Little Things that Make You Smile

Grand Koalafornian

Mouseketeer
I have had a day and could use some cheering up. Also, I think it's generally a good thing to remind yourself of the little things that make you smile or feel grateful. So let's all share some little things that make life fun.

I'll start: I walked some friends' dogs yesterday and it was so nice to see them jumping up and down when I came in. It was like seeing me was the highlight of their day.

I went to the Disney outlet store today and bought myself the Ariel Disney enchanted jewelry collection ring. I was so surprised to see it there on sale from $1250 to $500 😊. Hubby actually called me as I was looking at it and as soon as I told him about it he said get it 🥰. I got the Cinderella one last valentines from him.

For me its all about “the little things”. My grandchildren laughing, my cats curling up in my lap, a beautiful snowfall, beautiful birds at my bird feeders, fun back and forth chats with an Instacart shopper, talking with my cousin so long that our phone batteries die, hearing of good things that happened to a friend, memories of good times and people, seeing my kids happy, working in my garden. I could go on and on. Im sorry you had a “day”, but you are on the right track in my opinion. <3 “Think of the happiest things, its the same as having wings…”

My little thing happened to my mom.
She is older, cannot walk easily, and is/has been
nearly a shut-in due to her health & Covid.
Yesterday she went to her mailbox (thankfully able to)
and found home-made valentine's from the children
across the street.
So sweet, and I'm thankful families still do this.

My black lab. This morning he climbed up next to DH, draped his front paw across his chest and tucked his head under DH's chin. He's nothing but love in a fur coat.
I always enjoy a good sunset, sitting on a porch during a gentle spring rain, taking a walk in the woods. I also enjoy watching young kids when they experience something for the first time (food, activities, whatever). Our great-nephew went sledding for the first time during our recent snowstorm. His giggles and squeals are contagious.
Those are a few I can think of now.

Seeing a gorgeous sunset from my kitchen window while washing dishes, seeing a beautiful red cardinal out the same window, my husband pouring a cup of coffee in the morning, my husband putting his lunch dishes in the sink then coming to find me to give me a kiss and thank me for lunch, so many more. Little things make life more enjoyable.

When at the end of a rough day my DS (10) wants to come snuggle on the couch before bed. Even on our worst days (he has adhd so some days are a challenge) when there has been lots of yelling and arguing, he'll ask if we can snuggle. I know there aren't too many years left of this so I take it when I can.

When the dog chooses me lol. She usually goes to sit with DH.

When my normally very calm and collected 7 yr old wins a wrestling match and gets so excited. I don't want to say he's emotionless bc he def gets big mad lol, but when it comes to sports he just goes out and does his thing so when he actually gets excited and does the fist pump, I love it.

Sorry you had a rough day.

A little bird has decided it likes the tree next to where I sit and every so often I look over and it's looking at me.

Picked out some pretty new cut flowers and they brighten the space a lot, also found some mums that look a bit like sunshine and safely put them in the corners on the landings stairs along with nightlights to sprinkle their magic 24/7. Made an executive decision, I really like the angels that light up so I didn't put them away after Christmas and now they just softly warm up an alcove.

When our little yorkie "kills" her toys. She wouldn't know what to do with a real animal such as a chipmunk if she caught it but she gets her toys and growls at them and throws them and shakes them and boy is she too cute.

My 10 month old grand daughter. She was a 6 month baby and scared us when she came but boy has she grown. I saw her Sat. and she was eating a muffin, crawling and laughing all the time. She loves Mickey Mouse too.

*Watching the deer outside my living room window

*Watching the geese with their cute fuzzy babies outside my office window

*My DD18’s laugh - she has the best laugh

*A beautiful sunrise to start the day & a beautiful sunset to end the day

*Watching young girls have awesome moments on the softball field - they don’t have to be on my DDs team - I applaud for all because I know how much work went into that awesome moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter