• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"LIVE" from HH

The weather has still been cool so far - upper 40's overnight yesterday and high winds. It did warm into the low 70s yesterday and the forecast is the same for today - but should be in the mid 80s by the end of the week.

We tried the early dining at Redfish last night - excellent meal. It's about 5 minutes from the resort and is one of those offering a 10% discount to Disney resort guests. The early dining program offers a nice menu with all entrees priced at $13.95 and house wines at $2.95. This is offered from 5:00pm - 5:45pm daily. Soup/salad and complimentary lemonade/iced tea is included with the meal selections. I had the mahi-mahi and salad with mango vinagarette and DW had the tilapia. They have both inside and outside dining and the interior decor is very comfortable.

We spent the day with a realtor looking around the area and have another appointment scheduled for this morning.

We spent the day with a realtor looking around the area and have another appointment scheduled for this morning.

:cool1:

We would love to own a home on Hilton Head, problem is, I want one of those BIG homes on Broad Creek. It doesn't have to be one of the biggest, but definately water front property.

Good luck with your looking! :dance3:

I'd be very interested in knowing how that went, what your overall impressions were of the things you saw and of what the realtor said. If you think it would be OT to respond here, please PM me.

:cool1:
We would love to own a home on Hilton Head, problem is, I want one of those BIG homes on Broad Creek. It doesn't have to be one of the biggest, but definately water front property.

I'd love to have one of those nice condos overlooking Shelter Creek Marina. I'd love to know how much those things go for.

Real Estate in the HH area has been a little stagnant for a number of months now - so there is good selection and prices are actually about 13% below 2006 (according to our realtor). We have concentrated on condos and fractional ownerships with a requirement that the villa have a "water" view - which we have defined as either ocean view or Creek view (the HH resort is on Broad Creek with that view we usually refer to as Marsh View).

The Ocean View condos range from $750K on up for ocean view (we did look at Villamare and Captain's Walk - which are the resorts on either side of the HH Beach House) as well as a number of others in similar beach locations.

We also looked at Newport (to the right, across the inlet from the resort), Captain's Quarters (across the inlet at the far end of the resort), Mainsail (across the marina from the resort) and Harbourside (also across the marina) . We really liked CQ and felt a little flat about Newport and liked some of the views from Harbourside. These condos range from $450K to over a million depending on size, view and which floor they are on.

We also looked at some fractionals today at Ocean Palms (near Port Royal), Brigantine (in Shipyard Planatation) and some at Harbourside (across frpm the Disney resort). We really liked a couple in Shelter Cove. Fractionals are like timeshares except instead of having 52 owners, there are 4,5,8 or 12. The one we like most is a quartershare where owners get 13 weeks per year. The fractionals ranged from about $65K to $150K. We have another appointment tomorrow. ;)

The HH resort iseems busier now than over the weekend - just judging from the number of cars parked at the resort now. Today was cooler again (low 70s) with a little rain this afternoon. Mid 70s predicted for tomorrow and still expected to climb into the 80s (normal temps) by the end of the week into the weekend.

I spoke with JimC this afternoon, who is also at the resort this week. We hope to enjoy a dinner together this week.

Most of the improvements being completed at the resort are along the lines of painting, replacing old woodwork (railings, decking, the pier walkway, etc.) so the changes are pretty subtle with freshly painted areas - but no big structural changes. As noted in another thread, there is now a basketball court at the resort - it's near the 300 year old tree on the marina side of the resort around the buidling 16/19 area.

The weather has finally gotten back to normal - yesterday and today are 80+ and the wind has died down from the effects of the sub-tropical storm that went by earlier this week.

We went out to dinner with JimC and family last night and had a great meal at Charile's Etoile Verte (I probably misspelled the French part - everybody around here just calls it "Charlie's" ). It is about 2 miles from the resort down towards Sea Pines. Very comfortable decor, the menu is hand written daily based on the fresh fish they have available. We had an early dinner, but the place was very busy by the time we left. I had Cobia, Jim had Tilefish, others had the duck, salmon and mahi-mahi with no dissapointment noted by anyone. Prices were in the mid $20s range for most things on the menu.

Tonite is our last night as we have to head back to reality tomorrow. :(

We're already planning our next trip though! :)

Thanks for the report! We noticed the basketball court also for the first time last month, and were amazed how we never noticed it before. Nice to know that it has not always been there LOL! :lmao:

We were very lucky the week we were there (week before Easter) and the weather was just perfect!

Enjoy your last night!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter