Linda's goal = Lose wt + 1/2 marathon 09(encouragement welcome)

Good morning- oh these mornings have been so early thanks to our new bundle of joy! Keepimg her on a schedule is what works best, just like my DDs.

Kat and Cam- she is a Cavashon- Cavalier King Charles spaniel and Bishon Frise mix.OHHHH so cute- I fell in love right away. Her moms name was Makaya so we kept it but call her Kaya.Unfortunately I am not computer savvy and have no idea how to post pictures. I did read about the bell to go out.Right now the bell hanging there would seem like another toy to her wouldn't it? We are using a crate and she has adjusted very well to that.She does her business outside but we do need her to tell us when she needs to go- she is 10 weeks old maybe to young yet?

I am not running this week- it was 103 here yesterday.Even right now the air is so thick it is hard to breathe.Brought Kaya out to play at 5:30 this morning before it gets too nasty again.

Thanks you guys,
Linda

Sounds so cute! As for the training, we had our pup start training to go outside at eight weeks so you should be all set (the younger the better). However, on our first dog we waited until the puppy was older and it resulted in some habits that were very hard to break! Devil dog! ;) The weather has been CRAZY this week!

Kaya,our puppy, is 11 weeks old and we have been training her using the crate.No over night accidents. No poop in the house.We have had some potty spots but mostly have been when I was not home and right on her- yesterday I said Kaya go potty meaning lets go out but she took it literally and she went potty- right then!!!!!!!!!! It was my fault for not saying go out.Had to laugh!

Those of you that have trained a dog how do you get them to tell you instead of you bringing them out - we have been bringing her out every hour except at night.

I know someone used the bell method which I have heard of but honestly that bell would just become another toy to her, I can see it now.She get all revved up and goes after just about anything in the evening.

More suggestions would help, thanks everyone.I am not looking to take her to obedience classes.

Linda

What's the door you're using to let her our like? Can it handle scratching? If so, take her paw and have her scratch the door each time she goes out. Before you know it, she'll be doing it herself. My folks use this method, but the bottom of their door has quite a few scratch marks.

Hi Kat no scratching here- it is a wooden atrium door to the porch. She has barked a few times in the last 2 days sort of by the door, maybe coincidence but I hope not.

No running here for me- between the heat then the puppy, it is off my list for now- of course I feel like a bloated cow and everything is tight.VEERRY UNCOMFORTABLE!

Need to get moving.Ugh!

Linda

This heat is something isn't it? I wonder how long it's supposed to last? We had a two day respite from the heat and humidity, but it's back in force. :scared:

How's the puppy doing?

Hope you're having a nice weekend!:hug:

Not much happening here but don't want to get lost on the boards!

I have never eaten so much junk in my life! Stressed over something I guess- my DD18 leaves for college in 27 days I am thinking that is it.

Hopefully I will be back on track soon.

Linda

Went to see Bon Jovi last night at Gillette stadium- man do those guys still have it!!!!!!!!! WOW! I really don't know how they (Jon mostly) move the way they do for 2+ hrs. He is about my age I give them alot of credit- ok they are making $$$$$ but it is amazing.

Linda

That is so cool that you saw Bon Jovi!:thumbsup2 I've always wanted to go to one of their concerts. :lovestruc

How is the puppy?

Sending a :hug: your way. Have a nice weekend!:goodvibes:

Hey, I've seen you over on Tracy's journal and wanted to stop and say hi. :wave2:

I saw you did the 1/2 in January. I was there also. Are you doing it again in January 2011?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter