LINK TO MY TR POSTED 10/30 - I'm Ali & I'm Addicted to Disney Planning - Oct '10 PTR

Simba22

DIS Veteran
How We Got Here: Part 1

I debated for weeks about writing a PTR for our upcoming trip. I have done 4 TRs so far and I although it says I get a lot of "views," I tend to feel like I'm talking to myself for the most part.

But something is telling me that I need to do another TR so here I am....

For some reason, the title I used was stuck in my head for as many weeks as I have debated writing this. It's literally, how I feel right now. Just when I feel I have everything the way I want it...I change something.

For those that have never read one of my TRs, let me start by making some introductions. My name is Ali, I am 27 years old, and I am an ODP (Obsessive Disney Planner). I don't go crazy with it, like planning bathroom breaks and what-not. But I enjoy making ADRs and looking for extra-curricular things to do (for example we went on the Backstage Safari tour at AK on our last trip).

My boyfriend of almost 7 years is Lumar (pronounced LOO-mar), or just Lu for short. He also responds to “dinner!”, “coffee!”, and “What the H-E- Double Hockey Sticks is taking you so long!?” He is 26 years old.

This is us:
MK8-27.jpg

I should probably mention that we are children who happen to be in our mid/late twenties. We watch Disney Channel, play video games, and collect a random assortment of useless things.

I also have a random assortment of pets. We have 8 rabbits (all altered, living in pairs), 3 zebra finches, and for those of you that read my last TR, you will recall that I was constantly bugging Lumar about getting a dog….We finally got one in March! I know she is DEFINITELY part German Shepherd, but the other parts are debatable. Some people say Lab, I think Border Collie…. Aside from her attempts to herd us by biting our feet and ankles, she is pretty awesome. She is not a barker…more the strong, silent type. She loves to play and chase things, and now I’m rambling so I’ll just say that I really, really, love her (in case you couldn’t tell) and we’ll move on.

Oh…and we both work in a call center doing customer service, and we’re both getting laid off next year. Lumar will go sometime between April – June, and I will go sometime between July – September.

I’m not all that broken up about it.

Seriously.

So anyway…..

This trip started as a sort of "bounce-back trip" for my boyfriend and me. We went in October 2009 (I'm still working on the scrapbook for that trip), and it was a rough time, emotionally. His mom was very ill, having been diagnosed with, and subsequently treated for, pancreatic cancer. To make a very long story short, she was diagnosed over the summer of 2008, treated for 6 months, and then determined to be cancer free. But the chemo and radiation took a huge toll on her. She was in and out of hospice...the doctor's kept saying she was fine to go home, she would get home only to be readmitted a week or so later, every time. While we were on our trip in October, we were constantly being harassed by the hospital staff about her deteriorating condition, and how we should provide them with a verbal DNR. It was not the way we wanted to spend every morning of our first vacation in over a year and a half. She passed away in November 2009.

So here we are, preparing to head back to our favorite place and make up for last year.

So back in February, I booked us for 10 days at Coronado Springs. We check in on Tuesday October 19 and check out (unfortunately) on Friday October 29. We participated in Give a Day/Get a Day, so we only needed 7-day park passes and have one
pass each to get us in for free, for a total of 8 park days.

A couple of weeks after I booked our package, I got a PIN code for 25% off so I called an applied it. A couple of weeks after that, I got a 35% PIN code so I called and changed it to that!

We are kind of looking at this trip as a new beginning…a way to start fresh with a clean slate. Because of that, we are doing a lot of things differently or for the first time.

We would normally always fly Delta, we also normally fly out of Hartford (we live in CT). Last year, we switched to Southwest because they don’t charge for bags…but, we didn’t get to sit together and we weren’t too keen on that. So this year, I happened to be perusing an email from Travelocity with their low fare alerts. This was back in March…I honestly didn’t expect to find anything for our dates yet. But lo and behold…they actually had offers available. So I booked Jet Blue, which does not charge for bags but also allows you to pick your seats. We will also be flying out of the Westchester County Airport instead of Hartford. This, of course, opens up a whole new can of worms, but I’ll get into that later.

We also, normally, fly out on Friday, stay for 9 days, and come back on Sunday. However, it is cheaper to fly out on Tuesday and only stay for one weekend, instead of 2. so that is another new thing for this year. Plus we added an extra, non-park day so I can wash laundry and start packing a couple of days before we head home, bringing us up to 10 days.

This will be our 2nd time at CSR. We stayed there in 2007 and we are really looking forward to the newly renovated rooms.

This is also the first time that I have requested a specific building. I requested Ranchos Building 7B so that we are close to a bus stop, a quiet pool, and the laundry room. I couldn’t care less about being close to the Dig Site or the main building. I’m in Disney World, I expect to do some walking!

So…the night I booked our airfare, Lumar and I were talking about how excited we were and how we really wish my brother, Mike, could come with us (he lives with us). He has been to WDW 4 times, the last time being our trip in 2007. We decided that we were going to ask him if he wanted to come, and if he could not afford it, then Lumar and I would split the cost and take him as a surprise.

Well, a couple of nights later, Mike surprised us by blurting out “By the way, I’m coming with you to Disney this year.” So I booked him his own room then went to Jet Blue’s website and booked his airfare. I was able to get him seats next to us on both the trip there and the trip back…for $4 cheaper than ours was (and we booked a supposed deal through Travelocity)! Next time, I’ll check their website directly!

Since my brother is in the Marines, I am waiting patiently for the military discounts to become available. If I could save 40% on the room rate and get discounted park tickets…that would be the proverbial icing on the proverbial cake! The discount last year on park tickets was one 4-day base ticket for the military member for free, and a 4-day base ticket for $99 for up to 5 other people. So if they keep it the same for this year, we could get an 8-day pass for $200 each and Mike would get in for free, assuming I am interpreting the discount correctly.

This is me and Marine Corp. Mike back in 2007:

IMG_2786.jpg

He had just come home from deployment (literally, I think he walked in the door 1 week before we left for WDW). Mike just turned 23 in April.

Up next: The circus act I like to call my ADR schedule

Let me start by saying that the schedule in black was my itinerary, including a hopeful ADR list, as of March 31, 2010. I know that even this is a little different than what I originally started with. The changes I have made, will appear in blue.

Keep in mind, we are going to WDW right smack dab in the middle of the F & W Festival.

10/19: Arrival Day
QS lunch - Pepper Market
TS dinner – Bongos

10/19: Arrival Day
QS lunch - Pepper Market
TS dinner – Paradiso 37
MNSSHP
This will be the first time we have done a park on arrival day. We usually head to DTD for the night

10/20: Epcot
QS breakfast - Pepper Market
QS lunch
TS dinner - San Angel Inn

10/20: Epcot
TS lunch – Nine Dragons (added at Mike’s request)
TS dinner - San Angel Inn

10/21: DHS
TS breakfast - Captain's Grille
QS lunch - ??
QS dinner - ??
(Hoping for MNSSHP this night)

10/21: DHS
TS breakfast - Captain's Grille
QS lunch - ??
TS dinner – Mama Melrose’s
(Not doing MNSSHP this night)

10/22: AK
QS lunch - ??
TS dinner - Yak & Yeti

10/23: MK
TS breakfast - Kona Cafe
QS lunch - ??
TS Dinner - The Plaza

10/24: DHS
TS breakfast - Cape May Cafe
QS lunch - ??
TS dinner - Hollywood & Vine

10/25: AK
TS breakfast - Tusker House
QS lunch - ??
QS dinner - Big River Grille
(Hoping for MNSSHP this night or else trying out Jellyrolls after dinner.)

10/25: AK
TS breakfast - Tusker House
QS lunch - ??
TS Dinner - Jiko
I decided that I really need to try Jiko after reading post after post about it's awesomeness.
Not doing MNSSHP this night- possibly heading to the Boardwalk and Jellyrolls after dinner.

10/26: Free Day
TS breakfast - Maya Grill
QS lunch - Pepper Market
CS dinner - ??
MNSSHP

This day is all messed up right now.
Lumar and I decided that we liked T-Rex so much after we went last year, that we had to go again. So I made an ADR at T-Rex for 3:30pm. I figured that would give us enough time to eat, get back to CSR, shower, and change for the Halloween party.

However, I have also now decided that I would rather let the boys sleep in this morning, instead of rushing them out the door at the crack of dawn on our supposed “day off.” So I canceled Maya Grill and changed it to an 11am ressie at Kona.
I then tried to change T-Rex to a 5pm dinner, before heading to MNSSHP. Key Word: TRIED

I figured instead we could sleep in, have "brunch" around 11:30, hit up T-Rex for dinner around 5pm, then head to the Halloween Party.

The problems are:
Kona's last breakfast reservation is at 11am. They don't start searving lunch until noon. Since we are already eating breakfast here, I would much rather do lunch on this visit. So I changed us to a 12pm ADR at Kona.

But I still cannot get a 5pm ressie at T-Rex right now (or anything close to it). The only thing they have available is 3pm, and we’re currently booked for 3:30pm so that wouldn’t help.

As it stands, we have lunch at 12pm and then “dinner” at 3:30pm. I highly doubt we will be hungry again by 3:30pm, so I have to keep checking to see if a 5pm opens up at T-Rex. Otherwise…I will just cancel the ressie at Kona, and we can eat QS from Pepper Market around 9:30 or so.

At some point during this day, I also need to wash laundry and we are hoping to get in some mini-golf. :thumbsup2

10/27: Epcot
TS breakfast - Grand Floridian Café
QS lunch - Kringla Bakeri
TS Dinner – Biergarten

10/27: Epcot
TS breakfast – Considering changing to 1900 Park Fare
QS lunch - Kringla Bakeri
TS Dinner - Biergarten

10/28: MK
TS breakfast - The Wave
QS lunch - Columbia Harbour House
TS dinner - Ohana

So as the title to this PTR states…some things are set, others are still up in the air!

I am really debating between the Grand Floridian Cafe and 1900 Park Fare.
1900 was on my ORIGINAL itinerary way back when. Since we are all adults, I figured the GFC would be better for breakfast as most of the families with small kids would be at the character meal. But according to my new best friend, The Passporter, the average rating at the GFC is a 6 and the average rating at 1900 is a 7. I don't think 1 point makes all that much difference...but I would love some opinions if anyone would like to share.

Not THAT ship. Right now, he is STILL coming with us to WDW.

But he quit his job last week. On the spot. No notice. :scared1:

Granted, he had been looking for a new job for a while…but considering that he pays ½ the rent, cable, and electricity….PLUS his Disney trip is not paid off yet, I am a little concerned.

I told him I understood his situation, but he has financial responsibilities that other people are relying on him to fulfill. He says he already applied for a new job…but it’s about an hour and a half away from where we live.

He avoided us for the next 4 days straight - he slept over at his best friends house for the whole week. This past Sunday, I finally cornered him and made him tell us what was happening. I was really afraid that I was going to have to get a second job in order to cover the bills if he decided to move out.

He says he got the job he applied for, and he is moving in with his best friend, who lives about 10 minutes from the new job. He then tells me, however, that he will continue to pay us his half of the bills until our lease expires in March, and since he will be making a lot more money at this job, he will be able to start paying for his own trip.

I told him that I am nervous that he will start coming up with excuses about why he doesn’t have the money….if he can’t go to Disney, then he doesn’t go…but I’m more concerned about the rent. He told me he will definitely keep paying us, because he understands that this whole situation is not our fault and it wouldn’t be fair to us for him to just leave us like that.

Now, I have to be completely honest. I love my brother and I am going to miss him living with us, but in all honesty…I really need his bedroom. I know it sounds terrible…but our apartment is not all that big, and I really would love the extra space. So, in essence, with this arrangement I am getting everything I want. I don’t have to worry about scrounging for money to pay the bills, but I get to take over his bedroom. If this arrangement doesn’t work out, of course he will get his bedroom back. But in the meantime, I think this is going to work out pretty well.

In other news…I think I have decided to keep my ADRs the way they are. We are already doing one character breakfast when we go to Cape May, so there is no need to change GFC to 1900 Park Fare. If we don’t like it, there is always next year!

OK someone needs to take my Passporter away, seriously!

I always buy all of the Disney guidebooks (the UG, the OG, the Complete Guide, the Passporter, and everything in between) plus all of the updated versions each year when they come out.

I read them all, cover to cover, to pass the time at work and in between trips to WDW.

I've been actually READING the Passporter for the last week and I am convinced that it is the reason I keep changing my ADR schedule.

I have a whole list of places I want to eat at, and just won't have the time to go to. I think I need a longer trip next year when we go back!

We usually eat at Planet Hollywood on our arrival night. We swapped it out for Paradiso 37 this year. I have a feeling I am going to miss my LA Lasagna

We also usually eat breakfast at Boma and Ohana. This year, we opted for Cape May Cafe and Captain's Grille. I already know that I am going to miss the amazing French Toast from Boma, and the whole Ohana meal. It's my favorite breakfast in all of WDW (not that it's all that special...it's just my favorite).

We ate at Tony's for dinner back in 2007 and hated it...but lately it has been getting really good reviews so now I want to try it out again.

We ate at Tutto Italia last year and it was my favorite meal, but we opted for Biergarten.

We ate at Coral Reef also in 2007 and I have been dying to go back, but just haven't had the availability.

We went to the Spirit of Aloha Luau back in 2004 and Lumar thought it was boring but I want to do it again.

I don't even like steak but the reviews for Shula's are fantastic so it makes me want to try it! I also want to try Rose & Crown, Citricos, Victoria & Alberts, HDDR, Mickey's Backyard BBQ, Beaches & Cream, and Garden Grill.

Just too many places to eat and not enough days! I need like 3 weeks at The World just to eat everywhere I want to eat at!

I'm here! :) DH and I will be going to WDW Oct. 2-9. Right now the plan is to stay at CSR but if the room discount is extended for all of the days we are there we are probably switching to AKL CL and dropping our DDP.

I know you already made your decision but 1900 Park Fare was AMAZING. The pecan rolls were soooo good, I think I ate 3 or 4. The freshly made omelettes were cooked perfectly. It was by far the BEST bacon I've ever eaten in WDW. & the strawberry soup is so delicious-I had 2 bowls. Yum.

You flip flop with your ADR's like I do! I actually am very happy with mine right now and I think they will stay like that. I got all of my first choices for everything. :thumbsup2

Yay! Thank you so much for joining! I just left a REALLY long post on your PTR! LOL

1900 is definitely on the list for the next trip...but who knows....I might just change my mind again and end up going this year after all!

Hi Ali, thanks for visiting my trip report! I too sometimes feel like I'm the only one reading my trip report so I am excited to get visitors. Your ADRs sound great! I know what you mean about having more time to eat at all the restaurants I want to. We are only there for 5 days so I am limited in our meals. But I am thinking about booking a few more because...why not?!?! Haha.

Hope everything works out with the living situation with your brother, but it's great he's getting a higher paying job and movin' on up! I could always use an extra spare room too :)

Looking forward to the rest of your plans. I am sort of planning a family trip for 2011 and want to stay at CSR too. :yay:

Hi Ali, thanks for visiting my trip report! I too sometimes feel like I'm the only one reading my trip report so I am excited to get visitors. Your ADRs sound great! I know what you mean about having more time to eat at all the restaurants I want to. We are only there for 5 days so I am limited in our meals. But I am thinking about booking a few more because...why not?!?! Haha.

Hope everything works out with the living situation with your brother, but it's great he's getting a higher paying job and movin' on up! I could always use an extra spare room too :)

Looking forward to the rest of your plans. I am sort of planning a family trip for 2011 and want to stay at CSR too. :yay:

Thanks for hopping over! You and I are both trying to do the same thing...squeeze in as much as possible while still maintaining a sense of relaxation! I'm starting to believe that when it comes to WDW you can only do one or the other! Still considering changing my Tusker House ressie to something prior to park opening...but I can't even change my T-Rex ressie cuz they don't have anything after 3pm available.... I better just quit while I'm ahead LOL

Hi! I am joining in! I am loving your PTR already!

:welcome: Thank you so much for reading! Ooh and I will definitely stop by your PTR tomorrow!

I'm hoping to get in an update sometime over the weekend... I have some pictures I want to post! But right now, I think I have to head off to bed! I went to bed close to midnight last night, then was woken up at 1am by a wicked thunderstorm which kept me up for another 1/2 hour or so...then I got up at 7 and now it's 10pm and I'm so overtired I just laughed (by myself) until I cried....all because the dog made (what I thought was) a funny face... :lmao: I was literally crying and Lumar (and the dog, for that matter) is sitting here looking at me like I've totally lost my mind.

Yep...time for bed!

Thank goodness I have a long weekend...I plan to sleep in on Monday and then scrapbook for the REST OF THE DAY!

Have a good night, all!

Here I am!

So sorry to hear about his mom; that always hits me really, really hard. My mom has had breast cancer twice and skin cancer once, so it's something that is ALWAYS in my mind. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't worry about it. I hope this trip is extra special for both of you and that she throws down some extra pixie dust for you.

Fantastic ADRs; this is our first trip where we aren't really scheduling any. My OCD side is freaking out. DH wants to just to QS since we've never really done any of those the two times he's been with me, and he doesn't remember any of them from his one childhood trip.

I hope things work out with your brother, too!!! I don't know how you shared an apartment, so don't feel bad about needing the extra space. DH and I had a two bedroom and never had enough room, so I definitely understand!

:welcome: Thank you so much for reading! Ooh and I will definitely stop by your PTR tomorrow!

I'm hoping to get in an update sometime over the weekend... I have some pictures I want to post! But right now, I think I have to head off to bed! I went to bed close to midnight last night, then was woken up at 1am by a wicked thunderstorm which kept me up for another 1/2 hour or so...then I got up at 7 and now it's 10pm and I'm so overtired I just laughed (by myself) until I cried....all because the dog made (what I thought was) a funny face... :lmao: I was literally crying and Lumar (and the dog, for that matter) is sitting here looking at me like I've totally lost my mind.

Yep...time for bed!

Thank goodness I have a long weekend...I plan to sleep in on Monday and then scrapbook for the REST OF THE DAY!

Have a good night, all!

Thanks! We leave in 22 days & will be at WDW in 23 days! So close, but yet so far away!!!

I am exhausted too, I was falling asleep while watching Hannah Montana:rotfl:

Here I am!

So sorry to hear about his mom; that always hits me really, really hard. My mom has had breast cancer twice and skin cancer once, so it's something that is ALWAYS in my mind. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't worry about it. I hope this trip is extra special for both of you and that she throws down some extra pixie dust for you.

Fantastic ADRs; this is our first trip where we aren't really scheduling any. My OCD side is freaking out. DH wants to just to QS since we've never really done any of those the two times he's been with me, and he doesn't remember any of them from his one childhood trip.

I hope things work out with your brother, too!!! I don't know how you shared an apartment, so don't feel bad about needing the extra space. DH and I had a two bedroom and never had enough room, so I definitely understand!

OMG NO ADRS!!!!?????? :scared1: although there are some really good QS places...so I think you'll be OK!

Your mom is definitely a trooper! Lumar's mom was too...it was just too much.

Sharing the apartment probably would've been a whole easier if I didn't have 8000 animals...but they are my kids so I do what I have to!

Thanks! We leave in 22 days & will be at WDW in 23 days! So close, but yet so far away!!!

I am exhausted too, I was falling asleep while watching Hannah Montana:rotfl:

I couldn't even start watching it! I saw it was on but even the dog was like "OK ma...it's time for bed!"

I'm here! We are going to the World Oct 2-10 and staying at CBR. I'm loving your ADRs - I can't wait to make ours! Yes, you read that right, we haven't made any ADRs yet. We are travelling with another family and they just haven't had a chance to get with us and plan our days yet. As an obsessive planner(like yourself) I am absolutely Freak. Ing. Out. :scared1: I considered just making some for my family and saying "here you go!" but, I know I'll wait for them because they are over the moon excited to go with us. My plan is to have them done by Memorial day!

Anyway, thanks for doing a PTR, it sure helps pass the time until October!!

Sara

I'm here! We are going to the World Oct 2-10 and staying at CBR. I'm loving your ADRs - I can't wait to make ours! Yes, you read that right, we haven't made any ADRs yet. We are travelling with another family and they just haven't had a chance to get with us and plan our days yet. As an obsessive planner(like yourself) I am absolutely Freak. Ing. Out. :scared1: I considered just making some for my family and saying "here you go!" but, I know I'll wait for them because they are over the moon excited to go with us. My plan is to have them done by Memorial day!

Anyway, thanks for doing a PTR, it sure helps pass the time until October!!

Sara

Hi Sara! :wave: thanks for joining!!

Seriously, you should plan your days, make your ADRs and just be like "this is what we're doing." Have they been to WDW before? Like, do they actually KNOW of certain things that they want to do?
When we took my brother's girlfriend in 2007, I just planned for everything that I knew was a MUST do. Since she didn't know anything about Disney (except the RnRC) so I didn't have to get her input on anything. I made a basic plan and we just mapped it out when we got there. We ended up doing everything that a first-timer should do (except Lights, Motors, Action! ....long story), PLUS we got to do some stuff that wasn't on the agenda that she wanted to do "spur of the moment" (such as stand in line for over an hour to meet Ariel, in the blazing 90 degree heat).

ETA: do you have a PTR??

At this time in 143 days, we will have been in Orlando for an hour already! :woohoo: :yay:

Hi I'm joining! I live in CT as well and I usually fly out of Bradley, but for my recent Disneymoon in May (I have a TR I'm currently writing for it, if you want to check it out...I'll be starting a PTR as soon as I'm finished with my TR!) my DH and I tried Jet Blue out of Westchester. Let me just give you some advice about this airport-get a ride there and back!!! Don't plan on parking long term or you will be paying $25 a day! We parked there for 6 days, from 5/6-5/11 and paid $150 for parking! That is over twice what Bradley charges for long term parking!

Other than the parking, it's an ok airport, it's very small, the waiting area for all the flights and airlines is in one big room, which is weird, and if you're hungry, the food selection is very limited, especially if your flight is very early in the morning (ours was at 6:35 am).

Ok, enough about airports, can't wait to read more of your plans! :thumbsup2

Hi I'm joining! I live in CT as well and I usually fly out of Bradley, but for my recent Disneymoon in May (I have a TR I'm currently writing for it, if you want to check it out...I'll be starting a PTR as soon as I'm finished with my TR!) my DH and I tried Jet Blue out of Westchester. Let me just give you some advice about this airport-get a ride there and back!!! Don't plan on parking long term or you will be paying $25 a day! We parked there for 6 days, from 5/6-5/11 and paid $150 for parking! That is over twice what Bradley charges for long term parking!

Other than the parking, it's an ok airport, it's very small, the waiting area for all the flights and airlines is in one big room, which is weird, and if you're hungry, the food selection is very limited, especially if your flight is very early in the morning (ours was at 6:35 am).

Ok, enough about airports, can't wait to read more of your plans! :thumbsup2

Welcome!! And THANK YOU for the tips!! I have never been to the Westchester Airport and never even knew it existed until a friend of mine from work mentioned that she was flying out of there for her trip to Florida! We are definitely getting a ride there, and I think I will just rent a car to get us home on the 29th...We only live about and hour and a half away, and I can't find a ride home... There don't seem to be any shuttles that run from that airport to CT...and I'm having trouble finding a good deal on a limo. So I'm still working on the trip home. But my mom will be dropping us off on the 19th, we have a direct flight and it leaves at like 11:30 or something but I will definitely make a note in my Passporter to bring snacks for the airport!

I will absolutely hop over to you TR and PTR this weekend!

Oooh and CONGRATS on your marriage!!!!

I'm so happy this is a long weekend for us! I feel like I haven't had a day off from work in ages and in reality it's only been about 2 weeks!

I have a TON of things to do tomorrow (Saturday). Lumar and I volunteer for a rabbit rescue and every Saturday, we go and clean cages. It takes about 2 hours, but it's cool because the woman that runs the shelter participated in the Give A Day/Get A Day program this year, just for us! We've been volunteers there for about 5 years and I thought it was really nice of her to do that for us! I had been trying to get Mike to sign up and come down with us one Saturday to help and he could get a free day too...but by the time he decided they he was coming with us, the program ended. So anyhoo....tomorrow morning we go clean cages.

I then have to stop at the post office, the shoe store (Lumar decided today that he needs new sneakers :confused3), the grocery store (ick :crazy2:), and about 20 other places. I also have to wash laundry :laundy:

Tomorrow night, I have to wrap my sister's birthday presents and my mother's belated Mother's Day gift, and then on Sunday we are having a Memorial Day/birthday party/Mother's Day picnic.

Monday
I can finally sit around all day and do a whole lotta nothing. I'm hoping to make a big dent in the scrapbook that day.

In other news...here is the new bag/purse that I bought for this years trip:

IMG_1443.jpg

My bag from last year has Thumper on it but the handle started wearing out from me using it so much.

Has anyone ever played mini golf at either Winter Summerland or Fantasia Gardens? We want to get in a game or 2 on our free day, but I'm not sure which one I want to go to or how to even get there. Will a Disney Bus pick you up/drop you off? :confused:

I know there was something else I wanted to update and post pictures of but for the life of me, I can't remember now what it is! :headache: So here's picture of my baby, Parsley!

IMG_1461.jpg

Off to La-La Land.... G'night all!

I'm so happy this is a long weekend for us! I feel like I haven't had a day off from work in ages and in reality it's only been about 2 weeks!

I have a TON of things to do tomorrow (Saturday). Lumar and I volunteer for a rabbit rescue and every Saturday, we go and clean cages. It takes about 2 hours, but it's cool because the woman that runs the shelter participated in the Give A Day/Get A Day program this year, just for us! We've been volunteers there for about 5 years and I thought it was really nice of her to do that for us! I had been trying to get Mike to sign up and come down with us one Saturday to help and he could get a free day too...but by the time he decided they he was coming with us, the program ended. So anyhoo....tomorrow morning we go clean cages.

I then have to stop at the post office, the shoe store (Lumar decided today that he needs new sneakers :confused3), the grocery store (ick :crazy2:), and about 20 other places. I also have to wash laundry :laundy:

Tomorrow night, I have to wrap my sister's birthday presents and my mother's belated Mother's Day gift, and then on Sunday we are having a Memorial Day/birthday party/Mother's Day picnic.

Monday
I can finally sit around all day and do a whole lotta nothing. I'm hoping to make a big dent in the scrapbook that day.

In other news...here is the new bag/purse that I bought for this years trip:

IMG_1443.jpg

My bag from last year has Thumper on it but the handle started wearing out from me using it so much.

Has anyone ever played mini golf at either Winter Summerland or Fantasia Gardens? We want to get in a game or 2 on our free day, but I'm not sure which one I want to go to or how to even get there. Will a Disney Bus pick you up/drop you off? :confused:

I know there was something else I wanted to update and post pictures of but for the life of me, I can't remember now what it is! :headache: So here's picture of my baby, Parsley!

IMG_1461.jpg

Off to La-La Land.... G'night all!

I LOVE the bag!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter