Linda's goal = Lose wt + 1/2 marathon 09(encouragement welcome)

Worked Wed and Thurs. Today ran 3.5 in 32:42, a 9:20 pace then did 30 day shred.

Tonight had a monster hot fudge sundae!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linda

Linda:

Please explain "the shread." It sounds intense. With all you do on a weekly basis, that scale should be headed downward (hot fudge sundae or no).

thanks again for checking in on me...I'm nearly at the end of the school year - only 2 1/2 weeks to go.

Laurie

OMG I am so far off track it is not funny- did Expedition Everest and have not run since.Went to Ogunquit Maine after that- needless to say the thing I am best at right now is EATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boy do I feel it, not only have I gained weight I feel gross and uncomfortable.

Ugh!

Linda

Don't worry, Linda. The very next bite is a chance to get back on track. You know you can do this. You've proven that already. Just think of how much better you will feel with every nutritious bite you eat and every ounce of water you drink and every fraction of a mile you run. Remember, we're all in this for the long haul. Don't beat yourself up for taking a break. :hug:

Thanks Cam

Went out yesterday for 3 miles in the dead of the heat-should have known better but needed to get out there. Pace was 9:52, did it in 29:37- I will take it since it has been a while.

Wt yesterday- 164.4

Going out today, not as warm. Planning on 3 again- wt 163.4

Linda

Great job on getting back out there, though I wish you hadn't gone out in the wicked heat. It is 10 degrees cooler here today than yesterday. It was in the high 60s when I left home around 7:30 a.m. and all I could think about was how jealous I am of anyone who could go out for a walk or run on such a glorious morning. It makes me happy to think you might have been out running. Keep on keepin' on, Linda! :hug: :cool1:

Thanks for the continued support Cam!!!

I was out there this am and did 3.1 miles in 28:48, a 9:17 pace, much better and it was gorgeous out there.

Linda

Awesome job on the runs Linda!! Wasn't it great out this morning? Unfortunately, the humidity is coming back this weekend, just in time for my long runs.

So how was EE? All the details please!

We are hanging out at about the same weight too. I have been trying to get into the 150's for a couple weeks now. Hoping to see it this weekend. I am trying to get to 145 by the time I leave for DL.

Have a great day!

I'm late (very late in fact), but I'm here!

You are in fantastic shape! I'm jealous!!

Seriously, good job! :cheer2:

Thanks Kat you too!

Ran 3.1 today in 29:41, a 9:34 pace- ugh! Slower than Wed.but that tends to happen to me after a work day becuase I can't drink and I feel it.

Linda

3.1 today before the heatwave starts- a week of 90+

Did it in 29:09, a 9:24 pace. Too many bread sticks at Olive Garden last night will slow ya down-HA!HA!

Linda

OMG! We got a puppy yesterday- never had one before.Anyone out there have experience with potty training and the biting/teething issue.It has only been a day, I think we are doing OK but looking for other info.

Linda

OMG! We got a puppy yesterday- never had one before.Anyone out there have experience with potty training and the biting/teething issue.It has only been a day, I think we are doing OK but looking for other info.

Linda

Congrats on the puppy!!!! What kind did you get?

As for potty training - consistency. We keep a bell tied to a string by our back door. When we were training out pup we would ring the bell each time we went outside. By the third day he was rining it to go out with his paw. Biting/teething will take some time - until all the baby teeth fall out. Tell the pup no firmly, but don't worry - it's natural for them to do this when they are still with baby teeth. Pics please!!

Oh, Linda! I am so happy that you have a new family member! Furbabies are so sweet. Would LOVE to see pix! I hope you aren't going to run in this wicked heat this week. Take good care of yourself and drink lots of water or sports drinks. :hug:

Good morning- oh these mornings have been so early thanks to our new bundle of joy! Keepimg her on a schedule is what works best, just like my DDs.

Kat and Cam- she is a Cavashon- Cavalier King Charles spaniel and Bishon Frise mix.OHHHH so cute- I fell in love right away. Her moms name was Makaya so we kept it but call her Kaya.Unfortunately I am not computer savvy and have no idea how to post pictures. I did read about the bell to go out.Right now the bell hanging there would seem like another toy to her wouldn't it? We are using a crate and she has adjusted very well to that.She does her business outside but we do need her to tell us when she needs to go- she is 10 weeks old maybe to young yet?

I am not running this week- it was 103 here yesterday.Even right now the air is so thick it is hard to breathe.Brought Kaya out to play at 5:30 this morning before it gets too nasty again.

Thanks you guys,
Linda

Linda, congrats (I think;) ) on the doggie!! We love our Rex, he is just the best dog ever. Don't know what we did without him.

I was a bit under the weather this morning, so I was going to do my 4 miles on the mill. Thought to myself, hey, I'll do intervals since I am inside. Got 2 miles done before I had to quit, just not happening with the upset tummy and lack of sleep due to the heat. I have a 3 mile tempo run for tomorrow, I will be outside for that at 5:30am. Hoping for some relief in the heat for the weekend, though this is my "rest" week with only 6 on Sat and 3 on Sun. Then we start ramping back up for the half at DL.

Stay cool and hydrated, keep the dog inside too and make sure she gets plenty of water.

Congrats on the puppy!:dogdance: We got a puppy a few months ago too. It's been a long time since we had a puppy. I forgot how to train them! LOL! :laughing:

Did you say 103?!?!?!?:eek: We've been in the lower 90's here and I thought that was hot!:scared: It's quite a heat wave, huh? Hope you're able to stay indoors in the a/c most of the time. :hug:

Hope you have a nice evening!:goodvibes

Linda - -It hit 102 here yesterday, so I know how hot it must be where you are. I am so glad you are being smart and not running in this heat. Kaya sounds adorable!! You should take some pictures and upload them to photobucket or one of those other on-line image storage sites (free) and then we will (selfishly) tell you how to share them here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter