Linda's goal = Lose wt + 1/2 marathon 09(encouragement welcome)

momof2minnies

DIS Veteran
I started this again on Aug 20th, I started running, only a 1/2 mile, walking 4 or 5 and do the elliptical for 30mins.In a week I lost my first 7 lbs., mostly water I am sure. The scale did not move again until today, down 3 more. Yesterday I ran 2.1 miles,walked 4 mi. and biked all out for 20 mins. around the neighborhood.I feel great.BP 123/65 P69.I am really motivated right now and Biggest Loser just started so I am competing with them as well.Reading everyone's journals is inspiring!

This morning I walked for 1hr 15 min, boy is it humid out there.I wanted to go for a run but kind of did not feel like it. I made myself go.I started out and about 20 steps in I was on auto pilot and felt great, I actually ran at a faster pace and even added on to my distance. I believe it is almost 3 miles. I will check when I leave in the car later. I also ran on the road instead of the sidewalk and that seems to make a diff. too! I am reading a great book on running for women by Claire Kowalchik- it is great! I am so happy with my progress so far.
Linda

:hug: Way to go Linda!!!! I'm so proud of you! THREE MILES...that's so awesome :). You've made great strides (pun intended ;) ) in your running and fitness goals already. Congratulations on a fantastic start!!!!! :thumbsup2

Keep up the good work and keep us posted as you continue to progress.

Hi Linda!

Just wanted to stop by and say "great job!". Seems like you are VERY motivated to get out there and be active...mixing up walks, runs, elliptical workouts and biking...plus reading a book. Motivation is the biggest obstacle to anything IMO and you've already tackled that like a champ...you are going to be so successful if you stick to your workouts!

Congrats on the loss so far and I have no doubt that you'll be ready for the half in '09 :) Keep us posted on your progress!

Walked for an hour today, felt really wiped out.Took it easy this afternoon and did not want to do much. I even blew off my DD varsity soccer game- I never have missed a game! But around 6:30pm I had the itch to get out and run. I did my 3 mi.and I ran it even faster than yesterday. It was even rainy and breezy!Eating very well and feel better this evening.Love the book I am reading. Does anyone know how to change the battery on a Polar heartrate monitor? I think I left mine on and the battery is dead.
Linda

What a beautiful day! I just came in from running my 3 mi. route followed by my 20 min all out on my bike. My husband said I was doing a great job and my dad was here and said I was going to put everyone to shame.That makes it worth the effort.Later today I will be walking 4-5 miles with a friend of mine.
Had a brownie yesterday because I felt like one but I went right back on track no problem. Will weigh in tomorrow.

:hug: GREAT JOB Linda!! Wow...congratulations on all your success with the fitness goals. You have to be SO proud of yourself.

Biking...running...ellipticizing (is that a word?)...great job with the workouts!! And 11 pounds?? Awesome!! Keep up the great job!

Oh and I answered the Polar question in Amy's journal...you have to send it back to them to get the battery replaced :(

Have a great day!

Boy having the computer gone is a drag, I miss keeping a journal almost everyday-it does make a difference. I am running 3.7 miles at this point, yard work today,maybe I will go out after but I am walking 4-5 miles with a friend before dinner.I am frustrated because I am stuck at 11 pounds and that sucks that the scale is not moving!!!!!!!!

:woohoo: Linda...NICE job with that pace girl (didn't you say you ran 3.7 in 42 minutes?)!!! You are running 11 mpm out there!!! That is fantastic...really really fantastic...considering you just started in August! You have to be so proud of yourself. :)

Make sure you stretch those calves really good if they've been bothering you a bit during the run! And lots and lots of water!!! :thumbsup2 Amazing job. You are going to be so ready for that half marathon in '09. I'm confident. I think you've got some serious speed in ya'!!!!! :)

Hello Linda...

Just wanted to say great job with everything! Don't get too worried about being "stuck" at 11 pounds...those scales have minds of their own sometimes...keep doing your thing and I'm sure you'll keep dropping :)

11mpm!! You should think about doing a local 5k run/walk event...it'll wet your appetite for the half next year and I bet you'd find it to be pretty fun!

Anyway...keep up the great job!

Well today I ran my 3.7 miles in 39.5 mins.,I am psyched! No ankle tightness and I felt good. Had a physical yesterday,with an EKG, my HR was 48-woohoo!The doctor commented right away about how much I must be exercising-I said "Yeah, tell the scale will ya!"I have been eating well and do drink loads of water.
Amy and Scott- Thank you both for keeping me going!!! There is a local 5K I just looked into in town.The terrain says mixed so I am not sure,it is at a park,I believe they will be doing some trail running as well.What do you think?
Linda

Wow Linda...holy cow you are FAST! You are going to be super speedy in that 5K. Definitely go for it :). Mixed terrain means there are probably a few hills but what goes up must come down ;). You'll have no problem and I bet you'll rock the time!!!! Your pace is outstanding. And that HR is amazing! What were you doing before you started running? You have progressed so rapidly in your fitness....were you doing anything before you started running? I'm just so impressed and super proud of yoU! Don't fret about the scale...those pounds will just come off with all the miles you are logging. What is your weekly training like right now?

Have a great week :sunny:.

Today I just ran a mile to check my speed with an ipod, I am better off without it. I find I am trying to run with the beat and that screws me up.Also rode my bike all out for 22 mins right after the run.Then I walked for 4 miles with a friend.The clothes are loose but OMG it must be in the air because on Biggest Loser the are not shaking it up either-they have alot more to go than I do but it is a disappointment.

AMY--just before this I was doing nothing but walking to the fridge!My history is that I had always gone to the gym,running on the treadmill and was addicted to spinning and free wts.Love to work out but got into a slump.
Linda

Hi Linda,

I just wanted to say hi. You are doing an amazing job! I am really impressed and inspired. Don't worry too much about the scale. When it won't budge, you are probably losing inches. Have you checked your measurements? I think they should encorporate inches lost into the BL weighins.

Have a great weekend,
Beth

Computer is finally fixed and home! Now back to journaling. It totally helps to keep me focused.This is the beginning of my sixth week. I have broken the lousy plateau and have lost 14 lbs. so far. I am running 3.7 miles. Last week I ran it in 39:30 then Monday 40:00 and today 38:31.I thought I was a snail today so I kicked it up in the last 1/2 mile or so. Also walking about 5 miles with a friend tonight.
Thanks everyone for the comments and encouragement, it keeps me going! I can hear you all every step I take!
Linda

Hi Linda,

I am impressed. I can't run. My knees and hips can't take the impact, so I am in awe of anyone who runs.

As for you feet being asleep on the elliptical, loosen up your laces just a bit where you tie them. My trainer had told me that since you are not completely lifting your foot, you can loosen the shoe. I noticed today that I tied my shoes like I do when I do the treadmill, and my right foot was asleep when I got off. It is a pain to tighten the laces when I do multiple machines, but I will do what ever works.

I hope you enjoy your walk with friends tonight.

Take care,
Beth

Woah...Linda!!! Faster still!!! I'm so impressed with the progress you are making!!! Great effort :). Forget the half...you'll be training for the full marathon in no time :thumbsup2 .

Today was a good day.This morning after the kids left I did the elliptical for 45 mins.at level 2 at 3.8-4.3.The last 5 mins I did starting at level 10 decreasing by 2 every min.That was great. After that I went out on my bike all out for 32 mins., conquered a huge hill by imagining everyone in Spinning class would be looking at me- I got moving!I checked this hill out to add this distance to my run,it should bring me over 4 miles.Came home cooled off then walked 4 miles with a friend.No scale today.Lots of water but I am very hungry today.
My dtr.(16 year old soccer player)wanted to know why I was running 3.7 miles-"Why don't you just do 4 miles?"she said!!!You try being 41 and let me know!!!To be young again!!!
Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter