London / Paris Here We Come!!! 9/2 - 9/10/11

We watch the Graham Norton show on BBC (LOVE IT) and just recently Ricky Gervais and his writing partner were on. The man is 6'7" and they asked him to do a cart wheel.

The comment was "he's going to look like the London Eye (the huge ferris wheel type thing)."

I completely stopped thinking about the joke and started thinking "oh...we're going to see that. I'm a bit terrified of heights. Will I go on that? The view must be amazing. I wonder if the pods are air conditioned? How many people fit in one pod?"

I imagine it will get worse as the time gets closer.

LOVE Graham Norton :thumbsup2 His earlier show on channel 4 - So Graham Norton was a bit more racey but soooooo funny :laughing:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0181255/

4OD Entertanment has a channel on you tube with his shows on - you may not be able to access it from the US, I'm not posting a link but try searching.

Here is a picture of the London Eye - I've not been on it but they look pretty spacious, you can walk all the way around.

214.jpg

I've got the new BBC "Sherlock" series recorded to watch. London! Sherlock Holmes! I think I'm going to have to rent "Dr. Who". This could get really bad! If I start talking with a British accent at work, they may have me committed! ;)

It will probably color my re-watching of HP 7.1, too!

:yay: PARIS!!! :cool1: LONDON!!! :banana: DISNEYLAND PARIS!!! :dance3:

:cheer2:

Sayhello

:laughing: The most recent Dr Who - Matt Smith is fab IMHO. There were some great episodes :thumbsup2

Having just returned from a London honeymoon, I'd suggest those of you with iPhones (possibly others too, I don't know) get the free app "TubeMap" if you plan on using the London Underground. I pull it up once in a while just to check out, say, how the Bakerloo Line is running. Very handy. *Wistful sigh* I miss the UK. Prices? Not so much. ;)

Good plan, it's so easy to go in the wrong direction on the tube - make sure you know if it's going North, South, East or West. If you do go the wrong way the easiest thing to do is get off at the next stop (they're fairly close in central London) and go back the way you came. You may have to climb a lot of stairs in some stations, they have escalators but they can be broken! They have elevators too (lifts) but they can take a while.

Yep London prices are crazy but so are DLRP ones! Oh and VAT is going up in January :rolleyes: So it will be 20% tax on sales instead of 17.5% :rolleyes:

John, I feel your pain! Every time I ask a question to Christy, she answers me back in her "outrageous accent." And she calls me a silly English Pig Dog.

french.jpg

Your mother was a hamster and your father smells of elderberries! :lmao:

We watch the Graham Norton show on BBC (LOVE IT) and just recently Ricky Gervais and his writing partner were on. The man is 6'7" and they asked him to do a cart wheel.

The comment was "he's going to look like the London Eye (the huge ferris wheel type thing)."

I completely stopped thinking about the joke and started thinking "oh...we're going to see that. I'm a bit terrified of heights. Will I go on that? The view must be amazing. I wonder if the pods are air conditioned? How many people fit in one pod?"

I imagine it will get worse as the time gets closer.

The London Eye is amazing, a must do! Pods don't really need to be air conditioned, as it never really gets that hot, and it's only for 30 minutes. When I went on, there were about 15/ 20 in one pod, with loads of space to sit down and move around and see the view. For me it felt like being in a tall building, looking out the window, nothing more threatening that that.

Are you planning to do a meet somewhere? I'd love to meet you all as I live so close! If you are planning one in Disneyland Paris I *might* be able to make it there either!

(I really want to hold a meet, as currently it is looking like a long time until my next visit to Florida!)

:laughing: The most recent Dr Who - Matt Smith is fab IMHO. There were some great episodes
I'm afraid I'll always be a Tom Baker girl. :lovestruc He was the Doctor when I spent 6 months in England as an exchange student. I think your first Doctor is always special. Although I am rather fond of 10, also! :3dglasses

Sayhello

I'm afraid I'll always be a Tom Baker girl. :lovestruc He was the Doctor when I spent 6 months in England as an exchange student. I think your first Doctor is always special. Although I am rather fond of 10, also! :3dglasses

Sayhello

I'm enjoying Matt Smith as the Doctor but David Tennant is my favorite. I only started watching with Chris Eccleston...it is hard to imagine so many other people playing the part before him. I just rewatched The Girl in the Fireplace (Series 2) episode that is set at Versailles. Good episode plus....WE WILL ALL BE THERE IN 9 MONTHS!!! :woohoo:

OMG, I had *NO* idea the pods were that large! :eek:

I just may be able to do that!

(I made them let me off of the Ferris Wheel at California Adventure. Just *could* not handle it!!!)

Sayhello

I hate ferris wheels :scared1: and cable cars but I think I would go on the London Eye, it looks very stable and I guess you wouldn't get much movement inside the pods.

Your mother was a hamster and your father smells of elderberries! :lmao:

The London Eye is amazing, a must do! Pods don't really need to be air conditioned, as it never really gets that hot, and it's only for 30 minutes. When I went on, there were about 15/ 20 in one pod, with loads of space to sit down and move around and see the view. For me it felt like being in a tall building, looking out the window, nothing more threatening that that.

Are you planning to do a meet somewhere? I'd love to meet you all as I live so close! If you are planning one in Disneyland Paris I *might* be able to make it there either!

(I really want to hold a meet, as currently it is looking like a long time until my next visit to Florida!)

I'm hoping we'll have the chance for a get together. We're not going to Florida next year, we may be able to swing it for a quick DLRP trip :goodvibes

Sayhello

For my it's Sylvestor McCoy - those cyber men scared the wotsits out of me when I was younger :laughing:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING:thumbsup2
With all these whovins on the boards we could have our own mini convention. Maybe find a Cybermen or a Daleks or two:laughing:.
John

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Just looking at the list of people who have signed up for this trip already is getting me very excited to go!!!

Jason:goodvibes

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

I am definitely counting my Disney blessings today!!! Looking forward to adventuring abroad with you!

With the Podcast being on hiatus, I went searching for something to listen to. I found the Visit London podcast. It is pretty interesting. Each episode is relatively short (10 - 15 minutes) and focuses on one place or thing to do in London. The only danger is that I'm going to want to fit in everything that is mentioned into our visit...I'm only three episodes in and already have a list of "must do's" going. :goodvibes

I recommend the podcast if you are looking for more information...or just want to get even more excited about the trip.

With the Podcast being on hiatus, I went searching for something to listen to. I found the Visit London podcast. It is pretty interesting. Each episode is relatively short (10 - 15 minutes) and focuses on one place or thing to do in London. The only danger is that I'm going to want to fit in everything that is mentioned into our visit...I'm only three episodes in and already have a list of "must do's" going. :goodvibes

I recommend the podcast if you are looking for more information...or just want to get even more excited about the trip.
Ooooo... Sounds cool. Did you find them on iTunes?

Sayhello

OMG, Christy! I just listened to the 2 most recent "Visit London" podcasts while power walking, and I'm totally with you! I want to go to virtually *EVERY PLACE* they describe! The hard part is going to be narrowing it down to a manageable few!

Thanks so much for the rec! It's definitely pumping up the anticipation for this trip! :woohoo:

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter