Lights, Christmas tree's and FAKE snow nowhere else but Disney! New 1.22!

And this is the thing I was most excited about. The Osborne Family Lights! Well after doing some research on the Dis...word on the boards is that they wont be showing this till AFTER Thanksgiving! UGH! I miss it by a week! I'm really hoping that they show it early and somehow I can catch it. The whole thing looks fantastic!!! I can't tell you how upset I am that I will be missing this.

Speaking of the Osborne lights another thing that I've read wont be starting is the Christmas tree lighting at Epcot. I really hope all the decorations are up at least at the resorts and at the parks. I mean they are doing MVMCP so they could at least do everything else. I hope the info on the Dis is wrong or I miss read it.

Last year, when we were at Super Soap Weekend (mid November), they were already setting up the Osborne Lights. Actually, I saw them working on them the first of this month ... so let me rephrase that. At Super Soap Weekend, they had finished setting up the lights. A CM told me that they were going to do a test of them that night after dark and the only thing that wouldn't be working yet was the music. So I think they do turn them on earlier while they are perfecting them, etc.

Hey Cheryl, when were you thinking of going in May. I just checked my AP and it is good to the 16th. Thinking maybe I should squeeze in one more trip (yup I have the disease!)

Last year, when we were at Super Soap Weekend (mid November), they were already setting up the Osborne Lights. Actually, I saw them working on them the first of this month ... so let me rephrase that. At Super Soap Weekend, they had finished setting up the lights. A CM told me that they were going to do a test of them that night after dark and the only thing that wouldn't be working yet was the music. So I think they do turn them on earlier while they are perfecting them, etc.

Thanks so much for the info! I will have to ask when I'm down there. I know super soap weekend is right in the middle of my trip. I was thinking of avoiding that park since I'm assuming it would be so busy and I'm not into the soaps. Hopefully they will be working on it the night I'm there!!!!

Thanks for reading too and welcome to the Dis!

Hey Cheryl, when were you thinking of going in May. I just checked my AP and it is good to the 16th. Thinking maybe I should squeeze in one more trip (yup I have the disease!)

Haha I haven't gotten that far but just looking at the calendar maybe the 11-17. I think it would be fun to celebrate and be there on your actual birthday and when we went this past May the crowds were non existant. So I really think that was a perfect time. Ohhh and need I say the 15 minute wait for Soarin?! Awesome! Let me know what you are planning!

Oh my goodness! Thank you so much for posting those videos! That just gets me even MORE pumped to be there during the holiday season! :)

That totally stinks that you're going to be missing the Osbourne Family Lights! Maaaaaaan! :( I really hope it was just a mis-read!

PS; I started writing my PTR. I should have it up later tonight!

Oh my goodness! Thank you so much for posting those videos! That just gets me even MORE pumped to be there during the holiday season! :)

That totally stinks that you're going to be missing the Osbourne Family Lights! Maaaaaaan! :( I really hope it was just a mis-read!

PS; I started writing my PTR. I should have it up later tonight!

I'm glad you liked the videos!!! I really hope it's a miss read too.

Ohhh make sure u send me a link to the PTR and I will def be reading!

Haha I haven't gotten that far but just looking at the calendar maybe the 11-17. I think it would be fun to celebrate and be there on your actual birthday and when we went this past May the crowds were non existant. So I really think that was a perfect time. Ohhh and need I say the 15 minute wait for Soarin?! Awesome! Let me know what you are planning!

I'll check what the flight/room availability is and let you know!
Only 24 days away from my trip now - can hardly wait!

Wooooo! I finally started it!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1963355

I promised that I'd give you the link. So, there ya go!

All checked in! :thumbsup2

I'll check what the flight/room availability is and let you know!
Only 24 days away from my trip now - can hardly wait!

Yay let me know!!!!

I can't believe you are only 24 days away! Remember in May when you thought it was forever away? It's finally here!!! (well just about!)

Yay let me know!!!!
I can't believe you are only 24 days away! Remember in May when you thought it was forever away? It's finally here!!! (well just about!)

Flights are a bit pricey but I'm hoping for a seat sale!
It did seem like forever away and now both our trips are just around the corner.
We'll have to compare notes about the not planning everything difference (I don't know where I'm going to be when :scared1: or where I'm eating) I'm looking forward to going with the flow.

Hopefully if you decide to go in May our dates will overlap a bit and we can have a mini-Dis meet. :goodvibes

Ohhhh yay! I forgot when your exact dates were! I'm about 90% sure I'm going to go then. I want to go before my AP expires and May is such a perfect time to go!

Flights are a bit pricey but I'm hoping for a seat sale!
It did seem like forever away and now both our trips are just around the corner.
We'll have to compare notes about the not planning everything difference (I don't know where I'm going to be when :scared1: or where I'm eating) I'm looking forward to going with the flow.

Hehe wow you are fast! I hope there is a seat sale for you so you can come!

I'm really looking forward to it too. It's so hard for me to just sit back and not plan. I hope I don't break as it gets closer and make a schedule. :upsidedow

Alright guys so I've still been surfing youtube and I found this awesome video that I thought you guys might really like. It's from google earth and what it is is a virtual walk through of the MK! Well it starts out in front of the gates and goes down main st, over Cinderella castle and into Fantastyland. It really is very very cool! Here is the link if you would like to check it out...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wmdCeFUQH4

In other news I'm going to be ordering my MVMCP ticket this week! As much as I hate snow (living in NH we get a TON of snow) I'm looking forward to the (fake) snow on Main St!!!

Hope you all have a great weekend!!! 47 days to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter