fun and we LOVED Toy Story Land. Thanks for following along - I'm glad you enjoyed!

More on the trip later, but a few quick thoughts:

- We loved Toy Story Land. Slinky Dog Dash was our favorite, but we loved the whole land. I'd say it's a must-see.
- I don't remember ever having done extra magic hours before this trip. This trip we did morning EMH @ DHS twice and evening EMH @ MK (we would have done morning EMH at Epcot, but I'm stupid and didn't realize it was going on). All three EMHs worked out great for us (the MK one was hard because it was at the end of a long day, but we still got a lot done).
- All we did in Pandora was Na'vi River Journey (and we walked around a bit). It was very pretty, but didn't mean much to us. I'm sure if you like Avatar the land is great, but for us ... nah. Not our thing.
- Thursday was an adventure. That's all I'll say now because I want to save it for the big reveal (although if you follow my Insta stories, you may have already seen the big reveal), but ... what a day.
- The Frozen Ever After line was a hot mess. The ride itself was cute, but not worth the 90 minute wait. I'd do it again with FP+
- Sat on the side for Soarin' Over the World (we were hungry and didn't have the patience to wait to be seated in the middle section - if we hadn't been hungry, I would have asked). Definitely noticed the distortion, but I don't know if that's because I've seen others complain about it. Beth said the video seemed a little disjointed, and I agree - there's no continuity, it's just visiting places.

January's going to be interesting. On the one hand, taking DME without Beth was hard and I can imagine January will be very lonely. On the other hand, I've learned that apparently I stick to the way I want to do things and force the people around me to do things my way even if they don't want to, so doing the parks solo is the only way for me to not feel like a bossy witch. Yeah. So basically, I can do the parks solo and be lonely or find a parks buddy and be witchy (and then be pissed at myself for being witchy). Life is fun.

Also ... I tried to use Tuesday's 18-hour MK day to figure out how I will feel about doing all 4 parks after the marathon. I think the answer is that I might be able to do it, but I'm not sure. It will have to be a game day decision.

So glad you had a great trip!! I really enjoyed following along on insta!

Thank you!
I'm glad you enjoyed following along. I tried to post a decent amount of pictures because I know people love Disney pictures, but I kept forgetting to bring my charger/cable to the parks so I was a little worried about my phone battery. Oops.

Okay, things I need to do this week:
- Figure out if I want to write a full-on trip report or just write up some short daily summaries on here.
- Figure out meal planning. What I've been doing isn't working. I need to do better. But it's hard because I don't control what groceries I have in the house and it's not easy for me to do my own grocery shopping.
- Figure out some other life stuff (budget planning and apartment hunting timeline are the two that come to mind at the moment, but I know there's more)
- Order Annual Passholder MagicBand (no idea what color I want)
- Start thinking about January trip

Glad to hear you enjoyed the new Toy Story land. I'm sure it was crazy busy there, so it's nice to hear it was worth battling the heats and crowds to experience it.

Traveling with other people can be tough. You want to get the most out of your trip since you paid the money and put in the time planning how best to approach everything, and a lot of times the other members of your party have different views on how to do things. I'm sure it'll be interesting for you to compare January to this trip.

Okay, things I need to do this week:
- Figure out if I want to write a full-on trip report or just write up some short daily summaries on here.
I like that you're going to be recapping it somehow! Look forward to reading!

- Figure out meal planning. What I've been doing isn't working. I need to do better. But it's hard because I don't control what groceries I have in the house and it's not easy for me to do my own grocery shopping.
That's a tough one- I have recently been trying to focus on eating whole foods (not from Whole Foods...BIG difference), and the planning has been the hardest part. I'm not sure what your family dynamic is, but if it's just time that keeps your from the grocery store, you could try a grocery delivery service? Good luck!

- Figure out some other life stuff (budget planning and apartment hunting timeline are the two that come to mind at the moment, but I know there's more)
#adulting #bleh

- Order Annual Passholder MagicBand (no idea what color I want)
Purple or Red

- Start thinking about January trip
YAY YAY YAY

So basically, I can do the parks solo and be lonely or find a parks buddy and be witchy (and then be pissed at myself for being witchy)
I'm willing to take a chance on this and hang out with you at a park if you want! I am usually the one who has to plan everything and feel obligated about making sure everything gets done, so I am looking forward to only caring about what I want to do. But I think we would want to do the same things at MK so we could have some fun there together! Just throwing it out there. We have time. ;)

Glad to hear you enjoyed the new Toy Story land. I'm sure it was crazy busy there, so it's nice to hear it was worth battling the heats and crowds to experience it.

Thanks! We mostly did it during EMH, when the crowds were not bad at all, which helped. But I think it's worth battling the crowds if that's the only option.

Traveling with other people can be tough. You want to get the most out of your trip since you paid the money and put in the time planning how best to approach everything, and a lot of times the other members of your party have different views on how to do things. I'm sure it'll be interesting for you to compare January to this trip.

Yeah, this solo trip's gonna be interesting. We'll see how it goes.

I like that you're going to be recapping it somehow! Look forward to reading!

Well I have to do something with all the pictures I took...

That's a tough one- I have recently been trying to focus on eating whole foods (not from Whole Foods...BIG difference), and the planning has been the hardest part. I'm not sure what your family dynamic is, but if it's just time that keeps your from the grocery store, you could try a grocery delivery service? Good luck!

There's actually a Whole Foods on my way home from work ... but I'm not focusing on that either :)
Part of my issue is space, so I dont know that grocery delivery would help, but we'll see if I can figure something out. Grocery delivery would certainly solve the "i hate supermarkets" issue...

#adulting #bleh

Yeah, adulting is the worst.

Purple or Red

Good options! I dont have either one of those! (I have a gray one that I painted purple forever ago, but its a different shade of purple)

YAY YAY YAY

!! One registration is done and people are making plans we have to figure out when we're doing our big coffee get together.

Love the short recap of the trip, but anxious to read more and I'm so curious about the Thursday adventure.

Thanks ... hopefully I'll have something up soon. I tend to take forever with these things, but I've been trying to not bring work home, so that gives me a little extra time.

I'm willing to take a chance on this and hang out with you at a park if you want! I am usually the one who has to plan everything and feel obligated about making sure everything gets done, so I am looking forward to only caring about what I want to do. But I think we would want to do the same things at MK so we could have some fun there together! Just throwing it out there. We have time. ;)

Well we definitely have to do nighttime slinky dog together (I didnt do that this trip because rain). We'll see how much more time you're willing to spend with me after that ;)

Yeah. So basically, I can do the parks solo and be lonely or find a parks buddy and be witchy (and then be pissed at myself for being witchy). Life is fun.

I feel you on the planning. I love having a plan, especially on vacation. For Ireland, I had everything planned out in advanced. Peter told me what he wanted to do, but I came up with the itinerary. It worked out really well as we got to see everything we wanted. And we had some flexibility built in. But we did say we would have a hard time going on a trip with other people that wasn't like a cruise or all inclusive. Mainly because I get annoyed when the plan changes or people don't have the same sense of urgency that I do. We have done small weekend getaways with others and we always come home going nope, that was enough. We could do Disney with my family as we are all on the same page there - mainly I plan, they follow :rotfl2:

I feel you on the planning. I love having a plan, especially on vacation. For Ireland, I had everything planned out in advanced. Peter told me what he wanted to do, but I came up with the itinerary. It worked out really well as we got to see everything we wanted. And we had some flexibility built in. But we did say we would have a hard time going on a trip with other people that wasn't like a cruise or all inclusive. Mainly because I get annoyed when the plan changes or people don't have the same sense of urgency that I do. We have done small weekend getaways with others and we always come home going nope, that was enough. We could do Disney with my family as we are all on the same page there - mainly I plan, they follow :rotfl2:

Yeah, sometimes I can go with the flow, but sometimes it's like "what do you mean you don't want to do it this way? We have to do it this way! This is how I planned it!"
Dealing with other people is super fun sometimes.

I get annoyed going to the parks with others at times. I'm a planner and I'm not so anxious when I have a plan in place. It makes my twitchy when people I'm at the parks with have the attention span of a gnat and are zigzagging back and forth in the parks with no clue what to do. I just love when they won't accept the ride wait times listed in the MDE app and have to walk across the park to see the wait time at the ride itself. I'm looking at YOU BIL :sad2:

I get annoyed going to the parks with others at times. I'm a planner and I'm not so anxious when I have a plan in place. It makes my twitchy when people I'm at the parks with have the attention span of a gnat and are zigzagging back and forth in the parks with no clue what to do. I just love when they won't accept the ride wait times listed in the MDE app and have to walk across the park to see the wait time at the ride itself. I'm looking at YOU BIL :sad2:

Sometimes I zigzag around the parks to go where the wait times are shortest. Especially later in the day when I've gone through everything I planned to do (because sometimes I forget how efficient you can be when you plan properly). But yeah, some people should probably be forced to memorize a map before they set foot in the parks. I don't care if you think the posted 65 minute wait at Buzz Lightyear is probably actually a 5 minute wait (spoiler alert: it may not be 65, it may only be 45, but it's still a lot more than 5). It's still not smart to go there if you're in Frontierland and the wait at Big Thunder isn't bad.
People ...

Some notes from barre3 tonight:
- I planked! Like full-on planked for the whole time (I mean, it was for sure less than a minute, but I never make it the whole plank). Go me!
- I used 2lb weights for the first time today (last class I took 1lb and 2lb, but ended up only using the 1lb). They were fine.
- I felt like I worked harder than I have in a while. It felt good. But my heart rate did not get particularly high, I think.
- I think I need grip socks. I gotta be on the lookout for a cheap (/on sale) pair.
- I should finish my current class package in early to mid-August. I have to decide what I'm going to do next - try ClassPass, get another package, or see if I can get an unlimited monthly package. I gotta think about it.

So ... food. I've been trying to get back on the food tracking bandwagon, but I'm not so good at it. So I'm trying to track everything that goes in my lunchbag before I leave for work and stick to only eating that. To add a layer of accountability, I figured I'd post it here and hopefully that will help me stick to it.

Just to note - this isnt necessarily about eating healthy, it's just sticking to the plan. Once I know I can stick to the plan, then I can work on making the plan healthier.

So, here's what I'm eating today: (not entirely accurate because I just realized I have the wrong cheese there)

20180711_093549.jpg
20180711_093538.jpg
20180711_093524.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter