List the number of surgeries you have had from birth to now!

None
But I figure my gallbladder is a ticking time bomb just waiting to go off (my mom and 3 sisters all have had theirs removed).

As of today the count stands at 14. The first was when I was 6 months old, the latest was this past December.
I would rather not list them all.

First at about 10 minutes old. The norm for newborn boys in the late 1950s.
Two wisdom teeth removals at 16. Each side of both about 3 months apart.
Inguinal hernia repair at age 35.
Vasectomy age 37.

First at about 10 minutes old. The norm for newborn boys in the late 1950s.
Two wisdom teeth removals at 16. Each side of both about 3 months apart.
Inguinal hernia repair at age 35.
Vasectomy age 37.
Do they consider a vasectomy a surgery? It is barely breaking the skin. I was able to watch my husband get his done and I have had a much worse cut from the top of a tin can. LOL

Increasing every year.

Wisdom teeth - 1988?
Lumpectomy - 1994
Gall bladder - 2007
Ablation - 2008
Full hysterectomy - 2009
Right knee replacement - 2022
Left knee replacement - 2023
Left knee redo (infection) - 2023

Had my cervical cancer cut out when I was 18 and then my gallbladder removed when I was 30.

lump removed from breast
tubes in nose fixed from a break and the hump it caused shaved down.

Tonsillectomy at age 5, in 1962
Gall bladder and appendix in 1977
Thyroid (the isthmus and half of one lobe) in 2003

Depends what counts as "surgery."

I am going to say zero, as none of the procedures I have had required being put under with the exepct of the colonoscopy.

1. Tonsils - approx 5 years old
2. Kidney repair surgery - repair birth defect in my ureter - 20 years old
3. Meniscus repair left knee - around 45 years old
4. Gallbladder taken out - around 46 years old
5 and 6. Left and right knee replacement - done separately 3 1/2 weeks apart this winter

If only general anesthetic counts, then I guess I've got to say "none", although I've had quite a few of the procedures mentioned; some multiple times. All with local freezing only and none ever requiring a hospital stay.

So going with you have to be knocked out for it :

1) Tube inserted in left ear summer after 2nd grade so around 7 years old
2) Wisdom Teeth as a teen
3) Surgery on my scalp to remove left over cancerous bits from a cyst that I had removed in dermatologist office. Initial cyst removal was way worse than getting knocked out since I was awake for it and it bled a lot. They did a skin graft from my upper chest to cover the missing scalp area that throbbed a bit post surgery. That was 2017.

Depends what counts as "surgery."

I am going to say zero, as none of the procedures I have had required being put under with the exepct of the colonoscopy.
Colonoscopy is not really surgery, it is more diagnostic although many request to be asleep during it. I don't, I watch what they are doing on the same screen they are looking at. A lot of people visibly shutter when I tell them that. The process fascinates me. That's not to say that the experience isn't unpleasant, however, it isn't at all painful. It seems similar, on the surface to the previously mentioned Cardiac Catheter but a whole lot less potentially life threatening.

Colonoscopy is not really surgery, it is more diagnostic although many request to be asleep during it. I don't, I watch what they are doing on the same screen they are looking at. A lot of people visibly shutter when I tell them that. The process fascinates me. That's not to say that the experience isn't unpleasant, however, it isn't at all painful. It seems similar, on the surface to the previously mentioned Cardiac Catheter but a whole lot less potentially life threatening.

I don’t consider a colonoscopy surgery either. But it is the only procedure I’ve ever been put under for. Though the hospital I had it at did call those performing he procedure my “surgical team.”

I don’t consider a colonoscopy surgery either. But it is the only procedure I’ve ever been put under for. Though the hospital I had it at did call those performing he procedure my “surgical team.”
That's just so they could get paid more. The part of that team that should be the highest paid is the one that has the job of cleaning the camera.

Define surgery.
I don't consider a root canal surgery.
Not sure MOHs is surgery.
Everything I have had to date was done on an outpatient basis including hernia repair
About to have an ablation, that will require my first hospitalization.
My MOH’s surgery required about 100 shots to my forehead and scraping it down to my skull, followed by a skin graft from below by navel, and plastic surgery, where I was completely out. Took about 10 hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter