List of Disney Stores Closing

Has anyone heard anything definitive on Ross Park, Robinson or South Hills Village in PA? Those are the three malls we go to when shopping in Pittsburgh. All three are on the first list and South Hills didn't make it to the 2nd.

I'd hate to see any of them go. But if they're shutting down, I'll be right by Robinson on Wednesday so I'll stop by while I can.

I did mean Mall of New Hampshire!! Sorry about that.
Of course, that name is really a misnomer. I would think that the mall of the state would be the nicest and or biggest. I find the Pheasant Lane to be a much nicer mall. And it's a lot less confusing to get around too.

Has anyone heard anything definitive on Ross Park, Robinson or South Hills Village in PA? Those are the three malls we go to when shopping in Pittsburgh. All three are on the first list and South Hills didn't make it to the 2nd.

I'd hate to see any of them go. But if they're shutting down, I'll be right by Robinson on Wednesday so I'll stop by while I can.

I just found an article in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that says Century 3, Ross Park and the Mall at Robinson are closing. South Hills was spared. I usually go to Century 3 b/c it's closer, but South Hills is only 20 minutes. At least we still have 1 in our area to go to.

http://www.post-gazette.net/pg/08127/879353-28.stm, here's the link, don't know if it will work or not.

If its true, I think it leaves us with no Disney Store in all of NH. The one at the Fox Run Mall in Newington closed a while ago. Unless there is one at the Mall at Rockingham Park in Salem. At least the Maine Mall store isn't on the list - they are actually closer to me than the NH stores.

And it is a preliminary list. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll spare one of the NH stores!

TDS is closing in Portland Maine too! The one in Bangor was already closed a couple of years ago. Maine is soon to be mouseless :(

My wife wanted to go to Nashua yesterday, so we did. And of course we hit the mall & the Disney Store. It was nice to hear that they were staying open.
We also spent a lot of money for items for our upcoming WDW trip while we were there too.

NW Arkansas Mall was it for us. The only other store even remotely close is a Disney Outlet store in Branson - and I'm not sure that's still open.

DisFlan

Children's Place had bought the Disney Store 4 years ago. Now they are filling bankcruptcy and releasing Disney Store. Disney decided to buy it back and in the deal they are closing a ton of stores. They had to prove that these stores aren't bringing in enough money to the judge and I guess they did. It is really sad. We lost our DM and we loved her.:hug: Our store is brand new and staying open...we have been doing awesome. Hopefully that doesn't change.

I spoke with CM this weekend and she said basically the same thing only she stated that Disney was only buying back a certain percent of the stores back and not all the stores. She also gave me a toll free number to call and voice my concern.

866-902-2798, if anyone wants to call

Two of my old stores are on this list - it make me so sad. I recently moved and I took out a framed photo of the cast in front of the Willow Grove store from the fall of 1998 and nearly cried. :sad1:
Best of luck to the displaced cast members.

NY

Tanger Outlet at Deer Park

i dont even think this entire outlet is even built yet! but it is good to see that the outlet at tanger in riverhead will still be open.

I was just going to post that this one isn't even built yet!

Why in the world would Disney sell their stores to the Children's Place to begin with? That really suprises me.

Disney did not necessarily "sell" the stores to Children's Place. The Disney Stores were up for sale for over a year and nobody was interested. TCP purchased a licensing agreement to operate the stores as their own. The agreement had many clauses and stipulations in it. Among them were that Disney could terminated the agreement and take the stores back if TCP did not fulfill their obligations.

What nobody is talking about today is the fact that TDS was a trainwreck for several years before TCP took them over. The stores never recovered from the damage done under Disney's prior control. Therefore, not only was TCP not able to "live-up" to certain obligations, they also were not able to stop this ship from sinking further.

The Disney Store as part of The Children's Place was a financial disaster that forced a once profitable company (TCP) into bankruptcy. Outside of their troubles with TDS, the Children's Place stores were performing fine. So they put all the Disney Stores under a single umbrella (Hoops) and filed for bankruptcy. This makes perfect sense.

Disney was able to pick and choose which stores to keep when they regained control. The rest were included in the "list" of closures. I, myself have already posted my own opinion that this wave of closures is just the first phase. The markets that are being left with one or two stores will be further affected down the road.

I expect that things may quiet down after this round of closures is done. By the end of the summer, I would expect another list of closures to be released. By this time next year, the Disney Store will most-likely be a memory.

You are a very bitter person that is truely starting to get to me. We are only trying to keep each other informed and show support for each other. We know what is ahead. How can we forget when you keep reminding us? So ease up or stop being... you know what.

What nobody is talking about today is the fact that TDS was a trainwreck for several years before TCP took them over. The stores never recovered from the damage done under Disney's prior control. Therefore, not only was TCP not able to "live-up" to certain obligations, they also were not able to stop this ship from sinking further.

The Disney Store as part of The Children's Place was a financial disaster that forced a once profitable company (TCP) into bankruptcy. Outside of their troubles with TDS, the Children's Place stores were performing fine. So they put all the Disney Stores under a single umbrella (Hoops) and filed for bankruptcy. This makes perfect sense.

Disney was able to pick and choose which stores to keep when they regained control. The rest were included in the "list" of closures. I, myself have already posted my own opinion that this wave of closures is just the first phase. The markets that are being left with one or two stores will be further affected down the road.

I expect that things may quiet down after this round of closures is done. By the end of the summer, I would expect another list of closures to be released. By this time next year, the Disney Store will most-likely be a memory.

TCP is not bankrupt. HOOP is the one who declared bankruptcy, which is not uncommon when businesses are being exchanged.

I'm sure you wish that TDS will be only a memory next year at this time-seems like that is the only thing that is going to make you happy.

You are a very bitter person that is truely starting to get to me. We are only trying to keep each other informed and show support for each other. We know what is ahead. How can we forget when you keep reminding us? So ease up or stop being... you know what.

:thumbsup2

:grouphug: to all of my fellow CMs regardless of their store status.

goodness soon as they open a store here in Philly it is closing down. it is a shame. oh well and i haven't even been to the Philadelphia premium outlets yet :(

Philly never did and it will not open now. A guest was at my wife's store the other day and they told her that they had called the guest services to complain. She stated that the guest services cm told her that they would be evaluating markets over the next year and that possibly stores would reopen. The guest seemed super excited and wanted my wife to keep the faith that her store would reopen. My wife was polite but knows that no such thing will happen. I think that it's a shame that guests are being told "stories" just to keep them in a happy state of mind.

Update for the list... here in Indiana they are closing Tippecanoe Mall and Circle Center but have decided to leave Castleton for now. So at least I'll have one store I can go to. Even though it's an hour away. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter