List the number of surgeries you have had from birth to now!

Define surgery.
I don't consider a root canal surgery.
Not sure MOHs is surgery.
Everything I have had to date was done on an outpatient basis including hernia repair
About to have an ablation, that will require my first hospitalization.
In my mind surgery is any thing that requires one to be anesthetized and someone else taking sharp objects than digging into areas of the body that aren't even visible if your streaking. To me a knock out root canal does qualify.

In my mind surgery is any thing that requires one to be anesthetized and someone else taking sharp objects than digging into areas of the body that aren't even visible if your streaking. To me a knock out root canal does qualify.
I've had 3 root canals, never been knocked out. A regular filling is more uncomfortable to me. But in all three cases the tooth was dead, they just cleaned out the tooth and filled the root canal.

How about a visit to Dr. Tianotti?
I don't get the joke/reference.

I've had several surgeries over the years - partial thyroidectomy at age 25, pituitary adenoma removal age 40, pituitary adenoma remove age 49, varicose vein work

Also carpal tunnel (2), trigger finger (3), but those were done under local anesthesia and took 10-15 minutes each

1. Eye muscle surgery, age 6 or 7
2. Surgery for bilateral hip dysplasia, age 9
3. Surgery to remove a pin from surgery #2 (Oddly enough, I kept the rest of the "hardware" from that surgery)
4. Wisdom teeth, age 18
5. Hip replacement, age 29 (See #2-3 for explanation as to why so early)

I was also under anesthesia when they initially removed the cast for the hip surgery at age 9. I guess because the manipulation they had to do to "test" everything was painful enough? Then they put me back in the half-cast and secured it with an ace bandage. No "sharp objects" or cutting (except for the cast), so I don't know if that counts or not. :) I definitely have had a somewhat interesting medical journey, and I try to use it to encourage others. I don't mind sharing more, so let me know, even if you're just curious. The way I see it, if it can help others, why keep it to myself?

Depending on your definition of surgery, it could be 3 - 6. There are a few I tend to think of more as a procedure done as an out patient.

I don't get the joke/reference.

I've had several surgeries over the years - partial thyroidectomy at age 25, pituitary adenoma removal age 40, pituitary adenoma remove age 49, varicose vein work

Also carpal tunnel (2), trigger finger (3), but those were done under local anesthesia and took 10-15 minutes each
Tie-A-Knoti ….same people refer to him as a doctor who performs vasectomies 🙄

Had this done as a diagnostic, while I agree it was interesting, I didn't consider it to be surgery.
They treated it like a surgery and I was put out in the sense that I was aware but not really. It was done in a regular operating room by a bunch of masked, scrub fashioned people with shiny instruments. I feel that regardless of the fact that it was outpatient anytime anyone has the job of putting things through the arteries and roam around the internal parts of my heart, I call it surgery.

Just one, I had emergency surgery when I woke up with intense stomach pain. Got an ultrasound and they couldn't see anything. My abdomen had filled up with blood. It was a ruptured ovarian syst. That is extremely painful. I still have my wisdom teeth, they never surfaced and are still under my gums.

They treated it like a surgery and I was put out in the sense that I was aware but not really. It was done in a regular operating room by a bunch of masked, scrub fashioned with shiny instruments. I feel that regardless of the fact that it was outpatient anytime anyone has the job of putting thing through the arteries and roam around the internal parts of my heart, I call it surgery.
You can call it what you want ... as serious as the procedure was - I still don't think it rises to the level of surgery.

You can call it what you want ... as serious as the procedure was - I still don't think it rises to the level of surgery.
Didn't say you had too. I do consider it a serious procedure with a higher possibility of having a very negative Oops outcome. Mine ended up on a positive note with no worrisome results, but I don't want to down play the reason for doing that search. Quite stressful in my mind.

Other than wisdom teeth extraction before they came out, I can't think of anything unless more mundane dental procedures count. I've certainly been treated at a hospital, but I'm not sure if getting stitches to close a wound counts as surgery.

I do have a few cysts that I suppose could be removed, but they're benign and don't really bother me. Other members of my family have had surgery, but these days it can be very different. My dad got a non-cancerous growth removed from his brain. It wasn't necessarily fatal, but the pressure on his brain caused him to black out once. I was there with him at the hospital and the doctor went over what he was going to do with my mother and me. He was using some sort of scope and a cutting tool to cut out and remove this growth.

4 C-sections, Tubal, Cholecystectomy, and ERCP (thanks to the Cholecystectomy).

Didn't say you had too. I do consider it a serious procedure with a higher possibility of having a very negative Oops outcome. Mine ended up on a positive note with no worrisome results, but I don't want to down play the reason for doing that search. Quite stressful in my mind.
Glad for your outcome - i truly am - because that procedure actually carries a higher risk of triggering a stroke with that ooops, which is why the formality and number of attendees in an operating room setting (among other reasons like finding a blockage), and it's why they prefer the patient not to be completely under (or so I was told).

Unfortunately, my procedure only confirmed that open-heart surgery for me was required.

So far I haven’t had anything done that I think of as surgery. I know they say some things, like cataracts, are pretty much a given if you live long enough, so my turn may eventually arrive!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter