Live From the May Repositioning Cruise

sandysplayhouse said:
Here is a link to our May 28 - June 4 cruise photos...
you will have to register, but then you can view them.
Start with Disney Cruise first, then Day 1, then Day 2-7

http://www.snapfish.com/share/p=100...c=SYE/otsi=SALB

Back to the real world... Work, Bills, and dreaming of the next cruise.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

What WONDERFUL pictures! Thanks for sharing them! Looks like you all had some great fun, and magical memories!

Georgie

Sandy,

Wonderful, wonderful pictures. I teared up when I saw the menu cover for the last night 'Til we Meet Again'. On our repo cruise I will probably start crying at that point and not stop til three days later!

Thanks for sharing with us.

Pam

Yeah, Kpgclark I'd like to know how safe Acapulco is too.
We've never booked an excursion with DCL on our past 7 cruises with them, but we did this time at Acapulco. After reading some post here on the Dis I felt it may be best to do things in groups.

Hi All:

Just got done reliving the cruise from the otherside.

Thanks everyone for keeping tabs on us as we were gone! The photos from the Canal webcams were totally awesome!! Nice to see what the ship looked like as it went thru the locks, beautiful!! DW and I were on the stern going thru Gatun, in our starboard side private verandah going thru Pedro Miguel and I want up to the starboard side deck 9 railing immediately above the starboard wing bridge for MIraflores, namely, exactly the oppasite of where the webcam was shooting, guess I lost my chance for internet fame! We had so much fun and enjoyed meeting all of you DISers on the ship and I am so glad all of you at home had such great chances to watch us do it!! Thanks to Buzzman for finding jewels of webcams, thanks to Jaime for aiming them and Alvaro for taking us thru the locks! Hey 3dan, where is the hottub?? Sorry we did not see you more once onshore!!

kellib36 said:
I agree. I'd love to do Curacao and Cabo again....

Did you see the circus animals being transported through the streets in Cabo? I really loved the air conditioned mall...Bless their pharmacy...Tylenol Sinus with instructions in Spanish....saved my life...honk, honk... Would love to do a reunion trip to Cabo...It has changed SO much in the years since I spent a week-long vacation there...When I was there 7 years ago it was a student tourist-infested dump...What a nice surprise...Now, if DCL would just fix the tender problems.....
Kelli, you star in many of my photos...http://kivadesign.smugmug.com/gallery/593319

videogal1 said:
Did you see the circus animals being transported through the streets in Cabo?
NO!!! Bummer...I saw the circus cars of a train come through Cheyenne a few years ago....I thought that was pretty awesome...I would have loved that...I was too busy being dragged from one end of Cabo to the other...Not talking about you, Elaine, I was thinking of the WAY too many things to do in WAY too short a time Coastal Highlights tour....

videogal1 said:
Kelli, you star in many of my photos...http://kivadesign.smugmug.com/gallery/593319
Going there next, but guessing the back of my head is famous!!!! :goodvibes

Actually, the eastbound cruise doesn't stop in M. We stay overnight in Acapulco....I hope the change is a good one!

QUOTE=Mickey&JoshNut]Hi Kelli :wave2:

That's funny that you felt rushed on the tour...we felt the opposite. We watched the glass blowing (he made a turtle) and then had 20 minutes or so to shop. I know it's not a lot of time but we didn't feel rushed. Mom and I walked all around the Catus place looking for the Canadian Cactus he said they had (couldn't find it but did find a hidden Mickey Cacti!!!!!)

I do agree....skip Mazatlan and stay longer in Cabo. I would have like a lot longer to have explored the stores more in Cabo. I might actually have found the post office then!!!!! I think Cabo was the only place I didn't pick up any postcards. Oh well...another reason to go back!!!!!!

I was disappointed with Acapulco. I guess it was just my impression that it would be more Americanized. Remember trying to cross the road to the post office, Kelli!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Over all, I'm glad that Disney did stop at the places they did. They were all places I would never have gone on my own but I would now return to Curacao and Cabo San Lucas, if given the chance.

Elaine[/QUOTE]

DisMagicFan said:
Actually, the eastbound cruise doesn't stop in M. We stay overnight in Acapulco....I hope the change is a good one!

I'd say no it isn't a good change. I had a great time on the Tquila saddles and huarches (sp??) tour. It was a highlight. I have very little good to say about Acapulco excpet for Roberto and the fireworks. Sorry, you guys got the short end of that deal!

kpgclark said:
In Acapulco did any of you do either the Family Beach (Coco Loco) or the La Roqueta Island Getaway excursions? If so how did you like them?

Additionally, did any of you grab a local taxi as you debarked in Acapulco? Did you feel it was safe?

My husband, six year old son, and I went to to Family Beach break- I cannot SAY enough about how wonderful this was! We also went to the beach break at Mazatlan and that was just okay.

The beach at Coco Loco was very nice, very clean. The staff were VERY concerned about keeping the peddlers away from you- and guarded the parameter. The drinks were great and the food was wonderful! There were great beach toys for the kids and belly boards for the water- if you were to do the same trip at Mazatlan they charge you $5.00 per hour for. The only bad thing about Acapulco was the undertoe- VERY strong. It was even difficult for me at times.

I really enjoyed my time in Acapulco and would go again. If I had more time to go out and explore, I would go to the "platinum zone" and see over there.

The area around the ship is the older area and nothing special....we walked over to a store to buy sunscreen.

Unlike Jen, I didn't like Mazatlan- I wouldn't go there again.

It's interesting to see how different shore excersions impact your perception.

PizzieDuster said:
:

Sandy:

I have to tell you this. I read your post yesterday and looked at your pictures and saw all the balloons you had at the port to welcome the Magic coming to California. I saw pictures on another thread somewhere here too. I planned all week to make a trip down to San Pedro to watch her sail and to basically "get my bearings" and just where we would be departing from, where the parents will be dropping us off, where they could have lunch and watch us sail off.

Today, we went to watch the Magic sail away (we are leaving in two weeks). We went to the Port of Calls Restuarant and had a fantastic view of her sitting in port and her sail away. She IS the ONLY beautiful thing in that port :lovestruc

When we were leaving after we watched her sail away, my DH and DD6 waited for me while I snuck into Acapulcos to use the ladies room. When I came out, my DD was holding a lime green balloon. I said "Where'd you get that", thinking, how did I miss any DISers. My husband said he found it stuck in a tree and almost had to climb it to get for her. Okay, DISers :grouphug: and right then, I remembered your pictures. :bounce:

When we got home tonight I showed her your pictures. She's is thrilled! She was soooo excited to see the balloons on the computer and the meaning of it and Mickey's Boat. She tied it to her bed and wants to tie it to our car when we leave in two weeks. I said yes, we'll take it.

How cool is that! :wizard:

That is the cutest true story! :love:

icunurse_celeste said:
It's interesting to see how different shore excersions impact your perception.

Celeste, I couldn't agree more! If you enjoyed what you did, it was a great place. If the excursion wasn't what you expected or wanted, it wasn't a great place!!

kpgclark said:
Additionally, did any of you grab a local taxi as you debarked in Acapulco? Did you feel it was safe?

My sister, parents and I did a taxi tour of Acapulco. My dad wanted to see the cliff divers but the Disney Excursions that didn't involve a lot of walking were full so we did it on our own. As soon as you get out of the port building you will be hit by A LOT of pushy taxi drivers. My sister and I went outside to look at rates and assess the situation before having my parents walk out in the hot sun. I was a little tenative as we were two females. There were some drivers there that I would never get in a car with but there were a lot of friendly ones there as well. It really wasn't that bad once we picked a driver and settled on a price per person. (I would suggest talking to a few before picking one if you are doing some touring with them. If you are just getting from point A to point B, anyone should do.)

If you are planning on doing a tour of the city with them, discuss with them what you want to see. It seems that they have the same route they all take and that's all some of them do. While we were trying to pick a driver, it was a little difficult to get some of them to understand there were places we had no interest in seeing. Even with the driver we had, we wanted to head back to the ship at one point and he insisted that we head up to see one other place. (Did go there and it wasn't worth it and we did really have to insist that we end the tour.)

Overall, it wasn't too bad, got a personal tour of the city and it worked out cheaper for the four of us than the DCL Excursions. The August repo cruisers may have a different opinion of Acupulco than the May people because Acupulco seemed to be a nighttime kind of town and with you guys being there overnight, you'll get to see that.

JenKatt said:
DisMagicFan said:

I'd say no it isn't a good change. I had a great time on the Tquila saddles and huarches (sp??) tour. It was a highlight. I have very little good to say about Acapulco excpet for Roberto and the fireworks. Sorry, you guys got the short end of that deal!

I guess it depends on how you look at things, but I don't think we got the short end of anything. We get to see the cliff divers at night and do other things since we will be there for 24 hours, and the best part is that we're going to be there with about 500 friends. Can't get any better than that!

piglet33 said:
JenKatt said:
I guess it depends on how you look at things, but I don't think we got the short end of anything. We get to see the cliff divers at night and do other things since we will be there for 24 hours, and the best part is that we're going to be there with about 500 friends. Can't get any better than that!

I agree!

icunurse_celeste said:
My husband, six year old son, and I went to to Family Beach break- I cannot SAY enough about how wonderful this was! QUOTE]

Celeste, we were there too! It was me my DH, DS-5, DD-2. We really enjoyed that excursion also. :O)

Serena

It DEFINITELY was the DIS FRIENDS part which made the Maiden PC Cruise for us!

A comment (or 2) about Mazatlan... :goodvibes

Yes, this appeared to be the "poorest" of the Mexican stops we made, but somehow, DH and I loved our tour (Sierra Madres). While we would probably not go back, we enjoyed seeing the area as only we could... on a tour. The ride to so many places... the brick making, the furniture making, the cobblestone streets, the fresh bakery + tile making, the ride up the mountains to our luncheon, complete with mexican food, the children on their donkeys, the hand carved buidings by the children... all while riding and viewing the sierra madres.

Of course, one wouldn't choose to do this every day, but we really did enjoy getting this opportunity to catch a glimpse of their culture. It made us appreciate the good 'old USA even more. :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter