Long Beach Airport - Uber or Shuttle

BonneyRose

Earning My Ears
Hi we will be traveling with our family of 4. Flying into long beach airport this time and traveling to Hyatt House anaheim. Kids are in booster seat age. Last time we flew into LAX and took the disneyland grayline bus. We've never done uber. Anyone have experience with a shuttle or uber from this airport. Or tips?

We used Lansky. They provide the car seat if you ask. Less things to fly with. We found them to be professional and very helpful. Includes a free grocery stop on the way to the hotel....

I just used Lyft from LAX and loved it! (It was $60 less than Uber, I guess Uber was in a surge).

I just take a taxi. $45 to the resort, $50 or so back to the airport. They are just sitting there waiting. Uber could be cheaper, but you're limited by the size of your party (trying to squish 3 into the back seat of compact car when 2 are in boosters could be tight). With a taxi, they have minivans right there ready to go :)

I am not sure if Uber/Lyft can pick up at LGB. They can drop off there, but I read somewhere previously that they cannot pick up.

I am not sure if Uber/Lyft can pick up at LGB. They can drop off there, but I read somewhere previously that they cannot pick up.
Earlier this year they held hearings on doing a 6 month test. If that did start, they may be picking up now, or it may end before OP's trip. It may also be like the initial period at LAX when only Lyft applied for a permit and Uber was still banned from pickups.

I just returned from several days in southern California and by far our best transportation experiences were with Lyft. Our longest wait for a car was only five minutes, the drivers were always courteous, it is more convenient than a shuttle, and less expensive than a cab. With the Lyft app you are also able to choose the size of the car you want to pick you up; I just fed your information into the Lyft app, and for a vehicle that seats 6(easier with the boosters) the cost from LGB to the Hyatt House is $43.18, a smaller vehicle would be 24.64.

We went from desert palms hotel to lgb last week using lyft and it was about $30 with tip. The driver was eight at the light when he got my message and it turned green immediately for him. We weren't even outside and he was there.

Our driver got a pickup request for lgb as we approached, and he just moved over into the pickup lane. So I think they are picking up now.

Taxis are a flat rate $45 LGB to DLR area....and there are many minivans available. As pp stated: very easy, they are right there.

There are two ways they can pickup from Long Beach, you can use the more expensive version of Uber or you can walk to the cell phone waiting kit and be picked up from there, which often times is where they are now making the Taxis pick up from.

Taxis are a flat rate $45 LGB to DLR area....and there are many minivans available. As pp stated: very easy, they are right there.
The Taxis often times are now moved to the cell phone waiting lot, but not always, not sure if there is a rhyne or reason to it, but I drive past LGB every day on my way too and from work.

Regarding transport from LGB to Disneyland hotels, why is it so much more expensive than a ride from John wayne airport (SNA)?
We usually drive our car to the parks, but last month flew into SNA for a week's vacation. Shared shuttle (which worked great!) was
$22 RT plus tip.
I booked next trip into Long Beach because JetBlue had a great ticket price. From LGB, a shuttle is $33 one way! I don't get it, especially since they are both about the same distance from Disney.
I won't be flying into LGB again. Paying about $100 RT just for transportation is nuts to me.

but if even Taxis are getting kicked out to the cell phone waiting lot, I don't see how Uber and Lyft would be allowed.

On Monday our Lyft driver wasn't kicked out anywhere. He dropped us off then got his pickup. We saw him do it as we got ourselves in order to get our rental car. He wasn't kicked out to get his ride.

Regarding transport from LGB to Disneyland hotels, why is it so much more expensive than a ride from John wayne airport (SNA)?
We usually drive our car to the parks, but last month flew into SNA for a week's vacation. Shared shuttle (which worked great!) was
$22 RT plus tip.
I booked next trip into Long Beach because JetBlue had a great ticket price. From LGB, a shuttle is $33 one way! I don't get it, especially since they are both about the same distance from Disney.
I won't be flying into LGB again. Paying about $100 RT just for transportation is nuts to me.
Because it is further and you cross county lines. Really I love flying in and out of Long Beach, but then again I live about 15 minutes away.

Also, transportation prices have gone up about 30% across the entire state thanks to higher minimum wages and taxes that recently went into effect and come September or so, expect them to go up at least another 40% due to higher gas taxes and vehicle registration fees.

So what you paid before will undoubtedly be higher now.

Yes it is a bit farther. SNA to our hotel 13 miles. LGB to hotel 21 miles. So for me, not enough distance to make for 3x the fare.
I do get the crossing county line though.
We have shuttle reservations for our trip in Oct all pd for. Still the $22 RT so far.

That was only a trial, as of June they were no longer able to do so or at least that's what they claimed when we tried. But that may have changed again admittedly, but if even Taxis are getting kicked out to the cell phone waiting lot, I don't see how Uber and Lyft would be allowed.

Strange. I thought the deal was for at least 6 months, and it didn't start until April. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter