"LIVE" from HH

WebmasterDoc

Administrator
Administrator
We arrived at 2:30pm today and found that our room was ready. We have a 1BR villa in building 12 upper floor.

Big Murgies den does have free WiFi available, but I can't pick it up in our villa.

The resort looks great. Lots of rehab has been completed. They are still working on replacing the decking at Community Hall, but even that appears to be near completion.

It looks like a good crowd for the weekend. We have a couple of cash nites (with DVC discount) and another 6 nites on points. It seems that there are a number of cash reservations based on conversations overheard at check-in. When we called to add tonite to our trip, there was no availabilty on points, but the member discount was available.

Temps were in the upped 70's today and look lke they will warm up in the coming days.

Thanks for the live report. We will be visiting our "home" in mid-October. Can't wait.

We made our first HH visit over New England's Patriot's Day school vacation. With 3 senior hs boys, I know I didn't eat out at nearly enough restaurants.:rotfl2: Lots of cooking in the villa which I enjoyed. We rented bikes for the boys and it was like a cruise, they showed up for meals! The weather was cool that week but a nice respite from N Eng and their terrible rain storm. We were in building 15, and enjoyed watching how each tide reshaped the marsh. A cardinal serenaded us each am too. I am beginning to understand why so many DVCers love HH.

Hey Doc,

I know you are at home right now... We will be staying at HHI in early June. It has been six years since our last time there. We are nature lovers and are really looking forward to OUR stay there. I am looking forward to hearing from you about your stay and the wonderful things that HHI has to offer.

Hoping you have a great time :beach:

Hope you have a great visit - we will be there in early November - last year was our first trip there and it will be an annual one.

If you find yourself chatting with any of the resort CMs, would you please ask if they know yet where the designated smoking areas will be - the four of us will want to be near one when we stay there. It would be such a help.

Hi Doc,

We just missed you! We left the resort at about 10:00 yesterday morning after a wonderful week-long stay! I hope you enjoy it there as much as we always do.

Hey Doc,
Thanks for posting, hope you have a great week. How is your view from building 12? And please post any good meals at area restaurants. Will you be spending anytime with Capt. Scott?
Than:thumbsup2 ks!

Thanks for the live report! HHI is our second favorite DVC resort after OKW (I think it's secretly DH's favorite). You've got me envious over your 31 different buildings at OKW. So how many different 1 BRs have you had at HHI? Ever repeat any? Glad to hear about the rehabbing? Have they rehabbed in the rooms? Last time our villa looked pretty "tired"-ready for a rehab. But you gotta love HHI!

Thanks for the Live report. We visited HH for the first time the beginning of April and really really loved it. We'll go back. One question, how are you able to post to a message board? I tried (using Dis WiFi from Big Murgies) and all message boards were blocked. TIA

Hi, Doc, hope you have a great time at HH. Please have a glass of wine on your balcony for me! :goodvibes

We're enjoying a glass of wine on the porch right now looking out over the marsh. The tide is all the way out right now.

Today, I have been able to receive WiFi in our villa - and I have the laptop on the picnic table right now. The signal is pretty weak (and slow at times) but the access is OK (and the price can't be beat ;) ).

I've found no internet block on anything - the WiFi just acts like any other ISP - so I've had no trouble posting here on the DIS. I haven't tried any other sites.

We took a walk on the beach this morning. The beach renovation project of last fall has greatly enhanced the beach. In the area in front of the Beach House, the beach above the high tide mark has about tripled in depth. I spoke with one the lifeguards and they repeat this program about every 10 years. The beach looks great. Ocean temps are now in the upper 60's - pretty "refreshing" , but a little too chilly for me. (We've come in July the last 3 years and ocean temps are mid 80s then.)

The resort is pretty busy right now - with lots of weekend cash guests. I'll be interested to see what level of occupancy remains tomorrow afternoon.

I did inquire about how the WDW resort smoking policy will affect HH and I was told that HH will also be smoke free beginning June 1. I asked about designated smoking areas and that decision has not yet been made.

We had our "traditional" first evening's dinner at Scott's Fishmarket last nite. It was very enjoyable as always. Scott is a gracious host. I had the chef's special grouper and DW enjoyed the special Crab Cakes (not as good as Chef Gordon's, but still nice). A She Crab Soup appetizer and tossed salad with red-pepper vinagarette dressing rounded out our meals with a couple of adult beverages.

Speaking of Chef Gordon, we inquired about him at arrival and found that he is vacationing in WDW (it's nice to know where the HH staff goes for vacation). I also received an email from him this morning. I'm sorry to have missed him as we always enjoy his company, but there's always next time ... and we'll be back.

Our morning began with temps in the mid 60s and has now warmed up to about 78. No breeze today and the clouds have finally parted making it a beautiful afternoon. We can hear the entertainment from Shelter Cove wafting across the marina right now - so we're going to take a walk and get a closer listen! :)

Doc:

Glad you are having a great time. Mike will be happy about the wifi - we will be there in 4 weeks.

Mike, Kathy & Melissa:thumbsup2

Guess I better pack warmer clothes before leaving tomorrow -- :rotfl2: -- it has been hitting 90 here in Orlando.

We're enjoying a glass of wine on the porch right now looking out over the marsh. The tide is all the way out right now.
Sounds delightful! Is the marsh view pretty good from bldg 12?
Today, I have been able to receive WiFi in our villa - and I have the laptop on the picnic table right now. The signal is pretty weak (and slow at times) but the access is OK (and the price can't be beat ;) ).
Pretty good bonus to have a marsh view and wi-fi from the porch!
[snip]
I did inquire about how the WDW resort smoking policy will affect HH and I was told that HH will also be smoke free beginning June 1. I asked about designated smoking areas and that decision has not yet been made.
Maybe the CMs will get more of a clue before you leave. I don't mind the concept of a dsa - I used it at OKW in Feb - but I do wonder how the powers that be will design to permit use in the rain!
We had our "traditional" first evening's dinner at Scott's Fishmarket last nite. It was very enjoyable as always. Scott is a gracious host. I had the chef's special grouper and DW enjoyed the special Crab Cakes (not as good as Chef Gordon's, but still nice). A She Crab Soup appetizer and tossed salad with red-pepper vinagarette dressing rounded out our meals with a couple of adult beverages.
Sounds yummy.
[snip]
Our morning began with temps in the mid 60s and has now warmed up to about 78. No breeze today and the clouds have finally parted making it a beautiful afternoon. We can hear the entertainment from Shelter Cove wafting across the marina right now - so we're going to take a walk and get a closer listen! :)
Am listening to my neighbor's Cinco de Mayo gathering!

You're making me homesick, Doc! Have a wonderful time -- you are enjoying one of my favorite joys of HH - sitting on the balcony with a glass of wine, just enjoying being there. :goodvibes

Howdy Doc,

Glad to hear you guys are having a good time.

How about some pics of HH as it is now?

Thanks

Speaking of Chef Gordon, we inquired about him at arrival and found that he is vacationing in WDW (it's nice to know where the HH staff goes for vacation). I also received an email from him this morning. I'm sorry to have missed him as we always enjoy his company, but there's always next time ... and we'll be back.

Oh you just missed him! He was working in the Mercantile on Thursday morning.

Michele

We arrived at 2:30pm today and found that our room was ready. We have a 1BR villa in building 12 upper floor.

Big Murgies den does have free WiFi available, but I can't pick it up in our villa.

The resort looks great. Lots of rehab has been completed. They are still working on replacing the decking at Community Hall, but even that appears to be near completion.

It looks like a good crowd for the weekend. We have a couple of cash nites (with DVC discount) and another 6 nites on points. It seems that there are a number of cash reservations based on conversations overheard at check-in. When we called to add tonite to our trip, there was no availabilty on points, but the member discount was available.

Temps were in the upped 70's today and look lke they will warm up in the coming days.

Woohoo... we're going to be there in a few weeks. :banana:

Actually, when I first saw this thread I thought it going to be an old revived thread, but your'e actually there right now... Have a great time :beach:

EDIT: I just read back through some earlier posts and found one of mine... I am one confused poster :crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter