Liquid or Powder in your front load washer?

I use pods in my front load HE all the time with no problem, but mine is 14 years old so maybe the old ones use more water?

Liquid for my LG front loader.

Pods in the front loader have not been good for me. They were on super sale once at Kroger, so I thought I would give them a try. They were horrible! The coating on the outside didn't completely dissolve and got stuck on clothing. The first time I though it was because I had a full load. Nope, happened again with a small load. Thankfully, after a rewash, it dissolved not ruining anything but I will not buy the pods again. Too much of a hassle for me. :sad2: Liquid is just as easy imho, it takes 2 seconds to pour it in the tray.

ETA before anyone asks, yes I did add the pod first to the empty washer. IDK what happened, maybe a defective package of ALL pods? Who knows, but at least I discovered they weren't for me.

I don't have a front load washer but I have had this happen a time or two. Not sure why it sometimes will do that, but figure either its a defective pod or it got twisted up in the clothes somehow before it dissolved. It only happens once in a great while though and I still prefer the pods.

But I did notice in my book with my new top load washer that the pods were not mentioned, just powder and liquid. (it also requires HE detergent) I called the number in the book and they said, that its just because the pods should be used just like the direction on their package where the liquid or powder must be put in the little drawer thingy.

I've never used liquid laundry soap in my life. In our front loader we use powder, Nellies from Costco, it's fantastic. Occasionally I will use pods in place of powder.

I wonder if some pods have a tougher outer shell? I cannot use Tide (allergic) but we use All. Maybe it was just the All brand? Who knows. Newer models use less water too, so maybe the combo just doesn’t work for some. Who knows!

With my new front loader I have had no issues with liquid in the tray. My old one would get funky and I’d have to clean it periodically, but not with this one. Yay!

OP, I think you’ll have to experiment to see which one you like the best.

HE liquid only in my front loader since we got it 6 years ago, never had a problem with smell, a mess or slime (gross!).

I used both, but that was more than 10 years ago in an even older machine. I'd go with whatever the manual says.

I use powder Tide for HE washed. I have top load Maytag (new). It can use both powder or liquid. I also use vinegar instead of Downey. Lid always open when not in use.

I use HE liquid as well.

I was having an odor problem at one point, but it turned out to be a valve that needed replacing, not the detergent.

I used to use liquid in my front load washer, then a couple years ago switched to Tide pods. Haven’t had a problem with them not dissolving. I load the washer then toss 2 or 3 in, depending on load size. Use liquid Downey fabric softener, or for towels I use vinegar.

I would go with whatever the manual says. There may even be specific instructions if using powder (if that's ok for the particular machine).

Liquid. Not very much per load is needed. Too much can result in too much foaming, collection of gunk on the outside of the drum, and odor. It is so very important to always read and follow the instructions in the manual.

I use liquid *and* powder for different things. I always run a vinegar rinse after using powder though. Some things just get cleaner with powder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter