Looking for Adventure in the Great Wide Somewhere a PTR

I was planning on doing a better post today, but honestly I just don't have the energy. Yesterday I started to develop a bit of a sore throat shortly after I got to work. Today I woke up feeling like I've been hit by an 18 wheeler. :sick: I somehow have to make it until 4pm here at work, and I'm really not sure I'm going to make it.

Every part of my body feels like it weighs 50 lbs, I'm fighting to keep my eyes open, and I'm shivering as if it's sub zero weather. So not good. We are having a potluck lunch here at work, but I have no appetite at all. I'm really trying to get something done at work, but my eyes keep lowering all on their own. I'm leaving for Disney in 9 days I can't be sick. Normally my office lets us out at 2:30 before holidays, but of course this year they are making us stay to 4. At least I'll get home around 6pm, and all I need to make for tomorrow is a pie. I was going to do it all from scratch, but I gave my mom a call today and she's going to pick up a ready made crust for me. I'm just not up to homemade crust tonight.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. It's one of my favorite holidays because really it's a holiday anyone can celebrate no matter what your religious beliefs are. It's just the simple act of being thankful for what you have. Hopefully my appetite will come back before dinner tomorrow, but even if it doesn't I'm so happy I get to spend the day with my family and my nieces.

I was planning on doing a better post today, but honestly I just don't have the energy. Yesterday I started to develop a bit of a sore throat shortly after I got to work. Today I woke up feeling like I've been hit by an 18 wheeler. :sick: I somehow have to make it until 4pm here at work, and I'm really not sure I'm going to make it.

Every part of my body feels like it weighs 50 lbs, I'm fighting to keep my eyes open, and I'm shivering as if it's sub zero weather. So not good. We are having a potluck lunch here at work, but I have no appetite at all. I'm really trying to get something done at work, but my eyes keep lowering all on their own. I'm leaving for Disney in 9 days I can't be sick. Normally my office lets us out at 2:30 before holidays, but of course this year they are making us stay to 4. At least I'll get home around 6pm, and all I need to make for tomorrow is a pie. I was going to do it all from scratch, but I gave my mom a call today and she's going to pick up a ready made crust for me. I'm just not up to homemade crust tonight.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. It's one of my favorite holidays because really it's a holiday anyone can celebrate no matter what your religious beliefs are. It's just the simple act of being thankful for what you have. Hopefully my appetite will come back before dinner tomorrow, but even if it doesn't I'm so happy I get to spend the day with my family and my nieces.

Oh no! I hope you get some rest tonight when you get home and feel much better when you wake up tomorrow morning. :hug: :grouphug: :hug:

Oh no! I hope you get some rest tonight when you get home and feel much better when you wake up tomorrow morning. :hug: :grouphug: :hug:

Thanks. I can't wait to get out of here and fall asleep for awhile with a warm cozy blanket. I feel so exhausted, and cold it's not funny. One and a half hours left to go.

Not packed yet, but once I get the ironing done I'll be all set to pack.

My brother gave me the laminating idea. Last year when we took our family trip he didn't laminate but covered all our plans with heavy dute clear packing tape. I think I like his way a bit better. The plans are still protected, but much more pliable.

I'm hoping this trip turns out to be a good balance. I'm really feeling the need to a little alone time thse days.

This year I made it my goal to take advantage of working in NYC, and to see more shows. We've taken the nieces a few times this year and had a wonderful time. I think we've all pretty much decided that it's so much nicer to spend time together, than to buy each other stuff that we don't really need.

The decorations are really going to depend on how I feel over the next few days. Right now all I want is to crawl into my bed for about a week.

Ooohh, ironing. The iron is not my friend. It never does what I tell it to. :lmao:

Clear packing tape? That's an idea! :thumbsup2 I don't know if I can get to my sis's laminator, if she even remembers where it is. :laughing:

I do the same with living next door to NYC. The last few years has been with Broadway and now I'm trying to visit more museums. I was debating going in for T-Giving parade (after all Sailor Mickey will be there :rotfl:), but I think it's going to have to wait for another year.

With the addition of a car park at Secaucus Junction, it's super fast & easy to get into NYC. Drive there and in NYC within 10-15 minutes max. Beautious!

I hope you feel better!!!!

Bummer about being sick...I have been fighting a cold for the last five days. I am HAPPY though. I figure if I am sick now, I can't be sick again in 2 weeks, right?

Use the long weekend to rest. Drink lots of OJ and turkey soup, and get better. You've got a week to recover, that's plenty of time!

Happy Gobbler Day.

I hope you feel better soon! Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Unless you are Native American... taught at a Native American Head Start for 5 years, not really a holiday they "celebrate." :rolleyes:

I am so sorry that you are feeling so lousy, I hope you feel better tomorrow!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, I have always thought that it is a holiday with a wonderful meaning and absolutely agree with your feelings about it! You are a lucky nation to have this as part of your history. :thumbsup2

Oh, hon. I hope you feel better. Get lots of rest and have a great Thanksgiving! :hug:

Chrissy, I hope you are ok!! In case you need them, I am sending good thoughts to you. :goodvibes:goodvibes I hope that you feeling so lousy on Wednesday did not mean that you really became seriously ill. :goodvibes

Bummer about being sick...I have been fighting a cold for the last five days. I am HAPPY though. I figure if I am sick now, I can't be sick again in 2 weeks, right?

Use the long weekend to rest. Drink lots of OJ and turkey soup, and get better. You've got a week to recover, that's plenty of time!

Happy Gobbler Day.

That's what I was thinking too. I had been sick about 2 weeks ago, and figured that I was in the clear for my trip. I was so wrong! I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for you that you stay healthy before your trip.

I am so sorry that you are feeling so lousy, I hope you feel better tomorrow!

Oh, I hope you feel better soon, Crissy!!!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow!!!

Oh, hon. I hope you feel better. Get lots of rest and have a great Thanksgiving! :hug:

Chrissy, I hope you are ok!! In case you need them, I am sending good thoughts to you. :goodvibes:goodvibes I hope that you feeling so lousy on Wednesday did not mean that you really became seriously ill. :goodvibes

Thanks everyone. Unfortunately me, the girl who never gets more than a little cold managed to come up with a doozy the week before her vacation. Luckily though nothing has been as bad as last Wed. was. I spent the majority of my weekend sleeping and trying to get as much rest as possible.

I still managed to wake up this morning with no voice. :sick: I came into work, because I knew half my department took the day off. When my boss called and said he wasn't coming in until about 1pm I was more than just a bit annoyed. I'm going to try to get an appointment to see my doctor. Hopefully he can give me something more effective than the over the counter stuff I've been using.

Hopefully everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Mine was okay inspite of the cold. I was able to actually eat a little bit of food, and I always love getting to spend time with my nieces. The one bad part was that I had to keep a bit of distance from them so I didn't infect them. Very tough! I hated not being able to play with them the way I wanted to. My poor younger niece kept forgetting and just coming up and hugging me. I'd have to shoo her away. It was killing me. :sad2:

How sad that you had to send your nieces away from you! :sad2:

I hope you will feel better soon! It's good that you planned a relaxing stay at WDW anyway you can use your vacation to really recharge after having to go through such a nasty cold! :goodvibes You are leaving so soon!! :eek::banana:

Hi, hon! I hope you're feeling better. Your trip is so close! If I don't get on the DIS again before you leave, I hope you have a wonderful time. :goodvibes

You're so, so close now!! Hooray!! I really, really hope you are feeling 100% by D-Day. After all this dreaming and planning, I want you to have a fantastic time!

How sad that you had to send your nieces away from you! :sad2:

I hope you will feel better soon! It's good that you planned a relaxing stay at WDW anyway you can use your vacation to really recharge after having to go through such a nasty cold! :goodvibes You are leaving so soon!! :eek::banana:

It was so tough not being able to play with them, but really I was just happy I was functioning enough to be able to see them at all. I had better be healthy for Christmas because I can't take two holidays when I can't really play with them.

Hope you're feeling better!!!! Just think, you're getting it out of your system before going away!! Thinking of you!!:hug:

Thanks. It's getting there. Feeling much better today, but we will see how I feel after a day at work. I'm still don't feel like I'm functioning at full energy levels, but today at least I'm not feeling completely fatigued by the time I get to work.

Hi, hon! I hope you're feeling better. Your trip is so close! If I don't get on the DIS again before you leave, I hope you have a wonderful time. :goodvibes

Thanks Kat! I think that my visit to the doctor is going to be well worth it. I normally hate going to the doctor, but I didn't want to mess with things with vacation so close.

I hope you were able to get to the doctor to get some good stuff!!

THREE DAYS! :banana::banana::banana:

I sucked it up yesterday, took the day off and went to see my doctor. I'm feeling a bit better so the antibiotics seem to be helping.

You're so, so close now!! Hooray!! I really, really hope you are feeling 100% by D-Day. After all this dreaming and planning, I want you to have a fantastic time!

I'm hoping that even if I'm not 100% I'll be close. Each day lately has been a bit better than the last.

HOLY COW you are so close you can taste it!! YAY!! I hope you have the best trip ever!!!

I know that for someone who is leaving for Disney in just three days I've been missing in action around here. I thought that I had everything planned and under complete control for my last two weeks before vacation.

Then I got sick. :sick:

Talk about throwing a wrench into the plans. I hardly ever get sick, and when I do it's the garden variety cold type of sick. Usually it's just my allergies bugging me, never anything more than that. Last Wed. I woke up feeling worse than I have in ages. Ugh! It was just horrible. I was hit with the works…headache, nausea, fever and fatigue so bad that I thought I was actually going to fall asleep at my desk at work.

By the time I got home at about 6pm it was all I could do but to crawl into bed. I set my alarm clock for 8pm thinking I'd get up to bake the pie I needed to for Thanksgiving dinner, but after it did I realized there was no way I was capable of making a pie that night. I slept through until 9am the next day when I finally got up and made the pie. I don't know if I've ever slept as much as I have the past week. I did for some crazy reason get up to be at Target at 5am on Friday, but after having breakfast with my Dad after shopping I was back in bed again by 7:30 am. I had to work on Sunday morning, but was back in bed really early again.

:santa:My big goal for the weekend had been to put up my Christmas decorations, but needless to say that didn't get done. I did manage to squeeze in my packing between naps, but that's about it. I'm trying not to stress too much over the lack of Christmas decorations. If they get up this year, they'll get up if not I'll have to live with it.

I ended up taking yesterday off from work and heading to the doctor's office. The official diagnosis - upper respiratory infection, although I'm pretty sure it must have been a touch of the flu earlier in the week. He put me on antibiotics and gave me some heavy duty cough medicine. My voice hasn't come back yet, but today is the first day in a week that I've had any energy at all. Hopefully I'll be doing even better by Saturday morning. :thumbsup2

Otherwise I'm ready to go. Bags are virtually packed and set to go. Paperwork is all set. I just have a few things to pick up on the way home today, a trip to the bank tomorrow, and some garbage and dishes to do before I leave. I'm planning on staying over at my parents house on Friday night to make things easier. Plus it will give me a built in wake up call. (I am horrible about oversleeping, especially lately). Illness or not, Disney here I come!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter