Local Foods Not Available Elsewhere?

Yes, Wisconsin!
Brandy Old Fashioned Sour, but I'll let it slide. ;) Yay for WI!

As much as I am supposed to hate you cheeseheads, WI has my heart. I spent my summers in NW Wisconsin, and it still feels like home. Going back to visit in a few weeks and I am more excited than I am for my WDW trip that comes a few weeks after that!

I so so so so miss Skyline. (Formerly of Cincinnati now in New Hampshire)
You can go to the website, I believe it's cincyfavs or cincyfavorites and order skyline, larosas, montgomery inn, graeters and I believe gliers goetta and queen city brats and metts to be delivered, granted I believe they send either the frozen or canned chili and canned sauce - but its better than nothing :)

Last edited:
We have those kind of cheese curds here in MN, too. But, I will always run for the border for Spotted Cow! Thankfully, that border is only about 20 miles away! LOVE New Glarus brews!

MN - hm. Are Jucy Lucy's, Old Dutch, or Nut Rolls sold outside the borders?

Are you taking about Old Dutch chips? They’re from Winnipeg, Manitoba so now I can say are they sold outside the border?

We’re also the home of Honey Dill dipping sauce.

Are you taking about Old Dutch chips? They’re from Winnipeg, Manitoba so now I can say are they sold outside the border?

Their US operations are based in MN, Canadian in Winnipeg (as you know).

You have made me want Taylor pork roll thanks..lol
You can get it around boars head carries at kroget it but its expensive 5.99 lb.
I used to ship my grandparents Taylor's pork roll when they lived in Florida. Only brand my grandfather would eat. And I still overnight my Aunt & Uncle scrapple (they relocated to AL for work)!

You can't buy these cheese curds in the store. ;)

View attachment 440663
toss those babies in some buffalo sauce and dip in ranch dressing. I've done this in about 5 supper clubs throughout Wisconsin....I'm on a one woman mission to make this a thing. So darn good. I always let my server try one and they always love it. I do the same at Hooters with their mozzerella cheese sticks. yummmy!

Wow, never thought of cheese curds as regional. They seem to be in most grocery stores here. But California is a huge cheese producing state. Number 2 behind Wisconsin.

We have them (locally made) all over Ontario/Quebec too.

I would kill for a pork tenderloin sandwich or a Runza to be available locally to me. I also cannot get cheese curds in FL (the real, squeaky kind)

I would kill for a pork tenderloin sandwich or a Runza to be available locally to me. I also cannot get cheese curds in FL (the real, squeaky kind)
Despite having a Runza in the college town where my alma mater is I think I only ate there once or twice when I lived there. I also kinda find it interesting that in all of KS they put it in Lawrence lol but it must get enough business because it's still there.

Despite having a Runza in the college town where my alma mater is I think I only ate there once or twice when I lived there. I also kinda find it interesting that in all of KS they put it in Lawrence lol but it must get enough business because it's still there.

It was a favorite lunch spot in high school :love: They put one in a tiny town in southern IA as well. Weird placement.

They originated in MN, still HQ here...not far from my house! Looks like they have a big plant in Winnipeg, too! They are so, so good!!

That dipping sauce sounds amazing!

They originated in MN, still HQ here...not far from my house! Looks like they have a big plant in Winnipeg, too! They are so, so good!!

That dipping sauce sounds amazing!

I guess you’ll have to let their website know..

886047DB-3649-4116-894C-7F6EF1623C7C.jpeg

As far as the honey dill, I have no idea. It’s ketchup or nothing for me lol

Coffee syrup. You add it to. I’ll. Yum. Del’s lemonade. Hot seiners.
My step-father-in-law is from the New Bedford, MA area and he introduced us to coffee syrup which he puts in milk. It's quite good IMO and he'll buy it from time to time and have it shipped to his house here in the Midwest. His preferred brand though is Autocrat which is really the only one I've had.

My step-father-in-law is from the New Bedford, MA area and he introduced us to coffee syrup which he puts in milk. It's quite good IMO and he'll buy it from time to time and have it shipped to his house here in the Midwest. His preferred brand though is Autocrat which is really the only one I've had.
I’m surprised New Bedford has it. I’m in RI.Autocrat is a RI business

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter