Long Island Disers!

Happy Holidays to all!!!

We just came back from our Disney trip Sat. night. Yup from 82 degrees on Sat. morning to snow in Islip on Sat. night. I changed from my capris to pants at 5 pm. sat. Sigh.

Who got a nice Christmas present from Gov. Cuomo today? We got a nice little property tax refund check. Nice because our property taxes are going up over $300 next year anyway. So I think we will net less than $75.

Enjoy your holidays everyone!

Happy Holidays to all!!!

We just came back from our Disney trip Sat. night. Yup from 82 degrees on Sat. morning to snow in Islip on Sat. night. I changed from my capris to pants at 5 pm. sat. Sigh.

Who got a nice Christmas present from Gov. Cuomo today? We got a nice little property tax refund check. Nice because our property taxes are going up over $300 next year anyway. So I think we will net less than $75.

Enjoy your holidays everyone!
Were you on flight 772 by any chance? (Departed at 3:05pm landed 5:25pm)

If so, how did you like that landing?:crazy2:

We told our kids it was one last ride to end our vacation. Lol.

No we were on the last flight that arrived at 10:30 pm. I heard the lady in front of us saying her flight earlier in the day was cancelled so she was able to get on this one. We had some turbulence coming in too.

No we were on the last flight that arrived at 10:30 pm. I heard the lady in front of us saying her flight earlier in the day was cancelled so she was able to get on this one. We had some turbulence coming in too.
Our pilot aborted landing due to high winds just as rear wheels touched down at Islip. Pilot hit the gas and circled back around over Port Jeff harbor then landed on the second try. Even the second landing was pretty sketchy. We were all over the place! Entire plan erupted in applause and very loud screams of relief when we finally landed safely. Not that regular clapping that sometimes happens. I've never been on an airplane that actually touched down then had to abort landing. Can't say that I ever want to be on one again either!

Not loving this weather we're having. Why is it that we seem to either get a dusting or an entire foot of snow? Isn't there a happy medium? Sure makes me miss Disney. I'm jealous of those of you who were there recently!

I am staying in. Ds1 and Ds 3 will snowplow the driveway tomm. I am glad this storm was on the week end and not during the week.
My neighbors mom is here from Florida and sadly her dad died when they just got here right before christmas , so I dont know what they are going to do. The mom used to be a school bus driver here but I am sure she is not enjoying this snow.

Ds3 is essential personnel but glad he is off work till Monday.

Dh ran to get ice melt this morning. He said, no problem Home Depot had a pallet of it. He only got 1 bag. I said, why didnt you get 2. Oh well. Maybe he can go back during the week to see if he can get some more. He got a haircut and then went to the local store for cold cuts and was home by lunch. Ds2 is in New Hyde park with his gf and her family for the week end.

Yes, when it snows, I always dream of Florida.

How is everyone's storm prep going?

Ds1 went to urgent care and has the flu so later we will do a grocery run to get him more gatorade and stuff he wants. Ds3 has to go to work tomm, so he will leave around 4 or 5 am. I have a feeling he will be sleeping overnight in the hosp. after his shift.

Take care everyone. Be safe!

I too have to run to the grocery store this afternoon and I am not looking forward to it. Hoping there won't be a huge crowd.

Anyone else headed down any time soon? We head down the first week of May for our 29th wedding anniversary. We will have our first stay at BCV. We prefer VWL but with all of the work my husband would have been too pissy throughout the week lol.

We will probably go toward the end of May. We will probably split between the Swan and BC. or preferably the Yacht Club if we can get an AP discount but not holding my breath with the renovations they are having there.

Anyone been to Wahlburgers in Port Jefferson Station? The ds tried a while ago and they said the wait was over 2 hours. I don't know if they have tried again lately.

Also anyone dealing with the flu? My dh got it after the ds and dh had a flu shot, ds did not. Hopefully no one else in the house will get it.

I live in PJS but have no plan any time soon. I haven't heard much good about it. Their paychecks were bouncing for a while. The price is a bit high and it's all ala cart. I've heard the food is OK. My son works across the street at 5 guys he's had some of them come in. Oddly, they seem over staffed.

We're actually heading down to Disney on Saturday. We decided to go very spontaneously on the 12th! We couldn't figure out a time this summer when we could go away, so we're doing it during February Break. Luckily, we have a great friend who was wiling come here to dog/house sit. I was able to get great FPs and was able to take advantage of the ticket deal that's out right now-4 day tickets for $70/day.

Also anyone dealing with the flu? My dh got it after the ds and dh had a flu shot, ds did not. Hopefully no one else in the house will get it.

my whole house is- I got it first, gave it to my daughter and then my 89 year old mother. And both of them had the flu shot too- it was just very ineffective this year.

Looking at my last post after my dh recovered from the flu he went to urgent care again and they said this time he had pneumonia. He has had a lot of meds and is feeling better. But he seems to cough more in the cold air.

Braved the grocery store this afternoon. Lots of short tempered people for sure. I bet tomm. it would be worse. My one friend already canceled her southwest flight to Florida from wed. until friday, well southwest actually cancelled it already. She asked me where to buy a snow shovel, lol!

Ds3 has to be at the hosp. for his am shift on wed. He said they will send a hummer for him if he cant get out of the neighborhood and get there. We shall see.

Stay safe everyone and enjoy the snow day for those who get one!

I'm not looking forward to snow. I'm heading to bjs this morning to make sure we have food in the house.
I'm hoping it gets warm soon. My girls start outdoor soccer the weekend of March 25th.

Dropped my DD off at JFK for her trip the Happy Place a little while ago....wish I was going with her! Now heading off to the grocery store and BJs to see if there is anything left of the shelves. Stay safe all!

I'm heading off to the supermarket later - I know it will be horrible, but I want to take advantage of a few sales. I don't know what the snow will bring - if we get a lot, we may be snowed in since our development is a lot of dead end streets so they plow us last. Luckily for us, our neighbors own a snowblower and they always take care of our snow. I don't want to shovel, and I sure as heck don't want my 91 year old dad to do it either.

I just hope we don't lose power, but if we do, we won't starve. We can use our stove, we'd just need a match to start it.

Well, I went to the grocery store at 4 PM, and it wasn't bad at all. I guess most people are at work today, so that's why the store was so crowded yesterday. Got my corned beef, cabbage and potatoes so I'm set for my St. Patrick's meal - which is planned for Saturday, since we can't eat meat on Friday.

We did get a message telling us to put the car on the driveway and that there won't be garbage pickup tomorrow. I bet most of the LI schools will close tomorrow. I know NYC schools are closed.

Stay safe, everybody!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter